Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

are both the colas and DC rail 56 due in November or just one?

Thank you to Cavalex for loaning the  Colas and DC Rail sample locos for use on Deadmans Lane this weekend at Wakefield show

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Thank you to Cavalex for loaning the  Colas and DC Rail sample locos for use on Deadmans Lane this weekend at Wakefield show

Great.  I’ll look forward to seeing them in action on Saturday. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

i think Christmas is cancelled but as long as i get the models :D

With three on order all coming along in November, which is also my yearly car costs month, I think not only this Christmas is cancelled 😱

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Yo said:

Really looking forward to my 56 arriving,. Just asking what dcc chip (non sound) is recommended for them? The website says it's 21 pin.

Yes the socket is a standard 21 pin however if you require all of the lighting functionality were looking to provide aftermarket Lokpilot chips that are blown with a custom file. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Just watched the Hornby Magazine YouTube update and had to upgrade my preorder to DCC Sound - even without hearing it, Alex's enthusiasm for the sound was enough!

Great to hear. We are very proud of the sound on this loco. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Just watched the Hornby Magazine YouTube update and had to upgrade my preorder to DCC Sound - even without hearing it, Alex's enthusiasm for the sound was enough!

Just watched the update too and WOW! This has genuinely blown me away, the passion that both Cav @ Alex have is incredible 👌🏻 I think these 56’s are going to be my favourite locos I have in my fleet and I’m so glad that these guys are doing the class 60! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, RBE said:

Yes the socket is a standard 21 pin however if you require all of the lighting functionality were looking to provide aftermarket Lokpilot chips that are blown with a custom file. 

Great to hear. I’ll certainly be wanting those. Any idea of timescales as I would like to get them running asap.

On 28/09/2023 at 20:29, newbryford said:

The class 56 performed faultlessly and sounded great all weekend!

IMG_2424PS.jpg.6e1400abcd764711ff6ece8c467ac0b9.jpg

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

The Great Electric Train Show 2023

CavalexClass56bufferupchallenge-GETS2023(2).png.09925caad19c6de1c38c42bf63e13b09.png

We are looking forward to attending the Great Electric Train Show this weekend. Visit our stand for news of our latest announcement as well as viewing our latest project samples and a chance to drive our brand new 56.

Intriguing …. Wish I could but not on my doorstep - will watch this space!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

The Great Electric Train Show 2023

CavalexClass56bufferupchallenge-GETS2023(2).png.09925caad19c6de1c38c42bf63e13b09.png

We are looking forward to attending the Great Electric Train Show this weekend. Visit our stand for news of our latest announcement as well as viewing our latest project samples and a chance to drive our brand new 56.

Flying Scotsman drivers need not apply?* 😜

* In Jest - we don't know the reason behind the rough shunt.

• Funny 5

Saw the model in the flesh for the first time at Milton Keynes yesterday and even in the big hall the sound was really impressive! Looking forward to receiving mine. Time has obviously been taken to get the sound on these as good as possible and it’s really appreciated. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cavalax,

Really pleased to see this coming to fruition and all the positive comments from people!

Odd question though - I gather the speakers will be available separately and the decoder may also become available but, if you buy a sound fitted model, can you remove the decoder and speakers easily enough to fit them back into a non sound fitted one?  I ask because I may order the special railtour pair with sound but only really want sound in one but would like to retro-fit a DC version of another.

Thanks,

Ixion.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2023 at 23:50, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi Cavalax,

Really pleased to see this coming to fruition and all the positive comments from people!

Odd question though - I gather the speakers will be available separately and the decoder may also become available but, if you buy a sound fitted model, can you remove the decoder and speakers easily enough to fit them back into a non sound fitted one?  I ask because I may order the special railtour pair with sound but only really want sound in one but would like to retro-fit a DC version of another.

Thanks,

Ixion.

Yes both the speaker and chip are plug and play. No soldering etc is necessary. The DCC ready version has everything that the sound fitted ones do apart from the speaker or chip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks.

I have missed out on the DCC Sound version of DC Rail 'driver Wayne Gaskell and would like to know if its better just now trying to secure a standard version and then buying the sound chip and speaker when they become available. I could get a DCC Fitted version but if the chip has to be replaced for a sound chip and speaker its not worth paying for something i don't need. Can anyone advise or indeed (long shot), point me in the direction of a DCC Sound version.

Thanks

Edited by Krieghoff
typo

43 minutes ago, RBE said:

Contact the retailer that you have ordered with and ask if you can upgrade the order to sound fitted. Most of our retailers have ordered a surplus over what was pre ordered.

Thanks for the update. Ive sent Rainbow Railways an email but nothing back as yet. Its my fault for not ordering earlier. 

• RMweb Gold

With many thanks to my friends at Cavalex, I was able to run this on my layout last weekend. I have a Colas one on order so it was good to have a sneak peek at what I was actually getting for my money. It’s safe to say that I won’t be cancelling my order 👍

IMG_2969.png.24a0971b817b0ecb072eed039a40f89f.png

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 13