Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Edge said:

He's blaming this Chelmsford entry on one of my "friends". Perhaps this was a good idea but it's just muddying the waters at the moment, he has promised to get it back to me after I pay a ransom of £25 for it which I have agreed to. If I spend much more time on this I would have been able to build another one....

Thanks again to all for your efforts with this.

Have ended it now. Glad you are getting it back, shame you will be out of pocket for it.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MossdaleNGauge said:

He should put it on EBay as a Private listing, no one will see it without a link to it

Let's face, he should just send the bloody thing back, (as he should have done at the very beginning), can't all be worth the bad publicity he has had?

Mike.

• Agree 11

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Let's face, he should just send the bloody thing back, (as he should have done at the very beginning), can't all be worth the bad publicity he has had?

Mike.

All he's doing by listing it on the 'bay is losing some money in fees to return it to it's legal owner

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, polybear said:

All he's doing by listing it on the 'bay is losing some money in fees to return it to it's legal owner

but he’s also making £25 (less fees) from the rightful owner by making him pay for the privilege of getting his own property back! 

Edited by big jim
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, big jim said:

but he’s also making £25 (less fees) from the rightful owner by making him pay for the privilege of getting his own property back! 

True, but there are other ways to do that without going thru' the 'bay.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

Well I’ve paid the ransom now, it should be back with me by next week. It leaves a nasty taste but I’ll say no more for now.

Little solace I know, but at least you can be assured that several of his potential customers on here will not touch him with the proverbial barge pole. 

Roy

• Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Well I’ve paid the ransom now, it should be back with me by next week. It leaves a nasty taste but I’ll say no more for now.

Fingers crossed.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Little solace I know, but at least you can be assured that several of his potential customers on here will not touch him with the proverbial barge pole. 

Roy

Although he's a 'poor pensioner' he also has several identities for selling, I often wonder if the point of the multiple identities is to bid an item up...

Anyway hopefully we'll get back to Mikes builds now 👍

• Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

He is listed on ebay as a "business  seller". I wonder if he pays business rates on that part of his property he uses asa a warehouse for the 200+ items he has in stock? Likewise does he declare his revenue as income to the HMRC?

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Premium

Can we leave this here please, I didn't want to start a war or a witch hunt, I just wanted my loco back - I built it for myself, not for the kit display, it was going to run on Cwmafon in a pway train which is why it wasn't powered.

Unless of course it doesn't turn up.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

22 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

He's blaming this Chelmsford entry on one of my "friends". Perhaps this was a good idea but it's just muddying the waters at the moment, he has promised to get it back to me after I pay a ransom of £25 for it which I have agreed to. If I spend much more time on this I would have been able to build another one....

Have to say that humanity continues to amaze me in it's various forms. This guy knows who the rightful owner is, but is still trying to sell it back to him, whilst involving many other interested parties.

What am I missing ?

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 10/07/2023 at 14:29, Michael Edge said:

Not ideal but good news, Mike. 

Rob

• Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
On 11/07/2023 at 08:34, chris p bacon said:

Although he's a 'poor pensioner' he also has several identities for selling, I often wonder if the point of the multiple identities is to bid an item up...

Anyway hopefully we'll get back to Mikes builds now 👍

Multiple selling identities does raise alarm bells.

Glad Mike is getting his model back.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Look what turned up in the post about an hour ago

IMG_2087.jpg.b32b18e522c59f06a2b469bd2e3ce15d.jpgPWM650 back home at last, I really didn't think I'd ever see it again. No damage, lubricator drive was disconnected but still works and the DG couplings had been taken off and replaced with three links.

Thanks once again to everyone on RMweb who helped me to get this back (at the expense of paying a ransom of £25 though), I don't think I would have succeeded without your pressure on him.

Are you going to eBay it?

Just askin'

Mike.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

I really didn't think I'd ever see it again.

Nor did I after all the kerfuffle.

at the expense of paying a ransom of £25 though

We could set up a crowdfund account for you.

I don't think I would have succeeded without your pressure on him.

The least we could do.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1