EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Also needs to go to Specsavers as the loco quite clearly is City of Bradford and he thinks it is City of Hereford!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Also needs to go to Specsavers as the loco quite clearly is City of Bradford and he thinks it is City of Hereford!

Keith

I was waiting for someone to notice that as well! :D

• RMweb Premium

I've got it!

I'll try to strip the paint off with Nitromors. If that doesn't work properly I can always sell it as "Weathered" :jester:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Even down to the contact name, address and telephone number although he does use a different email address, probably for PayPal purposes.

There are other Ebay traders who sell under more than one name.  For example a chap who trades as Tinplatelad has also traded under at least one other name in the past and might still do.

One reason for it might be that they are the sort of folk who buy in large quantities at auction  (by that I might they spend well over £10,000 at a time buying in stock - on one occasion I heard one of the big buyers saying that his limit for that particular sale was £12,000) and with a need to shift it quickly it's advantageous to have more than one selling name as they can get more online at once in a way that will be looked at without bashing through too many pages.

Edited by The Stationmaster

And another 'kit built' r-t-r with some detailing...

On another note I'm getting hacked off with Rails. It looks as though their inflated prices (and of course those of Gosturde and his sock puppets) are pushing prices up generally. Or specifically, Dapol Terriers which I am seeking at the moment...

• RMweb Premium

No.       :no:  :no: :no:  

Certainly a rare box (if you're into such things!), but of little value without the all important label and the contents (same as the usual model, but export items usually had a screw holding the coupling rather than a rivet).

Edited by Il Grifone

Despite all the free publicity that they get on this forum, neither of the usual suspects have sold any of their MIB, Painted to a high standard kit built locos, in the last month.

Some of their items have been waiting for a buyer for over a year, many even longer.

May they continue their success

Thane of fife

Despite all the free publicity that they get on this forum, neither of the usual suspects have sold any of their MIB, Painted to a high standard kit built locos, in the last month.

Some of their items have been waiting for a buyer for over a year, many even longer.

May they continue their success

The final Estate is going to look pretty interesting on death....

And another 'kit built' r-t-r with some detailing...

On another note I'm getting hacked off with Rails. It looks as though their inflated prices (and of course those of Gosturde and his sock puppets) are pushing prices up generally. Or specifically, Dapol Terriers which I am seeking at the moment...

It may be missing a piece of glazing, and one of the front ladders is atrociously bent, but we're still going to charge through the roof for it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Hornby-R2562-BR-Standard-Class-7MT-4-6-2-Steam-Loco-70000-Britannia-/151373652780?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item233e92a32c

It may be missing a piece of glazing, and one of the front ladders is atrociously bent, but we're still going to charge through the roof for it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Hornby-R2562-BR-Standard-Class-7MT-4-6-2-Steam-Loco-70000-Britannia-/151373652780?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item233e92a32c

'The loco has been test run'.

And, is it good, bad or a lurcher? :O

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item233e92a32c

Well it was a pound less than current RRP, which covers the bit of glazing! And they did accept a 'best price', pity the price accepted is not disclosed.

Many of Rails recent second hand offers have been far worse.

Keith

• Like 1

Ok apart from the issue of people trying to pass tat off as something of quality which is well rather prevalent on Ebay!

Anyone think that especially the established stores need to give more details of the items they are selling??

I am going for DCC and there are models that are on sale that look like they are the newer models so have the space / designed to incorporate DCC, however as there is no info on it and half the sellers don't reply to questions on the item, the only way to find out is to try and research the item online which can come up with no real answer to the questions I have!

Anything else have this dilemma? And feel the same?