Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

IMG_1496.jpg.cba5ec2e473c4a2e381f8003ff1a9150.jpg

Photo courtesy New Sodbury layout team by Thornbury & South Gloucestershire MRC

Thank you to British Railway Modelling for a great weekend at Alexandra Palace last weekend - thanks also to everyone that visited our stand over the weekend and spoke to us on various projects. We are also very grateful to the New Sodbury layout team by Thornbury & South Gloucestershire MRC for running our 56049 painted sample over the weekend - it looked great on the Revolution Trains log carriers! 

Thornbury & South Gloucestershire MRC

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Bogies are the nuts on this in comparison

EEDD56E1-6BDC-4574-929F-F6672A9E15F4.jpeg

2EE1094B-28B1-47AE-975B-0CA98519BC1F.jpeg

Cavalex detail is indeed 'nuts' and are as a modern model loco should be....it runs impeccably...sounds good...looks good...and it 'feels good!' let's just think of the age of original model its not bad if viewed on its own.....Good to see side by side.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/03/2023 at 02:42, Erixtar1992 said:

EEDD56E1-6BDC-4574-929F-F6672A9E15F4.jpeg

Interesting to compare the different bodyside grills. 303 looks like two separate panels, whereas 049 looks like one panel with a dividing bar. In this photo below, 049 looks more like 303? Were there differences between the various builds?

Dsc_0782.jpg

Edited by brushman47544

So the guys were kind enough to trust me with their Colas sample after Ally Pally, to which i must thank them massively!

Did a little vid on it which hopefully you all enjoy, i must confess i dont know an awful lot about a 56, but my own personal opinion has been extremely positive as i think the video shows.

I was impressed at how well the loco has stood up to being poked and prodded all this time before it got into my hands concidering the fine detail, not to mention the easy access to the interior and full depth cab also being nice features.

looking forward to getting one permanently when they arrive.

cheers lads.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Are the production models coming in the bullet proof frame the models screwed too.......it looks impressive.

Yes that is the prototype test packaging for what you will get. We are also going to add small semicircular cutouts in the foam to the outside of the frame so that it's easier to get your fingers in to left the frame out. It can be fiddly on the one on the video. Other than that it's pretty much exactly what you will get.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick one for Cavalex - Would you ever consider doing future runs of weathered 56's? Unlike other manufacturers, I have found your weathered TEA's to be spot on, really capturing the feel of a well-worked asset. I'd love a tatty Transrail-Dutch one!

35 minutes ago, Ajax50046 said:

Quick one for Cavalex - Would you ever consider doing future runs of weathered 56's? Unlike other manufacturers, I have found your weathered TEA's to be spot on, really capturing the feel of a well-worked asset. I'd love a tatty Transrail-Dutch one!

I will let Cavalex comment on this but for what it is worth, after speaking to the guys at the last few exhibitions - they seem open to producing an ex fast line example in beaten & up de-branded condition so I imagine the answer maybe a yes for certain examples which were notoriously in poor condition? 

• Like 1

CLASS 56 UPDATE - DCC SOUND FITTED PRICE

CavalexClass56(Sound)(1)L.png.dd22edc7567d38c188a677f35e302d24.png

Cavalex Models are pleased to announce that as the Class 56 project enters the production stage of the process, we can release the price of the DCC sound fitted loco - with the RRP for the DCC sound version of the model being set at £289.95. 

We would like to thank all of our potential customers for their patience over the past few months whilst the sound project has been developed. We will be contacting our retailers at the end of the month to confirm their final orders so please place your pre-order before that date to secure your models.

Please visit our website below for the full DCC Sound specification, a list of our retailers, as well as details of our EM/P4 wheelsets., link below:

DCC Sound Fitted Price update

Edited by Grimleygrid
Text edited
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Grimleygrid said:

CLASS 56 UPDATE - DCC SOUND FITTED PRICE

CavalexClass56(Sound)(1)L.png.dd22edc7567d38c188a677f35e302d24.png

Cavalex Models are pleased to announce that as the Class 56 project enters the production stage of the process, we can release the price of the DCC sound fitted loco - with the RRP for the DCC sound version of the model being set at £289.95. 

We would like to thank all of our potential customers for their patience over the past few months whilst the sound project has been developed. We will be contacting our retailers at the end of the month to confirm their final orders so please place your pre-order before that date to secure your models.

Please visit our website below for the full DCC Sound specification, a list of our retailers, as well as details of our EM/P4 wheelsets., link below:

DCC Sound Fitted Price update

Champion,thanks for the update,is there any sign of when the production models are due or is that still unknown,lovely job that they are.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Champion,thanks for the update,is there any sign of when the production models are due or is that still unknown,lovely job that they are.

Hoping for late summer according to their FB page

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, E100 said:

Has any front/rear artwork been presented anywhere? I'll admit I haven't looked too hard (cavalex website and a few retailers).

Front Rear Artwork? What are you looking for?