Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

• RMweb Premium

... and say that the layout looks nothing like the track plan printed in the show guide.

expect to be asked round the back for a comprehensive explanation.

I suspect that the 'comprehensive explanation' would be similar to 'whispering sweet nothings in his ear' that occaisionally is alleged to have happenned to prisoners who had failed the attitude test at work.

Jamie

I suspect that the 'comprehensive explanation' would be similar to 'whispering sweet nothings in his ear' that occaisionally is alleged to have happenned to prisoners who had failed the attitude test at work.

Jamie

actually I was thinking more along the lines of

stock-illustration-12120795-cartoon-cave

I went to an exhibition fairly recently and saw an "as seen one Rmweb" on a layout, and my wife said something like "isn't that the forum you use", a chat and an exchange of usernames was made and the temperature lowered several degrees in that corner of the room, it would appear I offended someone!

Awesome!

• Like 2

I went to an exhibition fairly recently and saw an "as seen one Rmweb" on a layout, and my wife said something like "isn't that the forum you use", a chat and an exchange of usernames was made and the temperature lowered several degrees in that corner of the room, it would appear I offended someone!

Awesome!

It's that last word that made it for me

• RMweb Premium

So Stoke Summit was using blue diesels - turn up with a C& O E8 Co-Co with a Wolverhampton coupling on it and run it round the layout.....with a train that goes all the way round the layout...

if you don't believe me ask Tony Wright.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I travelled on an awful lot of steam trains in the early 1960s where I was almost the only passenger!!

I'm guessing that was due to lack of other passengers, rather than any personal hygiene issue ? 

• RMweb Gold

Some years back I politely asked an exhibitor which suspension system he was using on his P4 22xx.

He looked down his nose at me and just said 'That is a Martin Finney kit'  (so he failed to answer the question)

'I'd never have known if you hadn't told me, it looks just like the Mainline version from here' I replied

I wasn't sure whether he was going to burst into tears or die of apoplexy, so I retired gracefully to a safe distance.

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A certain layout was exhibited at Wakefield and one operator was first in the queue for the buffet at the social and then went back for seconds before the committee had had their firsts, both times with a rather well filled plate..  Next morning he was getting his layout expenses andat the bottom of the sheet was an item that read  "Less Deduction for excessive food consumption   £25"   To say that he had a sense of humour failure was an understatement but the rest of his team thought it was hilarious. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2

I'm guessing that was due to lack of other passengers, rather than any personal hygiene issue ?

I take great offence at such a suggestion. Even as a teenager I had a bath almost every month whether I needed one or not!! :umbrage:

On passengers not getting on or off at termini, something that I think Peter Denny recommended was to have the platform facing away from the viewers (that was when Buckingham had a single platform and a bay) with the station building behind it. The train in the platform concealed the rather notable lack of doors opening and closing and the lack of SLF getting one and off

Edited by Pacific231G

• RMweb Premium

A certain layout was exhibited at Wakefield and one operator was first in the queue for the buffet at the social

Can't be a true story as every exhibition social food queue I know has Charlie Petty at the front................. :O

Cheers,

Mick

A certain layout was exhibited at Wakefield and one operator was first in the queue for the buffet at the social and then went back for seconds before the committee had had their firsts, both times with a rather well filled plate..  Next morning he was getting his layout expenses andat the bottom of the sheet was an item that read  "Less Deduction for excessive food consumption   £25"   To say that he had a sense of humour failure was an understatement but the rest of his team thought it was hilarious. 

Jamie

Can't be a true story as every exhibition social food queue I know has Charlie Petty at the front................. :O

Cheers,

Mick

Typical Yorkshire...