57xx Pannier Tank Family, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, I have 6  earlier panniers (plus 2 x 64xx and 1 x 97xx condensing) and was thinking that the Baccy model wasn't that bad.  However, at £139.99 a pop am tepmted but fortunately for my wallet there's 'nothing in it for me' in the first wave of livery/numbers.  Phew!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

What a tease . Stands in front of a 8F and says "without further ado"  .............and pans left onto a pannier !  From excitement to disappointment in one pan !   Still, while probably not for me , there were lots of people been crying out for a new 57xx, so I'm sure it'll be a success .  Wishing you all the best with it guys .  Less teasing next time please !

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 minute ago, rorz101uk said:

As a laugh can you put one in “Duck” livery 🫣

I was hoping a BR green lined but I don’t know if these carried it? 

There is a GWR Green with BRITISH RAILWAYS version on their site which must be fairly unique.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Very good news, going to take a bit of repainting / rebranding to get the variants I want in late 40s condition, but thats to be expected.  It will certainly be a lot easier changing some lettering on the tanks than removing the topfeed and adding all those rivets to the side!

Look forward to seeing the models at the weekend.   

Out of interest, how do you go about using your AS credit balance to buy a loco thats on preorder?

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Purves said:

5741 is duck!

Which was the number provided in the K's Kit. 1436 was Oliver which was also the number provided with the K's 14XX. I think they are the only regular characters that are given their proper numbers as I think at the time he wanted to make a proper model railway rather than a fictional one.

The original Gaiety Duck didn't seem to have a number, can't see one on any of the old photos. But by the time it was in the books that model had been replaced by the K's Kit.

Jason

• Like 1