Clark Railworks 4mm OO WD Austerity 2-10-0

Chris-ECT

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Ellis Clark on this model - we wish them every success with the project!👍

Within The 00 Wishlist Poll, the class has been in The Top 50 from the start.

In 2022 - the most recent poll - the class came in at overall position 18th.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Oh la la.... another huge announcement. Guess we will see a V4 announced by the weekend too....

Which to choose? The S-100, the U1 or this???? This has been higher on my list than the others so....

(Actually I want all 3 but....)

EDIT: And Dame Vera Lynn wins.... DCC sound order straight in. A no brainer.

Well done Clark Railworks.

Only suggestion could be, maybe DCC smoke version as well.....

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 4

Yes. Yes and Yes. 

This is a "Biggie" for me being a huge postwar era ScR staple.

A bold choice for E&C but a really solid one. South of the Solway, it's bound to be popular because of the Longmoor and preservation connections too so I definitely wish well for this product.

Well worth the money for the spec although I did originally read part of it as 'manganese cylinder liners'! 🤣

Bravo, Ellis and Clark. Anybody with a likeable wee dug as part of their corporate image deserves success. 😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Michael Delamar said:

Ordered 90763 as it visited the location I am modelling.

Interested to know about the axles as mine will be converted to EM.

Hi Michael, our weathering and repairs guy is an EM modeller and as such has had an input into the design and mech side of the model. The axles are spec'd at 3mm to allow Alan Gibson or similar to be fitted in place. Neil will be converting one of the pre-production samples as and when they start to arrive. Hope this helps? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Round of applause 3

Duly ordered a ‘Gordon’. All I ask is that they given it a couple of years before they release a model of ‘Kitchener’. 

I'm surprised that this wasn’t snapped up by Bachmann, the tooling wouldn’t have been a huge upgrade from their 2-8-0 version.

There aren’t many big LMR engines left to be released now, by my estimate the half dozen 8Fs are the only ones not yet done in RTR yet. If Hornby redo the 8F next year I’d be amazed if the LMR wasn’t considered- they could do a multipack with a model of Caen and call it ‘Little and Large’…

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chris-ECT said:

Hi Michael, our weathering and repairs guy is an EM modeller and as such has had an input into the design and mech side of the model. The axles are spec'd at 3mm to allow Alan Gibson or similar to be fitted in place. Neil will be converting one of the pre-production samples as and when they start to arrive. Hope this helps? 

Thank you.

Here is 90763 on Walton shed Liverpool which I will recreate.

IMG_7800.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Chris-ECT said:

Aren't Gibson OO and EM wheels the same though, just with alternative axle lengths?  If so I would hope that a conversion to EM wouldn't need new wheels, just longer axles. 

Perhaps complicated by the wheel/axle interface - I think some wheels might now come on stub axles? 

Apologies if any of this wrong!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Michael Delamar said:

Thank you.

Here is 90763 on Walton shed Liverpool which I will recreate.

IMG_7800.jpeg

A stationary loco left unattended in Liverpool? 😲

It's a good job that steam locos don't have hubcaps. 😉😂🤣

Edited by Phatbob
Typo.
  • Funny 4

This promises to be a fantastic model!!

Must admit I've pre-ordered a predictable option - Gordon of course.

I just thought something so relatively different and waited for needed to stand out a little - my loco.

Fantastic surprise for me today - never saw this one coming!

Al.

• Like 2

A wise and oft-requested choice, plenty of appealing names and liveries which is rather ironic considering these were designed for wartime grunt work!

If I'm honest though, the first thing that caught my eye was the price. £295 - certainly enough to make a budget conscious modeller think twice.

However, if that price reflects in the quality of the model- and I'm sure it will- this could be one of the finest RTR OO gauge models ever manufactured.

• Like 3