RMweb

Bachmann Summer 2023 speculation

nightstar.train

2 hours ago, HighPeak45 said:

Whatever it is it will be far to expensive for the average modeller. 

I'm an average modeller and I can afford Bachmann's prices

I'm pretty sure all those on the AS 37 thread that are buying multiple loco's are average modellers and can well afford Bachmann's prices

This hobby is only as expensive as you want it to be

Prices are what they are, no amount of moaning will do anything about it

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Given that a magazine commission of 40145 has been announced. I wonder will we see more 40s? 40145 has been announced with upgraded DCC. There have been some tooling changes for a headlight but I do not think it is a full retool as per the 37.

As always I am holding out for more 2Fs in blue grey or maybe 2Es and as usual a 3 car 116 or 3 car 205. I live in hope 😀

Edited by BR Blue
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Yeah given that the Hornby Mag 40   40145 is expected over the summer they will have piggy backed on a production run . I expect we can expect to see some 40s announced . Looks like some sort of upgrade on previous model but not a full blown new model as with 47 and 37.  Upgraded price though (the limited edition is £229.95 DCC ready and £329.95 with sound)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, HighPeak45 said:

Whatever it is it will be far to expensive for the average modeller. 

Hopefully the competition with the Class 37 will help bring Bachmann’s prices down to more sensible levels, without having to search for a bargain. I’ve ordered several of the other ones, but only have 1 of the new Bachmann ones.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 97406 said:

Hopefully the competition with the Class 37 will help bring Bachmann’s prices down to more sensible levels, without having to search for a bargain. I’ve ordered several of the other ones, but only have 1 of the new Bachmann ones.

Or, perhaps some of us do not mind paying for an increased degree of accuracy?! ;)

On speculation matters...

I am hoping for some 37/4s in DRS Compass next week! A Wessex Trains 150 or 158 before I am dead would be nice too. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Still waiting for a large logo scottish 47/4.

A Strathclyde class 101 would be nice.

A re-run of the scotrail dbso which I foolishly sold a few years ago, come on Bachmann get yer fingers out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Type 2 said:

I'm an average modeller and I can afford Bachmann's prices

I'm pretty sure all those on the AS 37 thread that are buying multiple loco's are average modellers and can well afford Bachmann's prices

This hobby is only as expensive as you want it to be

Prices are what they are, no amount of moaning will do anything about it

I class myself as an average modeller too. I have several AS 37's on order as well as a couple of Bachmann 37's. Its all relative......you cut your cloth accordingly. Must admit though, the AS pricepoints are superb and if they can do it then they all can 👍

what a great hobby we have with all these fantastically detailed locomotives. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 159220 said:

Or, perhaps some of us do not mind paying for an increased degree of accuracy?! ;)

I purchased  Laserglaze and used some yellow acrylic to ease the seam. Some snow ploughs and beefing up the sound next. It's a lovely model but there is still a fair amount that needs doing to it to get it right.

image.png.4b95765629ba465f01fd05ff4834b4e9.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, 97406 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for Bachmann to reduce their prices, I know the did slightly with the 66, but that was older tooling that had most probably paid for itself.   Larger, more established companies have larger, historical  overheads than the likes of Accurascale, Cavalex etc etc.  Even in Bachmann's core market, the US, their most recent highly detailed loco's are highly priced.

I must say, I like that you don't hold back on your repaints and detailing on brand new models, to me that is what modelling is all about.  Too many people endlessly comment hoping that X will produce loco X in X livery rather than learn the skills to produce their own.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Type 2 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for Bachmann to reduce their prices, I know the did slightly with the 66, but that was older tooling that had most probably paid for itself.   Larger, more established companies have larger, historical  overheads than the likes of Accurascale, Cavalex etc etc.  Even in Bachmann's core market, the US, their most recent highly detailed loco's are highly priced.

I must say, I like that you don't hold back on your repaints and detailing on brand new models, to me that is what modelling is all about.  Too many people endlessly comment hoping that X will produce loco X in X livery rather than learn the skills to produce their own.

I think if you keep your eyes peeled then bargains do appear. I'm after the new RFD 37 to go with the Accurascale one but I will happily wait. Having Said that if Bachmann were to update their 40 then I would be a very poor man indeed! 😃

I do love tweaking RTR locos as I'm trying to recreate the good old days when I spent a lot of my spare time wandering around depots admiring the traction. It took a lot of psyching up to work on the Bachmann 37, and I managed to lose a lamp bracket in the process. There is a lot more at stake working on a £250-£350 loco rather than a  £100-odd loco.

• Friendly/supportive 2