SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

All noted Sully. You will of course be missed but I have to question your priorities here .................

So our Reactolites won't be getting their customary workouts then? Shame.😉

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

So our Reactolites won't be getting their customary workouts then? Shame.😉

John

One wouldn't count one's chickens just yet....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Two weeks today, all being well, I for one shall be en route from Chateau Sheep to Staplegrove.

Another layout appearing is Clive Mortimer's Pig Lane. A compact, pre- tops, Western Region diesel servicing point located on the borders of Berkshire and Oxfordshire. 

Unsure which way round we'll have this on display as it is capable of being viewed from a variety of angles...........so if you've seen it before you might not have seen it from here/there..............Come to think of it, it could be a surprise to Clive if he leaves it unattended for too long......

100_5490-01.jpeg.58cb994c37fbbe2f1bb1203f2eda0be5.jpeg

I thank you.......

Isn't magnadhesion wonderful.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Two weeks today, all being well, I for one shall be en route from Chateau Sheep to Staplegrove.

Another layout appearing is Clive Mortimer's Pig Lane. A compact, pre- tops, Western Region diesel servicing point located on the borders of Berkshire and Oxfordshire. 

100_5453.JPG.c64fffdd63d6459bfe08a95930929c1a.JPG

100_5478.JPG.083dbe4c3f434fc90c9f037a10b6904d.JPG

Unsure which way round we'll have this on display as it is capable of being viewed from a variety of angles...........so if you've seen it before you might not have seen it from here/there..............Come to think of it, it could be a surprise to Clive if he leaves it unattended for too long......

100_5490-01.jpeg.58cb994c37fbbe2f1bb1203f2eda0be5.jpeg

I thank you.......

In addition to your magadhesion @Clive Mortimore , don't forget your fiddleyard as per image 1, we don't want your locos on the floor.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

In addition to your magadhesion @Clive Mortimore , don't forget your fiddleyard as per image 1, we don't want your locos on the floor.

There are staging sidings beyond the bridge, for photographic purposes I placed a bit of white painted wood behind the bridge.

I don't have fiddle yards as this song always comes into my head when I read fiddle yard.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

SWAG Bring and Buy 2022

Dear all,

What you have all been waiting for or at least I hope so!  

Please find the form and the terms and conditions of sale and purchase for this years SWAG Bring and Buy Stall attached.  It is the same as previous years, with one exception which I hope is good news.

Although, cash is preferred, we are now able to accept Credit/Debit cards.  As always, there is a cost in accepting payment via Credit/Debits cards and in order for the Charity (British Heart Foundation) to receive the full % amount collected we would kindly ask for a small donation of 1.8% of the total amount to cover the cost of using this payment method, this can in also be cash, but please no buttons.  

See you on the 24th, regards,

Aidan

SWAG2022Form.docx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

My thanks to Aidan for the above. Now it's up to us to dig out a few choice bits and bobs to populate the stall. 

As per Aidan's post a goodly percentage of all sales are donated to good causes so as ever,  let's push the boat out. 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Sadly that weekend is the one my sister has selected for a family get together lunch and with a couple of new arrivals I have yet to meet ( thanks covid) refusing the invite is not really an option. Do have a good day all, well actually it will be a good day SWAG meet always is.

Don

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

An update from SpamTowers on progress being made with Polsarrett...

rps20220410_182006.jpg.d521fa7b06b6b7d41f0eee76bbd8a61b.jpg

Backscene now fitted which is allowing buildings and other previously loose items to be fixed down and bedded in.

IMG_20220411_185451.jpg.0e10c63f9de7cefed443369f42c56974.jpg

The trees need to be added back on but everything in this photo is now fixed down.

I think you need to now amend your signature, Old Fruit to include Polparrot. 

SB. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

I decided to plant some trees instead...

rps20220412_140229.jpg.b53fdbc7eda34e7851c531f7c99e1fcc.jpg

Needs more, I can still see the Great Pyramids of Cocksbarrow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

I decided to plant some trees instead...

rps20220412_140229.jpg.b53fdbc7eda34e7851c531f7c99e1fcc.jpg

Nicely done. Still like the Forth Bridge in the corner........

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

I used to live in Carthew and we had a real live tree in our garden that was green!.....even after the 2pm explosion and best efforts of the local work force to cover the entire neighbourhood in clay dust. 

It was a holly tree so the clay was quite useful at Christmas to add a little festive cheer.

Craig,

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Have you actually seen trees in Clay Country?

Green, they are not.

Having had a look through my period colour photos of Wenford clay dries, the trees are green. Only the very nearest vegetation has a hint of white. The whitest area is the dries loading docks and the concrete apron.

I wouldn't really class Wenford as classic 'clay country' through, so perhaps local circumstances were different.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Having had a look through my period colour photos of Wenford clay dries, the trees are green. Only the very nearest vegetation has a hint of white. The whitest area is the dries loading docks and the concrete apron.

I wouldn't really class Wenford as classic 'clay country' through, so perhaps local circumstances were different.

I knew you'd go and check.😄

Driving through the area (Bugle, Drinnick, Nanpean) for work, during the late 80's & early 90's, my lasting impression was everything was tinged with white.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I knew you'd go and check.😄

Driving through the area (Bugle, Drinnick, Nanpean) for work, during the late 80's & early 90's, my lasting impression was everything was tinged with white.

Posted for discussion purposes regarding vegetation near Wenford clay dries and extracted from The Steaming 60s not by Peter Coster ...

rps20220412_180926.jpg.cd278bdb23beee80fc22b11ba8484e67.jpg

Definitely green. Probably because it was a nice tidy LSWR branch. Shocking if the WR let their clay get everywhere.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Posted for discussion purposes regarding vegetation 

Definitely green. Probably because it was a nice tidy LSWR branch. 

207514026_pencarrowstock.jpg.31ee76b08ee3a9b0dc4453c80ac717a3.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Posted for discussion purposes regarding vegetation near Wenford clay dries and extracted from The Steaming 60s not by Peter Coster ...

Definitely green. Probably because it was a nice tidy LSWR branch. Shocking if the WR let their clay get everywhere.

Nice Toad at Queen Mary' rear. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Definitely green. Probably because it was a nice tidy LSWR branch. 

What a lovely, cute pannier.

But it was definitely black, BR didn't paint them green just because they worked on ex-Southern lines.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2