Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Trying to be something it isn't:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-Gauge-Class-25-BR-Blue-Repainted-Weathered-Boxed-/162028226880?hash=item25b9a28940:g:~YUAAOSwGYVXAm2v

At least the description is fair, but why, just why?

It's better than some of the so called professional outfit's work I've seen at shows.  :mosking:

The bit about the loco being nosey amused me

• RMweb Gold

Indeed - given that the RRP of a Bachmann 2EPB is now £200+ he's certainly wasted a lot of money.  Perhaps it will appeal to those modellers who have a couple of spare blue bodies from when Bachmann produced them with the wrong numbers and handed out free replacements.

• RMweb Premium

It shouts, "READ BEFORE YOU BID".

In my case it was 'before you don't bid!' Not quite as gruesome as the 'Scotsman', but...........  :O :no: :stinker:

The 2nd photo clarifies things somewhat!

Highest Professional standards have slipped a bit then, also painting and lining to add to general poor state of the Flatiron..... nearer £29.50 than £295.....Phew.... I must have a fortune tucked away in storage of old tired models.......

Edited by bertiedog
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-Models-DS-452-Midland-Ballast-Brake-Van-Etched-Whitemetal-Kit-/111950959909?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=9ahptCTLWNOugzEUP84lzvw3PNw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not knocking the seller here, but how is it that so many buyers cannot use google. London Road Models sell the same kit for £22. 

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-Models-DS-452-Midland-Ballast-Brake-Van-Etched-Whitemetal-Kit-/111950959909?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=9ahptCTLWNOugzEUP84lzvw3PNw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not knocking the seller here, but how is it that so many buyers cannot use google. London Road Models sell the same kit for £22. 

No need to check on google (other search engines are available)

eBay is ALWAYS cheapest...........................

:no:  :no: :no:  

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

It is a strange phenomena. I was after a non-"Talisman clips" blue Dapol Western, and saw one on eBay minus a few bits that I thought would make it a possible bargain. Wrong, it went for more than you can buy them brand new.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant! Many thanks for posting this, as I'm very tempted to model this cameo scene ....

"Once upon a time, Deltic had a trip to Dawlish sea wall. The tide was in. However, Jaws was lurking, and very very hungry .... And his favourite food is Deltic marker lights .... Mmmmm ..... Tasty!"

I'm so tempted to bid, but drats .... I can't find a Jaws in OO gauge .... I'm gutted, looks like I won't be able to do this cameo!!!

Looking at the photos...in reverse order! ;)

I like the Hornby (?) black 9F Body mounted on what looks laike an old Grey Body Tri-ang Drop Side Wagon....

A few Matchbox lorries in the coal yard...

China-made Railroad (TTS Sound) Flying Scotsman. (Nice valve gear and rods!)...

Some nice Tri-ang Hornby wagons (Green R.10), and a few Hornby Railways as well (Princess Royal and Ocean)...

City Of Truro on a non-connected bit of track....I suspect the GBL connexion here! ;)

A good photo of some buffer stops...Hornby and PECO Setrack!...

Hornby LMS Coaches....Mainline Blue/ Grey Mk1s...and amongst the open wagons, a C1962 metal framed grey Tri-ang R10!

Looks like the GBL Evening Star on another un-comnected bit of track!

Hornby blue Class 29, Hornby DMU 101.  Trackside Articlated lorries in the yard...

Yes, it IS the GBL Evening Star! Also a Bachmann Vi-Trains green Type 3 (Class 37) with High Intensity Headlight...Class 153 (Hornby)....BR Lined Green 2-6-2 Ex GWR Tank Loco (Bachmann)...

All those wagons....and the sidings are not even connected to the running lines! :O Loving the "Giant" Duracell 9V Battery (maybe for the lights?)

Ahhhh Lights.... ;) And the station has moved across to the other line!

It looks better at first sight than it actually is....

5 locos, 1 DMU, several coaches, lots of assorted vintage wagons, Skaledale / Scenecraft and Ratio (Station Building?) Buildings....(Wills Engins Shed...Craftsman kit?)

DCC fitted....with controller...

(Bold items added after reading the pretty fair description....)

Edited by Sarahagain