RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

BBC getting things wrong again. Don't reporters know these basic facts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66808480

Georgian, not Victorian. Hanoverian if you want to be picky....

They don't have to learn all the reigns from 1066 in History at school any more.

Mind you, I can't remember them off hand nowadays, though "Victorian" did set bells off when I saw the report.

But its not just the BBC. Their fault was not fact checking their source.

Network Rail's Mark Evans said the viaduct, which bridges a 160 metre gap over the Sankey valley, is a tribute to Victorian civil engineering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Hroth said:

Mind you, I can't remember them off hand nowadays, though "Victorian" did set bells off when I saw the report.

You don't need to learn them all now though, it takes but a few moments to look it up on the internet!

17 hours ago, newbryford said:

Hmm.

bag.jpg.f0ab712950fca604ae865ca07aaa391d.jpg

To be fair, there are people trying to solve all of those as well!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, melmerby said:

Visiting Earth from far far away? Where do you park your space ship?

Birmingham's always welcome for visitors:

image.png.77e750112b5a9d485dcfacb48b535941.png

If that was my car, the next person to park will leave their car right next to it. It happens to me all time!

For heaven’s sake, why do they do that?!?!?

steve

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, steve1 said:

If that was my car, the next person to park will leave their car right next to it. It happens to me all time!

For heaven’s sake, why do they do that?!?!?

steve

So their car has someone to talk to.

• Funny 9

It's one of those things they ought to offer an Ig Nobel prize for.   Steve's dead right - when my Mrs and I first got together, I drummed into her that in a supermarket car park she should always park as far away from the building as possible, as that's where the spaces are and there's less chance of a trolley or door scrape from someone clumsy next to you.    We've proved on more than one occasion, though, that even if you are the only car in the car park and you are as far from the shop as you can get, the next one in will park next to you.

Vestigial herd instinct?

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

It's one of those things they ought to offer an Ig Nobel prize for.   Steve's dead right - when my Mrs and I first got together, I drummed into her that in a supermarket car park she should always park as far away from the building as possible, as that's where the spaces are and there's less chance of a trolley or door scrape from someone clumsy next to you.    We've proved on more than one occasion, though, that even if you are the only car in the car park and you are as far from the shop as you can get, the next one in will park next to you.

Vestigial herd instinct?

Another good rule for a large shopping centre car park, is to always park in the same part of the car park, one that generally has more chance of spaces because you have chosen an area further away. That way it's easy to remember where you left the thing.

Today, I parked in a different area to usual, because I came from the opposite direction and parked elsewhere. When I went back, I remembered the general direction, but my car wasn't there.

The penny dropped, I was on the wrong floor, directly under my car!

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

One of the USAF's US Marines' F35 Stealth fighter jets has gone missing after the pilot safely ejected following an "incident", and they have issued an appeal to the public in finding it.

Funny, you'd think they'd have kept track of it on Radar. Oh. Wait.....😉

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Another good rule for a large shopping centre car park, is to always park in the same part of the car park, one that generally has more chance of spaces because you have chosen an area further away. That way it's easy to remember where you left the thing.

Today, I parked in a different area to usual, because I came from the opposite direction and parked elsewhere. When I went back, I remembered the general direction, but my car wasn't there.

The penny dropped, I was on the wrong floor, directly under my car!

Been there, done that; and without the unfamiliar direction to in any way excuse it.

Deep in conversation after parking, I failed to note the floor number, as did my companion.

I knew it wasn't on the roof or the ground floor, leaving three to choose from. 

Third time lucky. Oh how we laughed.....

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

One of the USAF's F35 Stealth fighter jets has gone missing after the pilot safely ejected following an "incident", and they have issued an appeal to the public in finding it.

‘Twas the US Marines that lost it. Not the Air Force this time ;-)

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

One of the USAF's US Marines' F35 Stealth fighter jets has gone missing after the pilot safely ejected following an "incident", and they have issued an appeal to the public in finding it.

20 minutes ago, Martino said:

‘Twas the US Marines that lost it. Not the Air Force this time ;-)

I think they believe he attempted an amphibious assault with it, they are asking people to look around two rather large lakes. 

Expect hordes of magnet fishers in the next couple of days anticipating a big bounty.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Been there, done that; and without the unfamiliar direction to in any way excuse it.

Deep in conversation after parking, I failed to note the floor number, as did my companion.

I knew it wasn't on the roof or the ground floor, leaving three to choose from. 

Third time lucky. Oh how we laughed.....

Yes, but was the other half waiting to be picked up? Mine was...

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2