A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Couldn't you wait for the G.W.R. one ? :biggrin_mini2: , be bit careful with pony truck the axle keepers are a bit flimsy

can you let me know if you managed to shorten the draw bar and run it without de-railment hapepening.

Yesterday I had a mass running session and found my one started to de-rail on a curve it was running

round last week with no issues so I started to mess with the track and it still came off I thought buqqer 

this I'll run something else and that came off I replaced the problem bit of track which turned out to be

twisted it had been down 5 years, an hour later the problem was solved which was a relief.   

Staying with Heljan loco's my saddle tank managed 20 6 wheeled tanker through reverse curve it's

the first time I had used it with anger it does look funny flying round with 12 coaches in tow.

After several days of all- blacks it’s good to see green again, and I think Heljan’s shade is really agreeable. I hope this beast stays that way!

Black is all right on those up country n'gins but the GW should be above all that and paint everything green.  Shows a bit of class!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Black is all right on those up country n'gins but the GW should be above all that and paint everything green. Shows a bit of class!

Brian.

But why such a dull boring green? Saxony green is a much more pleasant shade...

• RMweb Premium

Shiny green in the proper era:

post-2326-0-02111200-1526657760.jpg

I was thinking the chimney on the model looked a bit wierd, however I think this pic blows that thought away.

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I have to say Rob, I am impressed with the size of it.

Can't beat a big one.

I would start buying more vent vans. About 20 should do it.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think you're still trying to convince yourself, that the 47xx is worth buying Rob ;)

No convincing needed I'm keeping Sierd's, just don't tell him.

• Like 2