Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

5 minutes ago, pharrc20 said:

Thanks for confirming, no problem in doing the numbers and wotnot. Had a good look on Flickr and couldn't see any differences between 023 and 013 so thought hmm.

Cheers Paul

Yeah you are good I think.

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2022 at 09:06, Grimleygrid said:

Good morning Pete,

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

56008 will have the shorter as built handrails and painted blue on the final models.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the clarification, good to know, had number 8 on order from Day 1 so very much looking forward to it.....

• Round of applause 1

9 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Any further word on the sound fitted versions?  Was hoping we might have heard something at Warley.

Are you talking about price? The file is still not complete so final pricing is still not confirmed, however we are expecting it to be approx £100 on top of the DCC ready price.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Cavalex Class 56s in action

Livery samples of 56008 in B.R. Blue and 56049 in Colas Railfreight were given a chance to stretch their legs at last month’s Warley Show. We wanted to share some video clips of both locomotives in action.

56049 running on Deadmans Lane thanks to Mick Bryan.

56008 working on Redbridge Wharf thanks to Richard Sulzmann and The Winchester Railway Modellers.

More video clips can be found on our YouTube channel, link below:

Cavalex Models' YouTube Channel

• Like 16

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

The samples are looking great, do you have any idea how much the sound editions will cost, still showing TBA in all the places I can find them  ? :) 

The final price is not confirmed yet however we are anticipating approx. £290. We are expecting confirmation in the new year. You are able to pre-order sound fitted locos via our retailers though currently by informing them on your order.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Thanks for clarifying that - whilst the Cavalex site says buy it from a retailer, Rails still says Deposit £30 and price as To Be Confirmed.

I might go for an original Romanian Blue (sounds like it's a parrot!), but no way am I ordering from them till they do quote a price!

I have just looked on Rails site and the price is visible unless looking at the sound version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RBE said:

A few pictures taken today at the DEFine event showing our new Cavalex Models class 56 at work on Boston Frodsham. This was the locos first run in P4 and it all went without a hitch following a rapid conversion with our drop in wheelsets in 5 or so minutes at the beginning of the show. The model is one of our painted samples with final finesse tweaks still to do before release.

IMG_20230107_200908.jpg.876affb064946cbd17e0cd065de518a0.jpg

IMG_20230107_194759.jpg.e66567d9adf0a8c0ea157a3a4d865398.jpg

IMG_20230107_193714.jpg.73bd0fe422c24bcbc79d734ab2fb64d5.jpg

Looks at home there

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Looks absolutely stunning on Boston Frodsham! Great to see you and the Cavalex team today! 
Regards. 
Bill. 

Thanks Bill to you and The Define team for a very enjoyable day and lots of tea!

56008 looked incredible running on Boston Frodsham, thanks to Mike and his team for giving it a run out.

There is something about 008, I cannot put my finger on it, it just oozes Gridness!

I can see me getting a few of these for my layout!

Thanks again for organising the event and inviting us.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Thanks Bill to you and The Define team for a very enjoyable day and lots of tea!

56008 looked incredible running on Boston Frodsham, thanks to Mike and his team for giving it a run out.

There is something about 008, I cannot put my finger on it, it just oozes Gridness!

I can see me getting a few of these for my layout!

Thanks again for organising the event and inviting us.

That will be the soft squishy big greasy buffers!

• Like 1

Looks brilliant !

I always think a high quality product looks even better with a high quality background as this is .

Really trying to justify one on my next BR blue plank, but I guess in 82 they were all about block trains 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

They capture the look of the locos very well, though there looks to be some visible seam lines on the cab front and window pillar. Is this an area that will improve in the production batch?

Yes these are first decorated samples for us to assess paint colours and finish. We have sent our feedback to the factory after receiving these and visible seams are one of the things pointed out. The factory will endeavour to minimise the effect of any seams.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1