SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, mozzer models said:

Taunton Ruishton (M5, J25) thats one without a restaurant Only doing breakfast Quote from web site (This hotel has a breakfast room, but not a restaurant)

there is one next door but not part the premier group & I would look somewere else to eat we found it not very good

Taunton east has a Beefeaters & North a Brewers fayre restaurants

Taunton East was a few quid more expensive when I booked over a week ago.

A breakfast room will do me for the morning. There is a carvery next door.

Hopefully those of us staying over night anywhere in Taunton can meet up on Saturday night for some grub.

Hi

For those that are attending the event and would like to purchase a copy of my book 'Colour Light Signalling for Model Railways', please contact me before the 15th April and I can bring some copies along with me (I might even sign them!).

Colour Light Signalling for Model Railways - The Crowood Press

Regards,

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

What's this year's charity - MacMillan Nurses again?

Afternoon John, 

This year's charities will be the British Heart Foundation and the Bristol & Weston Hospitals Charity. 

Sadly, heart disease has claimed the lives of two friends of the event  in the last eight months, Mick Bonwick and Grahame Hitchen. 

It's the least we can do. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

By way of conceptual distraction, I am able to confirm and not deny that a local alternative source of chicken & ham pies from a farm shop a few miles to the east does not, in any way whatsoever, come close to the subliminal aesthetics of the existing product, that has been served at these events for several years.

As such and with the wind in the South West by West a quarter west, I shall make no recommendation regarding changing the source of supply of the chicken and ham pie portions for this event.

You will, however, appreciate Dear Reader, that such research is always essential, because of the uncompromising nature of all related Artistic endeavours.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

For anyone in the Area Someset Railway Modellers are holding an exhibiton/open day at Washford Village HAll SAT 9th April 10 to 16:30.

We would be pleased to see you. Hopefully there will be enough of Pam's delightful cakes to go round.

Don

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

You will, however, appreciate Dear Reader, that such research is always essential, because of the uncompromising nature of all related Artistic endeavours.

31 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

No.

CK in a compromising position 😆

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 96701 said:

I thought they were Rowntree or Nestles KitKat 

Quite right.

The Kitkat (or KitKat) is simply a Red Herring, thrown into the mix. I am not proposing to bring any fish pie to Taunton, though.

7 hours ago, Donw said:

For anyone in the Area Someset Railway Modellers are holding an exhibiton/open day at Washford Village HAll SAT 9th April 10 to 16:30.

We would be pleased to see you. Hopefully there will be enough of Pam's delightful cakes to go round.

Don

Planning on being there, travelling via Heaton Lodge Junc, tomorrow. Will you be there Don?

If so where might I find you?

Have been meaning to invite you round for a coffee, at the caravan, but was awaiting some

entertainment (trains) to become available.

Cheers

TONY

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mulgabill said:

Planning on being there, travelling via Heaton Lodge Junc, tomorrow. Will you be there Don?

If so where might I find you?

Have been meaning to invite you round for a coffee, at the caravan, but was awaiting some

entertainment (trains) to become available.

Cheers

TONY

Most likely on the 0 Gauge Layout. It will be good to see you.

Don

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

No.

The response above together with another which 'confirmed not denied' has me in a state of deep worry concerning the state of our dear CK. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1