The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, richard_t said:

Again out of era for me, like my wish list for 37501/502 in their original guise, but I'm hovering over the purchase now button ...

But will you be doing P4 wheelsets?

Thanks

We will be offering drop in P4 and EM for the 31 and 37

Two ordered.

IC Exec livery

Current Condition livery.

Absolutely fantastic news that this is going ahead. I remember seeing these in their day. Another worthy addition to the growing range of Accurascale Locomotives.

A suggestion if i may.........perhaps a limited edition set of loco and coaches ??

Worth a try..

Edited by Krieghoff
Amended from Diesel to electric, what a plonker
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, richard_t said:

Again out of era for me, like my wish list for 37501/502 in their original guise, but I'm hovering over the purchase now button ...

But will you be doing P4 wheelsets?

Thanks

👍, im sure they will

• Like 1

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!! 💰

Been wanting a model of a class 89 for a long time. I have a poor quality resin body that has been cluttering my cupboard for many years. Don't need it anymore. 

The photos look fantastic. (Should that be frantastic) 

I'm very happy and placed my order as soon as I got the email from Rails earlier.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well done Accurascale and Rails. Since a group of Irish lads attended Rails Gala reopening just over four years ago the partnership has come a long way. So….yet another visit to Barrow Hill….which is just down the road from. Chesterfield Road anyway. Our heads and bank balances  are spinning with the pace of it all. Bravo !  But not forgetting the excellent Yorkshire canny grit of the Barber family too …

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, big jim said:

Lovely, definatly one to get pre-ordered, remember seeing it a few times in crewe back when it was new and on test 

crewestation6.jpg

crewestation5.jpg 

Did you really need to post that?  Now I have to buy one..!

5 mins later, there bought it.   Now what about that class 40? 

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Well done Accurascale and Rails. Since a group of Irish lads attended Rails Gala reopening just over four years ago the partnership has come a long way. So….yet another visit to Barrow Hill….which is just down the road from. Chesterfield Road anyway. Our heads and bank balances  are spinning with the pace of it all. Bravo !  But not forgetting the excellent Yorkshire canny grit of the Barber family too …

Thanks Ian! We were unable to get over for the recent open day, but John and the gang took us on a tour of the new warehouse when we were over for the 89 video last month. It's unbelievably impressive. 

We also had a great night out!

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I was about to say, “That’s another gap closed.” It isn’t though. In between the 87 and 89 there is a very noticeable gap.

Well, between 80* and 85 there are four gaps left to fill...

* Rails have announced the rebuilt "Kerosene Castle II" as E1000/E2001 which was technically Class 80.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

Well, between 80* and 85 there are four gaps left to fill...

* Rails have announced the rebuilt "Kerosene Castle II" as E1000/E2001 which was technically Class 80.

Yes indeed. Not to mention the Lecky 70s.

• Agree 1

I'm delighted that this project has been given the go ahead. I had eagerly been awaiting news since this was first proposed back in 2020. 😍

I’m a sucker for anything in InterCity Swallow livery and so it’s highly likely that I will order one of these.

Just as a bit of interesting info, a friend and fellow volunteer at the GWSR worked on the ‘Badger’ project. He has just told me the following:

“My first project at Brush as a newly qualified Engineer, just four of us designed the whole bogie from scratch, no CAD in those days, all drawn up on the drawing boards, no computers, all the stress calcs carried out by hand... by me !?! We at Brush and British Rail affectionately knew it as the Aardvark”

Edited by AForce
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Great news.

Can I be the first pain in the proverbial to request the pans be available as spares to replace those on my inferior (basically anything non-Accurascale) AC electrics!?😛

I think the 89 pans are more similar to the BW pans on 86s, 87s etc. than what the class 92 pans are, so would be a very useful spare.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1