RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

I have watched this thread from afar recently but have decided to resume with the occasional contribution. Here are a few recent views from Penhayle Bay

A "King Arthur" taking the curve at St. Senara's church

post-3305-127790266257_thumb.jpg

Silver bullets reflect the station lighting at Treheligan where the canopy woodwork has recently been weathered

post-3305-127790319803_thumb.jpg

Early morning traffic awaits as the up local draws into the station

post-3305-127790326219_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

There are some incredible pictures appearing in this thread! I've been through over a hundred pictures of my own looking for pictures that try and come close to the bar being set by others:

Swansong of steam, as 49395 sits between duties in the warehouse sidings.

post-8701-127790895881.jpg

• Like 1

This is an image from my now dismantled Peterborough layout, which featured on the old RM web. There will be more if you are interested in BRM next month and the month after, and this image is reproduced by kind permission of the photographer, the inimitable Tony Wright, and BRM.post-98-127784618395_thumb.jpg

Superb picture. Any news on a new layout ?

• RMweb Premium

Superb picture. Any news on a new layout ?

It is just about getting under way. I'll start a layout topic for that rather than cluttering up this thread, and I'll also do another one to show the rest of the photos that didn't make it onto the pages of BRM.

• Like 1

As has been said, some fantastic pictures on here! Some really make you look twice!

One from me, 08653 waits to set back into the yard on my 'N' scale layout Brocklesea.

post-7258-12779384798_thumb.jpg

Andy.

• Like 3

As has been said, some fantastic pictures on here! Some really make you look twice!

One from me, 08653 waits to set back into the yard on my 'N' scale layout Brocklesea.

post-7258-12779384798_thumb.jpg

Andy.

Now that just shows how far British N scale has come recently... without your caption I'd have said that was 4mm scale... ;)

• RMweb Gold

Yes, you're right Pete. I'll do a search starting with all the usual culprits. SE Finecast? Markits? Anyone else?

They're also in the Mainly Trains range: MT315 - 317. I ordered a few not too long ago.

Yes, you're right Pete. I'll do a search starting with all the usual culprits. SE Finecast? Markits? Anyone else?

Gordon, I didn't mean to be hyper - critical or indeed any form of critical! I just think to do that would improve the overall look of the loco no end.....after all you've spent a lot of time and thought on weathering it.

Best, Pete.

Now that just shows how far British N scale has come recently... without your caption I'd have said that was 4mm scale... ;)

Hehe, thanks! I couldn't agree more, long may it continue!

Andy.

I haven't looked at this thread for about 8 months and have spent a nice couple of hours drooling over the pictures. Well done to everyone who has posted here, an inspiration to all Railway Modellers..

Whilst taking a boat trip up past Mixtow Yard, our photographer chanced upon this very rare visitor to the Duchy, sometime in the early sixties wink.gif

Yes, the Coastguard normally used Morris 1000 vans in this area.wink.gif

Don't seem to get many G scale models in here ? So thought I would put this in :) She'e not finished yet but getting there !

25.jpg

She looks better in natural light, but in this shot the glazing hadn't been fitted.

SDC16983.jpg

John

RJR

• Like 4