The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Premium

depend how hard you kick em or use a cannon .......

name one of the 60`s  The Flying Pig

which would make it  flying pig tug.    -   on that note leaves the building fast  ------------ >

Don't forget your coat... :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Another livery beckons for 60087 - the first of the Colas fleet.

On it's first test run from overhaul.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37923727@N04/14044070887/in/photolist-m3iv6J-jg7LHW-np2wZe-cpaWdL-nAfAyc-jNYMYX-jAjaPR-mcvNmN-knQta2-knNLU4-ny6qiy-jMrcYP-jMwTKy

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

hopefully it wont be too long before it appears fully painted up and ready to get to grip with the logs over the s+c amongst other jobs

60087 at Langho on 6K05 Carlisle-Crewe via the S&C, in July 2009 - possibly one of it's last workings before initial withdrawal. Hopefully, I can take another pic of her from the same spot soon.

post-408-0-34903200-1400709577_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

Well just announced on Welsh TV news that the MURCO Milford Haven refinery will be closing after a consultation period,,,,so no more Robeston workings, get your photos while you can!

Possible management buyout has also been reported, so all hope for the Robeston tanks is not (yet) lost!

Cheers

Alastair

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of this livery but it actually suits the class 60 really well. Top stuff!

Completely agree Jez. The geometric style of the 60 suits the angular Colas thing really well, as you say. Verdict here: Likeee!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

60010 making light work of the 2,600 ton trailing load as it passes Bradley Junction working 6E17, the 1820 Peak Forest Cemex Sidings to Leeds Stourton RMC on 1st June 2014.

I'll add the reporting number when I can track it down.  Thanks to Mick in post #1852.

Edited by 4630
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

60010 making light work of the 2,600 ton trailing load as it passes Bradley Junction working the 1820 Peak Forest Cemex Sidings to Leeds Stourton RMC on 1st June 2014.

This was taken earlier on it's journey as it pulled up to Peak Forest depot to swap drivers. (On my way home from the excellent DEMU showcase event at Burton-on-Trent).

Cheers,

Mick

post-408-0-05486600-1401660749_thumb.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hope the rest of them in that shot get sorted back in to mainline use.

I think those parked on the Up sidings have seriously succumbed to the copper and steel fairies and are highly unlikely to return without very serious moolah being spent on them.

There are rumours circulating that only 5 are initially being returned to traffic for Colas with 5 more waiting in the wings. A further 10 are earmarked for Colas for "spares or repair", but are still in a DBS WQDA pool and not yet transferred to the COLS pool.

Cheers,

Mick

off to strip a Hornby 60 sometime in the next week or two, probably to become 60021. Either 60021 or 60076 is likely to be the next one back for Colas

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This was taken earlier on it's journey as it pulled up to Peak Forest depot to swap drivers. (On my way home from the excellent DEMU showcase event at Burton-on-Trent).

Cheers,

Mick

We see that working at the back of our clubrooms in Wakefield on a Monday evening as we leave the club.  It makes a great sight and sound heading up the grade off the 99 arches viaduct and up the bank though Westgate.   I saw it last night with 25 wagons on. 

Jamie

A couple of recent Teesside visitors

post-9992-0-89101900-1402344501_thumb.jpg

Regular 60015

post-9992-0-82129400-1402344524_thumb.jpg

Not so regular 60099 (taken in Sunday nights thunder storms). The Silver Sixty left tonight heading south on the AV Dawson train.

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 8