Bachmann announce Class 69 in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

69011 outside today, GBRF 69 house colours, Orange/blue.

Havent yet spotted any differences between 8 and 11, so we may actually have a matching pair.

59102 alongside it, in Frightliner Halloween blood Orange.

released from Eastleigh tomorrow.

Edited by adb968008

On 04/04/2024 at 15:29, adb968008 said:

69011 outside today, GBRF 69 house colours, Orange/blue.

Havent yet spotted any differences between 8 and 11, so we may actually have a matching pair.

59102 alongside it, in Frightliner Halloween blood Orange.

released from Eastleigh tomorrow.

Has 010 been painted yet? If so, what livery please?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, carefreeroz said:

Has 010 been painted yet? If so, what livery please?

Still in undercoat.

its at Tonbridge this weekend, maybe a trip to Eastleigh cometh ?

this maybe worth a watch on Monday, its a regular path 0Y68 with a VAR for monday LE to Eastleigh

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H32609/2024-04-08/detailed

admittedly it could be anything, as its a regular path.

theres an 0Z69 (clue there) on monday shuffling around Eastleigh yard

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:R09094/2024-04-08/detailed

Edited by adb968008

On 06/04/2024 at 08:48, adb968008 said:

Still in undercoat.

its at Tonbridge this weekend, maybe a trip to Eastleigh cometh ?

this maybe worth a watch on Monday, its a regular path 0Y68 with a VAR for monday LE to Eastleigh

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H32609/2024-04-08/detailed

admittedly it could be anything, as its a regular path.

theres an 0Z69 (clue there) on monday shuffling around Eastleigh yard

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:R09094/2024-04-08/detailed

Ok thanks

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

One thing I noticed on 69012 while I was testing it the other day is the pipe hangers in the front have been changed from the traditional class 56 style chains to a fixed bar, all the existing class are going to be retro fitted with them and the final few will be released that way 

Class 56/69 original chain type 

IMG_7070.jpeg.a2792639ae756479779a1f6b45d3d7fd.jpeg

new solid bar hanger 

IMG_7069.jpeg.a82e2ddda182c2c5b3567794e49e6ec7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, big jim said:

i was rather hoping they might have done it in NSE whilst they had the same paint in the airbrush after doing the 73 

Dutch is the one i’d like.

i’m hoping 56097 in its new life returns in its same ‘as preserved’ livery… it’d be a nice gesture to its preserved past.

Alas the numbers are running out now and there is still Railfreight, Redstripe, 6 sectors, BRT, Technical services, Satlink, 1950’s experimental Black, D1015 Ochre, D1000 Sand, RES, Intercity, Caledonian Railway Blue…..and 41101’s Andy Cap livery to go.

I understand 69012 is getting a special livery.

looking at the pictures, looks like 69009/10/11 have a 66 style lamp iron.

Edited by adb968008

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Dutch is the one i’d like.

i’m hoping 56097 in its new life returns in its same ‘as preserved’ livery… it’d be a nice gesture to its preserved past.

Alas the numbers are running out now and there is still Railfreight, Redstripe, 6 sectors, BRT, Technical services, Satlink, 1950’s experimental Black, D1015 Ochre, D1000 Sand, RES, Intercity, Caledonian Railway Blue…..and 41101’s Andy Cap livery to go.

I understand 69012 is getting a special livery.

looking at the pictures, looks like 69009/10/11 have a 66 style lamp iron.

Six are in GBRf colours so far, including the ones with flags which don’t know the way the wind is blowing. That cuts down the variety a bit. Not that I mind; I rather like GBRf with the speed whiskers.

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Six are in GBRf colours so far, including the ones with flags which don’t know the way the wind is blowing. That cuts down the variety a bit. Not that I mind; I rather like GBRf with the speed whiskers.

Although the numbers go upto 16, theres 20 class 56’s to go at.

Though 56303 is crashed one end, and 56106 only has 1 cab, and has been separated from its body (not even sure the rest of it exists).

The celebrity pair 56081/098 seem unallocated 69 numbers.

Edited by adb968008

52 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I hope they’ll be easy to remove; I like one end of my mainline diesels to be cosmetically correct.

I’m not sure if the auto uncouplers are on all variations of the model or just on the ‘deluxe’ version…

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Kaput said:

Looks like they have the new autocouplers, don't remember that being announced for them.

Looks like it's not only Hornby that are sacrificing appearance to gimmickry!

That great black lump hanging beneath the tension-lock coupling is, frankly, a carbuncle.

Still, what price authentic appearance when we can push yet another expensive function button?

Let's hope that there is a 'dumbed-down' version, without all the costly bells and whistles.

CJI.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Kaput said:

Looks like they have the new autocouplers, don't remember that being announced for them.

The Bachmann website states the specification for each version and yes, the dcc couplings are fitted to the deluxe models, and easily removable it seems for those who might want to

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

That great black lump hanging beneath the tension-lock coupling is, frankly, a carbuncle.

Still, what price authentic appearance when we can push yet another expensive function button?

Let's hope that there is a 'dumbed-down' version, without all the costly bells and whistles.

CJI.

DC version wont have it, because it wont work on DC.

Sooner we move to wifi enabled models the better.

40 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

CJI.

On the other hand, you could find yourself able to acquire cheap models as masses of carbuncle fans unload their existing models onto the second-hand market.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, No Decorum said:

On the other hand, you could find yourself able to acquire cheap models as masses of carbuncle fans unload their existing models onto the second-hand market.

56’s being traded in for class 69 conversions ?

😀

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

It looked like more than a hint, and to be fair why would Bachmann not follow the 69 with a 56.

I said hint as I didn’t want to put words in someone else’s mouth, but completely agree. Will be interesting to see how it fares given the quality of the Cavalex one and that batch 1 is already out.