SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Work is continuing to get Polsarrett completed for the show. 

Quite a lot done since February, including: legs, fiddle yards, cassettes, drapes, layout painting and electrics. So I do have a functional layout, which is good. The fiddles hadn't received their top coat of paint in the following photo but you get the idea.

IMG_20220326_115345.jpg.194b937650094e56187ba1a2a47fc56b.jpg

Scenically there's loads left to do though, so it's going to be a case of what I manage to get finished before the show. A few images showing the current state of affairs:

IMG_20220326_130324_1.jpg.836de4a867c2a617dea0df9f55e1c69b.jpg

IMG_20220326_130247.jpg.49b524a2ce4f52c89147847339739f74.jpg

IMG_20220326_125315_1.jpg.68d567cb5949f1f5100d178eead7f2d7.jpg

I'm hoping that today, when I visit the printers for the third time, the backscene will have been printed. Fingers crossed.

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, john new said:

Are the LFT etc, rules still applicable or as the Govt wants us to be more is SWAG getting more relaxed about COVID? Not arguing against them being there if they are, just checking if they still are as the earlier posted guidance if we want to attend.

Boris might be relaxing things but COVID infections are going through the roof, so bizarrely we're probably all more at risk now than we were a few months back. 

I'm sure Rob will be along to confirm but I thought that there was no intention to drop the previously posted entry requirements. IMO it's probably more important that we are all responsible and do LFT etc before the show. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Boris might be relaxing things but COVID infections are going through the roof, so bizarrely we're probably all more at risk now than we were a few months back. 

I'm sure Rob will be along to confirm but I thought that there was no intention to drop the previously posted entry requirements. IMO it's probably more important that we are all responsible and do LFT etc before the show. 

Absolutely spot on. Got it at the mo*, not too bad but it still ain't nice and I wouldn't wish it on my mates.

If it means buying a test, tough.

* I reckon it will have been from an event in a similar sized room with a similar number of people so there's no room for complacency.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Absolutely spot on. Got it at the mo*, not too bad but it still ain't nice and I wouldn't wish it on my mates.

If it means buying a test, tough.

* I reckon it will have been from an event in a similar sized room with a similar number of people so there's no room for complacency.

Get well soon Andy

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Ahem..........oops

Including Castell, there are 13 layouts.........

Possibly 14 if Brian brings Caledonian Basin.....which I think he is. 

Oh I don't know. We've got lots of layouts. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem..........oops

Including Castell, there are 13 layouts.........

Possibly 14 if Brian brings Caledonian Basin.....which I think he is. 

Oh I don't know. We've got lots of layouts. 

Rob. 

Good job I'm not bringing one then.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi

Thanks for the info, hotel is booked so Dad and I will come along!

Is there going to be the usual dinner on the Saturday evening this year?

Simon

Hi Simon. 

Great stuff. 

I'll stand to be corrected but not this year. There may be an 'informal' amongst those exhibitors staying over but to the best of my knowledge nothing has been arranged as of yet. 

The majority of us are travelling up, down, over and across on the morning of the show. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Thanks for the update. Glad to know common sense is in place; it wasn’t in most of Weymouth when I was out shopping this morning despite the confirmed rising case numbers.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

A shameless plug for 'The BGMan's Bazaar' at Taunton this year - 

Will no doubt be leaving with more than I have already agreed to.  Can never resist those sort of things even without such a good cause!

looking forward to the 24th, looks like a good lineup 

edit: I am going to bring along a few of my 3D printed bits a long with me if anyone would like a look/ chat about 3D printing in general

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, mozzer models said:

snap

since i booked at 11am the price has gone up £15

Probably realised RMWebbers are staying, so having to increase the insurance cover :)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Looks like I will be Billy no Mates, I booked myself in at the other Premier Inn on the other side of the M5, mainly because it has its own restaurant. 

Was that a collective sigh of relief I just heard?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Amazing. Do you have the same effect everywhere you book? 😜

23 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Was that a collective sigh of relief I just heard?

It seems some folks aren't out to make friends this year...🤣

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just a thought for 2023 - perhaps suggest the meeting up/stop over places the night before early on in the announcement thread. Clive's point about the in-house restaurant also a valid one.

Edited by john new

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Looks like I will be Billy no Mates, I booked myself in at the other Premier Inn on the other side of the M5, mainly because it has its own restaurant. 

Taunton Ruishton (M5, J25) thats one without a restaurant Only doing breakfast Quote from web site (This hotel has a breakfast room, but not a restaurant)

there is one next door but not part the premier group & I would look somewere else to eat we found it not very good

Taunton east has a Beefeaters & North a Brewers fayre restaurants