Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Just to prove they were clean once..

AF724639-3C2D-4656-AFC0-D024F11E8A0A.jpeg.d1b56e6e48c77949a8420d334b1b1711.jpeg

no not the Grid,.. the MGRs… spotless.

though if you look carefully, it looks like the leading wagon had its logo the wrong way around…

145C0507-6E7E-424A-8EE6-9F677B1A2B39.jpeg.855ab702d59f64e7844f812839968fd7.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

Just now, cairnsroadworks said:

Looking really smart. A minor query from me regarding the high intensity headlight on the large logo ones - is that the final version or also under review?

It's currently being corrected. The lens has not currently been produced as per our original CAD file.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, newbryford said:

Somehow, Cavalex managed to retrieve their 56, but not without a struggle.......

In the time that we had it, it proved to be a superbly smooth runner with great pulling power, handling 20 bogie wagons with ease up and over the hump at one end of DL.

56049.jpg.42ddededc244c78b56838003c99e4aac.jpg

Thanks Mick for letting us run 049 on Deadmans Lane, sadly I didn't get a chance to see it running.

I did wonder at one point if we would have to search your van before it left the hall!

Looks right at home on DL.

• Like 4

IMG-9498.jpg.1a40413a0238b0ce431191c06253c8e4.jpg

Our thanks to Warley Model Railway Club & Exhibition for a very enjoyable weekend at The NEC.
It was great to display our Class 56 painted samples at the show and talk about the details and features included on the forthcoming models.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to visit our stand over the weekend.
Thanks also to Richard Sulzmann and The Winchester Railway Modellers, 56008 was allocated to a local freight working on Redbridge Wharf.

• Like 16

12 hours ago, rubber duck said:

Looking superb, just a small point, should the handrails on 008 be blue, i know they were as built, but this has the later longer cab door handrail?

Regards Pete.

I'd never spotted this detail difference before. Does the tooling allow for the as-built condition without the longer handrail?

Regards,

Cameron

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

London Victoria isn’t the usual place you associate with a 56, but everyday this week 3W75 RHTT has been into platform 1 with 56081 and 69004..

Maybe this is one for me to model in the future ?

DD3CB137-B026-440B-804C-906B12C622E8.jpeg

417DF9AC-1130-40A6-A79A-5DA48A10F913.jpeg

DECE7AF6-3B87-4BC5-BAC1-2A673EFCD106.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 12
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, wairoa said:

Desperately trying to save up for one of these. They look impressive.

I'd like 56001 in B.R. blue livery. I'm going to be patient waiting for it. I'd also like a B.R. large logo blue. I'd also like the various B.R. railfreight triple grey liveried versions, as well as, load haul and transrail. A sneaky civil engineers liveried version will do as well. Obviously covering the different build versions. Railfreight grey will do as well.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

I'd like 56001 in B.R. blue livery. I'm going to be patient waiting for it. I'd also like a B.R. large logo blue. I'd also like the various B.R. railfreight triple grey liveried versions, as well as, load haul and transrail. A sneaky civil engineers liveried version will do as well. Obviously covering the different build versions. Railfreight grey will do as well.

Why was I left thinking “What did the Romans do for us” after reading that?

Roy

• Funny 5

On 29/11/2022 at 09:25, rubber duck said:

Looking superb, just a small point, should the handrails on 008 be blue, i know they were as built, but this has the later longer cab door handrail?

Regards Pete.

Good morning Pete,

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

56008 will have the shorter as built handrails and painted blue on the final models.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Looking forward to seeing these up close at the DEFine Modellers day on the 7th Jan at Risley. 
Regards. 
Bill. 

We’re hoping to have some EM/P4 wheelsets by then as well so hopefully we’ll be able to run them!

Kind regards,

Will

Edited by Southwich
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Why was I left thinking “What did the Romans do for us” after reading that?

Roy

I read that as what did the Romanians do for us when I first saw it, had my head in 56's too long I think. 🤣

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

A quick question from a non-Class 56 expert. Can the CM - 56023 - TGCS model of 023 in Coal livery be renumbered back to 013? I am guessing it can as it is from the same Romanian batch, but not I'm not too well up on the detail differences other than what is described on the Cavalex website and in this thread. 013 was the first 56 that I ever saw passing through Peak Forest in May 1991, when believed to be running light from Earle's Sidings, Hope to Buxton, possibly for refueling as low on fuel. It would have worked in to Earle's with a loaded coal train for the cement and works.

Cheers Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, WCML100 said:

Some livery suggestions for the next run!

All I'd love to see and each having slightly different cab end features too! (I'd buy one of each!) 😃

56301 Greenford

56 103 Passing Greenford

56312 Greenford

Hi we can do the fertis liveried loco however we cannot do the cutaway buffer beam as yet as that would be a further cab tooling on top of the 4 that we have tooled already. We considered it at the beginning, however it's a very small number of locos for the extra investment at this stage. Maybe further down the line we will add it as an option.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 minutes ago, pharrc20 said:

A quick question from a non-Class 56 expert. Can the CM - 56023 - TGCS model of 023 in Coal livery be renumbered back to 013? I am guessing it can as it is from the same Romanian batch, but not I'm not too well up on the detail differences other than what is described on the Cavalex website and in this thread. 013 was the first 56 that I ever saw passing through Peak Forest in May 1991, when believed to be running light from Earle's Sidings, Hope to Buxton, possibly for refueling as low on fuel. It would have worked in to Earle's with a loaded coal train for the cement and works.

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul, 023 & 013 were very similar so renumbering should be fine for those two locos.

There are many many small differences between the class 56 locos though so if anyone is looking to renumber any of the locos that we do, I would suggest a good old Google fest in order to ensure that the details all match your intended loco. We have gone to the nth degree to ensure that each numbered loco that we produce has exactly the correct details for that loco in the livery and period of the model.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RBE said:

Hi Paul, 023 & 013 were very similar so renumbering should be fine for those two locos.

There are many many small differences between the class 56 locos though so if anyone is looking to renumber any of the locos that we do, I would suggest a good old Google fest in order to ensure that the details all match your intended loco. We have gone to the nth degree to ensure that each numbered loco that we produce has exactly the correct details for that loco in the livery and period of the model.

Thanks for confirming, no problem in doing the numbers and wotnot. Had a good look on Flickr and couldn't see any differences between 023 and 013 so thought hmm.

Cheers Paul

• Like 1