57xx Pannier Tank Family, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Out of interest, how do you go about using your AS credit balance to buy a loco thats on preorder?

Click into your account, then click Rewards, then click Redeem.

Decide how many points to use, click Redeem, and the system will put in a discount code for that amount in to the checkout for you.

For 'no money down' preorders, it will reduce the balance due, when the model arrives and will confirm same when checking out.

Any questions, just hit the speech bubble bottom right on the screen to chat with us in real time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Legend said:

What a tease . Stands in front of a 8F and says "without further ado"  .............and pans left onto a pannier !  From excitement to disappointment in one pan !   Still, while probably not for me , there were lots of people been crying out for a new 57xx, so I'm sure it'll be a success .  Wishing you all the best with it guys .  Less teasing next time please !

That was me too! Straight from 'YES!' to 'oh - how's this going to fit in?',.

But no worries, where there's a will there's a way, certainly more useful to me than a J69 :)

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

Good morning Accurascale,

Woohoo!

I have 2 Bachmann 8750s and 2 reworked Hornby 8750s but am going to order a 57xx for my BR WR collection. These I will keep, along with my Bachmann 64xx, 94xx and Rapido 15xx.

Just got to decide which one🤔

Edit: Looks like it will be 7714 ordered, but renumbered to one further South than Birkenhead. Just a little bit of checking of BR allocation info to do.

Cheers, Nigel.

Edited by GMKAT7
Added info about loco choice.
  • Like 2

@Accurascale Fran.  Great, but give us a chance to pay for our WR 37s first please.......   :-(.  I can just imagine SWMBO's reaction...

how about a 64 without top feed.... :-).  

or that Stanier 2-6-2T we talked about at the Bangor show...  

regards Philip

- now trying to work out how to squeeze more money out of the bank.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

What a wonderful choice Accurascale! I predicted this to friends as it’s a loco with a massive amount of detail variations which fits the AS modus operandi perfectly. Not our prime modelling period but cannot see how we won’t end up with a few…. How about 8718 the last ex GW loco to appear at Worcester and the last surviving small cab 57xx in BR ownership … 1966. Also an SVR regular. 

Millionaires shortbread all round…. Bye Bye Bacchy 57 xx 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, McC said:

Click into your account, then click Rewards, then click Redeem.

Decide how many points to use, click Redeem, and the system will put in a discount code for that amount in to the checkout for you.

For 'no money down' preorders, it will reduce the balance due, when the model arrives and will confirm same when checking out.

Thanks, research prototypes over lunch and then will get the first one ordered while I debate a second! 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Hearty congratulations Accurascale and a huge thank you for your continued engagement with your customer base. I can now stop hacking my old panniers to remove top feeds and look forward to the high fidelity Accurascale RTR Pannier models in the not too distant future.

Best,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Lovely announcement.

Can one hope for a preserved condition GWR one, and/or a Preserved LT loco (hint L95 has run in both LT and Preservation in almost the same condition, aside from Vacuum pipes)?

And while you are getting licenses for the LT livery, you might as well get the various Class 66 lined up as well!

I feel a little sorry for Bachmann here, given that the Pannier has been such a staple for them since Mainline days, however they had plenty of chances to retool it, but instead went with more obscure variants. You snooze you loose!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Bloody damn good.....an arrival of Q1 2025 should be just about spot on for the commencing of a new layout....

Rob

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2