Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

5 hours ago, nigb55009 said:

The railways have always done it. Look at the number of stations that were called something "Road", when in fact they were nowhere near the place they were

supposed to serve Dent station is four miles from the village itself. I`m sure there are many more examples.

Low cost airlines are even worse!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, nigb55009 said:

The railways have always done it. Look at the number of stations that were called something "Road", when in fact they were nowhere near the place they were

supposed to serve Dent station is four miles from the village itself. I`m sure there are many more examples.

At least with a "Road" station there's a subtle hint that you may be in for a long hike to your destination...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2023 at 15:55, Mark Saunders said:

London road in Carlisle…

London Road, Glasgow.

London Road, Sarnia, ON. Canada (Though of course that heads towards London, ON. where certain locomotives were made)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2023 at 11:29, big jim said:

llanbister road on the heart of wales line, 12 miles from llanbister 

Rannoch Station is about 15miles (as the google line flies) from any habitation with "Rannoch" in it's name (Kinloch Rannoch), though Loch Rannoch itself is only about 5.5 miles away.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

25 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Rannoch Station is about 15miles (as the google line flies) from any habitation with "Rannoch" in it's name (Kinloch Rannoch), though Loch Rannoch itself is only about 5.5 miles away.

Is the station being in the middle of Rannoch Moor good enough for you?

Charlie

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn’t know whether to smile or cry at this earlier in Cheltenham, first time I walked past there was a single mobility scooter outside, 20 mins later a whole ‘waddle’ of them outside ‘the slots’ 

EB98467C-B337-48F8-8332-A3A85FCEABB1.jpeg.d6c2a96e22a3ae86e4a925b7d22b0cff.jpeg

I was a bit worried about this young lad walking round the town all by himself though 

FBD38446-0EFB-4DDE-A8BE-678D0492D6D9.jpeg.74eac313dfe0fb5ef11ad71f499701d7.jpeg

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2023 at 20:33, PhilJ W said:

Not unknown for them to deliver passengers to a different country.

For short haul get lift to london manchester airport, then a lift frpm Glasgow Manchester airport.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, big jim said:

Didn’t know whether to smile or cry at this earlier in Cheltenham, first time I walked past there was a single mobility scooter outside, 20 mins later a whole ‘waddle’ of them outside ‘the slots’ 

I was a bit worried about this young lad walking round the town all by himself though 

FBD38446-0EFB-4DDE-A8BE-678D0492D6D9.jpeg.74eac313dfe0fb5ef11ad71f499701d7.jpeg

It has gone tacky.

Buy anything at CMC?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

8E1AFF9E-8D4A-4BBF-A30B-8E1E810ACDBA.jpeg.2efea3981fe189ccb634fdaa5bc95a09.jpeg

Apparently they are quite comfy inside, and once there you can't see the outside! You just have to put up with the pointing and laughing as you drive by, and you have to have a garage at home to hide it in...

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, big jim said:

Not at all, they're all getting their nails done!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Hroth said:

Apparently they are quite comfy inside, and once there you can't see the outside! You just have to put up with the pointing and laughing as you drive by, and you have to have a garage at home to hide it in...

Their safety record was not impressive, mind you they sometimes looked nicer after the crash test

Edited by Vistisen
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

image.png.e439f243e419ec79cecef03dc907324c.png

Ssangyong Rodius

Odious surely? 🤣 Is it one car or four that have crashed into each other at high speed?

Seems to have a poor copy of a Mercedes grille, the side profile attempted copy of a focus with a camper crashed into the back, Granada lights all on a set of ⅔ scale wheels! 
That’s got the cohesiveness of design of a class 70! 

• Agree 5