Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

Talking of Old Spice reminded me of many years ago there was a fly spray (the name of which I forget) in a very similar red spray can. The inevitable happened when having showered but not having donned my glasses I picked up the fly spray instead of the Old Spice. Had the nicest smelling flies until I zapped them with my armpits.

I know what you mean Phil.I remember many years ago inadvertently cleaning my teeth with my mothers Immac. I thought I was about to die from poisoning, it tastes blxxdy awful.Mind you, I've never had hair on my teeth since.

Edited by iainp

Mind you in an age when deodorant was unheard of and bathing was a weekly event I'm not sure that pre-war exhibitions would have been any more fragrant than today's.

As David obviously knows, we bathed once a week since the 'bathroom' hung on a large nail just outside the kitchen door........

And the old joke was the ladies who went to stay in a posh hotel from Monday to Thursday and raved on about the beautiful bathroom. Questioned as to their bathing experience, they replied ' Oh no, we couldn't have a bath as we were not there on the Friday night'.  True in our house as it was Harry Davidson on the Light Programme with 'Those Were The Days', followed by 'Friday Night is Music Night'.....

It don't seem that long ago....he lied !

• RMweb Premium

I know what you mean Phil.I remember many years ago inadvertently cleaning my teeth with my mothers Immac. I thought I was about to die from poisoning, it tastes blxxdy awful.Mind you, I've never had hair on my teeth since.

Now who's going to admit having hair on their teeth? :no: :jester:

ROFLMAO

Ok Horsetan I know I'm going to regret this but what does ROFLMAO mean? I notice no one else has marked it indecipherable so it's probably obvious to all, but not to me.

Edit;

It's all right Horsetan I looked it up on that internet thingy. Glad you found it funny, I assure you it wasn't.

Mind you it wasn't as bad as what happened to a mate of mine when he applied Germolene ointment to his piles only to find he had inadvertently applied Fiery Jack instead.

2nd Edit:

A  definite case of ROFWHAOF!

(Rolling On Floor With His Bottom On Fire!)

Edited by iainp

Ok Horsetan I know I'm going to regret this but what does ROFLMAO mean? I notice no one else has marked it indecipherable so it's probably obvious to all, but not to me.

Then again, some of us are too embarrassed to ask...... :scratchhead:

Lynching...

Come up to a certain layout and advise all and sundry around you with great authority that the lorries are all 'Faller, guided by a wire under the road', despite the 3-point turns, numerous manoeuvrings, and the operator with the radio control transmitter in front of them.....

Ah well.....

• RMweb Premium

Lynching...

Come up to a certain layout and advise all and sundry around you with great authority that the lorries are all 'Faller, guided by a wire under the road', despite the 3-point turns, numerous manoeuvrings, and the operator with the radio control transmitter in front of them.....

Ah well.....

Not so much a lynching, remember that the transmitter has an aerial ideal for insertion....... :O

Not so much a lynching, remember that the transmitter has an aerial ideal for insertion....... :O

Not forgetting to sooth the poor unfortunate's resultant anal lacerations with the judicious application of Fiery Jack.Perhaps best applied on the end of a stick.Result should be  a bit like a firework rocket,(light blue touch-paper and stand well back.) and watch that beggar go!  :jester:

Edited by iainp
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not forgetting to sooth the poor unfortunate's resultant anal lacerations with the judicious application of Fiery Jack.Perhaps best applied on the end of a stick.Result should be  a bit like a firework rocket,(light blue touch-paper and stand well back.) and watch that beggar go!  :jester:

this seems to be from someone with experience!! :O

As David obviously knows, we bathed once a week since the 'bathroom' hung on a large nail just outside the kitchen door........

Not necessarily. When I was growing up almost everyone had a bathroom (and, being in the civilised half of the country, very few kept coal in the bath)  but the weekly bath was still quite common though people did at least get their own bathwater. Ironically I think that more than a few of the old tin baths found a second use....... as a coal store.

I think that in most cities the public bath house was more commonly used than the tin bath  though those were probably used more for washing the kids.

The first time I went to America I was surprised to find that few people living in apartments had baths- showers were very much the norm.  

So, which  is going to be the first major exhibtion to offer a public bath-house for visitors :sarcastic:

• RMweb Premium

Not necessarily. When I was growing up almost everyone had a bathroom (and, being in the civilised half of the country, very few kept coal in the bath)  but the weekly bath was still quite common though people did at least get their own bathwater. Ironically I think that more than a few of the old tin baths found a second use....... as a coal store.

I think that in most cities the public bath house was more commonly used than the tin bath  though those were probably used more for washing the kids.

The first time I went to America I was surprised to find that few people living in apartments had baths- showers were very much the norm.  

So, which  is going to be the first major exhibtion to offer a public bath-house for visitors :sarcastic:

Wakefield already has showers as mentioned above.  It's just that no one fancies the idea of grabbing the olfactory offenders and giving them a shower.

We could of course leave them tied uo the aerobics studio (the public canteen)  and force them to take part in the monday morning training session. 

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

'force them to take part in the monday morning training session. '

Which from the noises emanating therefrom yesterday at 8.00am sounded exceptionally brutal :diablo_mini:

Yes that's the squad that objects to the smell of fried onions and burgers that restrict our caterers choice of equipment and menu.

Jamie

Yes that's the squad that objects to the smell of fried onions and burgers that restrict our caterers choice of equipment and menu.

Jamie

I'll bet they smell even more objectionable after an hour of that!