Revolution Trains announce Class 175 'Coradia' and Class 180 'Adelante' DMUs in N & OO Gauge.

AY Mod

59 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Can you put them in separate orders please. 

Cheers

Mike B

Just to clarify, does that also apply for e.g. an order for a 175/0 and 175/1 in the same livery, or can they be in a single order?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, CazRail said:

Just to clarify, does that also apply for e.g. an order for a 175/0 and 175/1 in the same livery, or can they be in a single order?

Thanks

As far as I’m aware, an order for the same product can go on to the same order. Mike H is on annual leave at the moment but I will check and confirm that I have given everyone the correct information. 

Cheers

Mike B

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just double checked with Mike H, and as we are producing the 175 and 180 at the same time from the same factory, it is possible to add them to the same order. 

However, any additional orders at the same time, say for example the Class 18, would need to go on a separate order.

We are just waiting for the updated CAD revisions and as soon as we’re happy with them, we’ll be able to open the order book.

Cheers

Mike B  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

Order books now open for the 00 Class 175!

Placed mine for a 3 car ATW unit. Nice trains, sadly doomed, hope at least one gets preserved. Comfy roomy, fast. Fond memories of my commuting days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

No First 'Barbie' livery option for the 4mm 180s? Or has it just not been added yet?

Same with the 175s, hopefully they'll be available at some point. 

Some ATW versions in the bag though!

• Like 1

Anyone from Revolution, now they are open to order I have a couple of questions.

DCC sound: who's decoder do you intend to use?

I presume it's 1 decoder for the whole unit with powere going through couplers to the other end?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, georgeds said:

I am unable to place a pre order as it says no shipping options are available. I've tried both home and office addresses.

This was mentioned on Facebook. Apparently they've fixed it. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

DCC sound: who's decoder do you intend to use?

I presume it's 1 decoder for the whole unit with powere going through couplers to the other end?

Hi Tom

They will be ESU decoders with our custom sounds. 

Correct one decoder with electrical couplers. 

best wishes

Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

No First 'Barbie' livery option for the 4mm 180s? Or has it just not been added yet?

No, as per the section on missing liveries on our News item: https://revolutiontrains.com/class-175-and-180-in-oo-4mm-available-to-pre-order-now/

We’re asking for no commitment expressions of interest on FNW (175 and 180) and EMR (180) liveries as we’re not sure if they’re viable or not. If enough people let us know through the form on our website we will offer them!

cheers Mike

• Thanks 3

Just now, Revolution Mike said:

No, as per the section on missing liveries on our News item: https://revolutiontrains.com/class-175-and-180-in-oo-4mm-available-to-pre-order-now/

Thanks Mike, I'd gone straight to the pre-order pages after the posts on here and missed the news article with this info.
Will submit my EOI now, keeping fingers crossed that others are also interested, as this was the livery I remember them in when I was travelling on them every week!

• Like 2

Hi Ben & Mike,

I’ve submitted an EOI for the 175’s in FNW livery just as I remember travelling on them. I wasn’t sure from the form if this would be a 2 or 3 car set so only put 2. If both are are offered I would have a pair of 2 car and a pair of 3 car as they really do fill a missing gap for the period I want y to I model. 

Thanks

Mark

For everyone else please get your expressions of interest in so we get a 175 in FNW livery please. 

• Agree 4

I've also put my expression of interest in the FNW 175s, aswell as a FGW barbie 180. Apart from a few other bits and bobs, these are the missing link in my roster! Funnily enough I thought these might have been most popular!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

Hi Tom

They will be ESU decoders with our custom sounds. 

Correct one decoder with electrical couplers. 

best wishes

Mike

In that case I expect I'll be getting sound! Cheers. 

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to ordering some FNW 175s, but I've seen they're only up for expression of interest, so I've done that instead.

Just a couple of observations and queries...

• On the news article on the Revolution website, it asks for expressions of interest for the currently non-orderable liveries by 31st August, but when you click on the link to provide the expression of interest, it says submissions must be by 31st July
  • Expression of interest page doesn't let you differentiate between 2 and 3 car class 175s. Might not be that important, but for ref., I'd like 2 x 2-car 175s and 1 x 3-car 175, all in FNW
  • Because the expression of interest for the non-orderable liveries doesn't close until after the early bird discount period for the other liveries, if any of the currently non-orderable liveries goes ahead, will they only be available at the full price and not with the early bird discount?

Finger's crossed the FNW 175s get the go-ahead - surprised they've not been too popular in N.

All the best with the model!

Edited by VXDH92
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

The conflicting dates was my fault - I couldn’t decide what was a reasonable deadline (I’ll edit one of them) but the crucial point is there is no need to delay expressing interest (so thank you!) - as soon as we get enough interest in any livery we will get it on sale. 

The split between 2 and 3 car units doesn’t matter - the MoQ is on the base livery rather than the individual units. 

Early bird on undecided liveries - to be decided. It’s tricky - we would like to reward people for ordering early without creating many different deadlines - I’m sure we will figure something out. 

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 2