Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

Nope it didn't .....................

and as one of those who showed faith by ordering and PAYING as soon as it was possible too, I am REALLY REALLY disappointed. 

Edited by Southernman46
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

It did not, and it really is not good enough. We sincerely apologise for this as we were short staffed yesterday. Every effort is being made to get it all done and finished today. 

Apologies once again.

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

On 27/05/2023 at 15:18, AY Mod said:

Absolutely. If you see any Facebook posts about Siphons people have received you'll find comments where customers haven't had their 37s crying (that haven't even landed yet). Fulfillment doesn't work on the basis of who's tossing their teddies furthest.

100% agreed, which was why I was very careful in the way I worded my post on the matter. 
Things can go wrong with computer systems and it would be easy to assume that, having pinged money off into the ether months or even years ago that when folk are receiving things having only parted with the beer tokens 48 hours ago that your (significantly earlier) order might have slipped through the cracks?
It isn’t “panic” as some would suggest, just a desire that you don’t miss out on a high-demand product through a (potential) admin error.

Incidentally, mine have now arrived and look superb. I’m both very impressed and satisfied.

The one criticism I would offer that, in reality, isn’t really a criticism at all; this is the only Accurascale product that I have purchased that won’t go around R1 curves out of the box. Yes, I know they don’t advertise them as suitable as such hence why this isn’t a criticism in the true sense of the word, but I do like to test everything. Plenty of us are still silly enough to use R1 for “off scene” sections of trackwork. Even the big lump that is their deltic will go around R1 slowly.
Not the siphons though. Best guess? Whilst the ones I have will physically roll around the curve, brake rodding touches wheel sets and creates a short.
To reiterate and for the sake of clarity, this isn’t a whinge on my part. “Product doesn’t do something it wasn’t designed to do” is not a legitimate gripe. 👍

Cheers, 

Sloth. 

Edited by Super-Sloth
Sausage fingers!
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

Things can go wrong with computer systems and it would be easy to assume that, having pinged money off into the ether months or even years ago that when folk are receiving things having only parted with the beer tokens 48 hours ago that your (significantly earlier) order might have slipped through the cracks?
It isn’t “panic” as some would suggest, just a desire that you don’t miss out on a high-demand product through a (potential) admin error.

Sloth. 

This is a great post - that has summarized it very nicely 👍.

It's not about teddies or a an attempt to decry  AS, etc ........  Been burnt before on pre-order mistakes (not with AS I hasten to add). Missing out with an apology and a refund are a poor substitute for plastic in hand. (1st World problem I appreciate in the current climate).

I get enough of that experience each time I have to apply for Delay Repay due another SWML debacle and a train not being where it should be.

Anyway I feel I've said enough on the subject. In hope - Boxed as new L305353W or L305354a anyone ?

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It did not, and it really is not good enough. We sincerely apologise for this as we were short staffed yesterday. Every effort is being made to get it all done and finished today. 

Apologies once again.

Fran 

Got my email to say it's on its way 2 hours ago. Really looking forward to them arriving. 

Edited by Dvt Dweller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, GraemeWatson said:

A few of the NNV variants have turned up to work Newspaper duties on Beasley Street. 

As I unboxed these, and the first time seeing them in flesh, they felt worthy of a standing ovation. 

Top marks Accurascale!

IMG_20230530_205958~2.jpg

IMG_20230530_205623~2.jpg

That looks superb - I will be hoping to replicate that train but with earlier versions of blue siphon. However, I feel I should point out - in case its matters to someone - that the overhaul date painted on both "Newspapers" versions of the Dia. O62r NNV is S.P. 1/82, which is after the Westerns were withdrawn.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

That looks superb - I will be hoping to replicate that train but with earlier versions of blue siphon. However, I feel I should point out - in case its matters to someone - that the overhaul date painted on both "Newspapers" versions of the Dia. O62r NNV is S.P. 1/82, which is after the Westerns were withdrawn.

You are absolutely correct and right to point this out. 

I was actually aware of this, ironically enough. It's even described in the Accurascale paperwork that comes with the product with typical traction allocation information if I recall correctly.

• RMweb Premium

Can somebody explain who "Tradesupply, Birmingham" are?

Having never heard the name I was suspicious of the e-mail from them saying DHL were to deliver to me a parcel from them.

However the delivery number was the same as on the Accurascale e-mail, so I guessed it might be linked.

EDIT

I've just looked them up, they provide (amongst other services) logistics services and the Head Office is in Birmingham.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Having never heard the name I was suspicious of the e-mail from them saying DHL were to deliver to me a parcel from them.

However the delivery number was the same as on the Accurascale e-mail, so I guessed it might be linked.

Had the same today. If you put the shipment number into the DHL site it should give the expected delivery date.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, melmerby said:

EDIT

I've just looked them up, they provide (amongst other services) logistics services and the Head Office is in Birmingham.

They seem to be a subcontractor of DHL and deliver all over the West Midlands. They delivered mine and left it in my porch with no signature required.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, melmerby said:

EDIT

Would you mind forwarding the email to support@accurascale.com or sending a private message? That’s a new one on us!

10 minutes ago, McC said:

Would you mind forwarding the email to support@accurascale.com or sending a private message? That’s a new one on us!

Patrick. 
all my recent parcels have been delivered following the same 'Trade Supply' email. Plain courier van not DHL. 

If you, as a company, are paying DHL delivery and they are contracting this out at a cheaper rate, then this might need looking into as you are paying far too much potentially !

i suppose their argument may be that they have the right to do this dependant on demand etc. 

Edited by Krieghoff

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, McC said:

I have got emails from TradeSupply for my last few Accurascale orders although, funnily enough, not my three Siphon Gs that arrived today, I did however for my two Siphon Gs that arrived last week. 

Edit: having seen @Krieghoff’s post, despite the email from TradeSupply, the delivery to my house was via a DHL vinyled van. At the end of the day, TradeSupply seem to delivering ok to me, so is there an issue?

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

My Tradesupply courier driver was wearing a gillet branded DHL in a plain white van.

Same here but it could be Steptoe's cart for all I care as long as he gets here before the weekend.

mail-dog.gif

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just echoing what others are saying my 37 and Siphon according to the email notifications were dispatched from Tradesupply Birmingham, looking further back my 92 and Mk5 sleepers came from International Logistics Group. 

Screenshot is the notification for the delivery of the Siphon

IMG_0402.jpeg