EBay madness

Marcyg

Or are there two different versions of r***m, confusing if it gives two bidders the same code.

Keith

Seems to me like the only possibility...

That, or they are different names but with the same beginning and ending letter and length, but the data protection system which blocks out the middle makes it look like the same...

• RMweb Gold

Seems to me like the only possibility...

That, or they are different names but with the same beginning and ending letter and length, but the data protection system which blocks out the middle makes it look like the same...

Looks like the system has thrown up the same code for two bidders as their bidding history and feedback rating is different.

• RMweb Gold

A name shortened to alphanumeric * * * alphanumeric only gives 1296 possible combinations. These must be different bidders, given that they both have different feedback scores.

• RMweb Premium

The final Estate is going to look pretty interesting on death....

Somebody is going to be very disappointed when the BIN listing prices are actually compared to the real market value..................................

Cheers,

Mic

Withdrawn as

This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken.

After a message was received pointing out he wrong contents...which should by my reckoning have been a Green "37", two Pullman Parlour cars, and a Pullman Brake Coach!

'Reserve not met'!!!  - just how much does he want for this??

He has also announced with pride that it runs perfectly and that all the bits he has removed can be included in the sale!

What on earth would you run a loco like this at the head of??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Class-50-001-Booths-Scrap-Yard-/151403687195?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item23405ced1b

He has also announced with pride that it runs perfectly and that all the bits he has removed can be included in the sale!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Class-50-001-Booths-Scrap-Yard-/151403687195?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item23405ced1b

A rake of burnt out MKI's!!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

But the smokebox/boiler handrail has been painted and the coal removed and replaced with foam

If it is the same model, then credit to fixing it up (apart from the horizontal joint line)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

It appears well done (for a change!), but what is this current mania for scrap items littering up the layout? It's not as though most of us have any spare space (or money come to that) to waste.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

The craze for over weathering items surprises me. I have always slightly weathered locos, after getting the best paint finish possible.

I spotted one "professionally weathered" loco with the loco lamps in the same condition as the loco. 

The professional painter obviously didn't know that lamps were usually removed from their lampirons at the end of a shift. 

Perhaps he was a professional house painter, and did it all with a six-inch brush.

thane of fife

• RMweb Gold

Don't try and tell us you're not tempted Mick!

Mike.