A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

BC0D6B14-F0B9-41AE-8D4A-3AA6D76BEDDE.jpeg.9cea7671001f869e7c554a84a54ffed1.jpegEA8FE016-3B83-446E-B3D4-508515FE16D4.jpeg.6f65dd2ff05a18faaf1ba3bd2f571364.jpeg

Very nice indeed, going to be a pricy year!

Hi Rich

Not buying the blue pullman in grey livery as well? It were on the Great Western Region after the Midland saw sense and got rid of it.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Rich

Not buying the blue pullman in grey livery as well? It were on the Great Western Region after the Midland saw sense and got rid of it.

I have a Triang set that is half way through being detailed, if I even have a need for one I expect finishing that will be the solution.  I'd rather do some modelling than spend that sort of money.   (To be honest if the Wild Boar Models kit was still available at half the price of the Bachmann crane I'd be going for a kit for that as well.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, gwrrob said:

The up station building is also available as a sepia print.

Are you having it scanned and 'printed' off then, Robin?

Can you get them to 'print' a 12" to the foot size one, please, and I'll hire a digger, so we can plonk it back where it belongs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

How successful has the reopening of Ivybridge station been Tim .

Not too bad now, following 25 years of having been open. Service levels have improved as well, so it's a viable option especially for travel to/from Plymouth.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

The way they're throwing houses up in South Devon there's every chance Brent might reopen in the next twenty years.:o

There is a new station just outside Execeter Central. Horrible concrete and plastic thing with huge car park on the edge of a vast estate. of ticcy tacky.

Actually stopped at Ivybridge a few weeks back aboard the 09.49 HST to the bear's Station. Sat there for several minutes; could have been Adlestrop, but it was not an afternoon of heat and I could not hear any Blackbirds.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
pathetic speeling
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Are you having it scanned and 'printed' off then, Robin?

Can you get them to 'print' a 12" to the foot size one, please, and I'll hire a digger, so we can plonk it back where it belongs.

I happened to go through earlier this morning and saw no sign of any activity, maybe tomorrow ?

Rail Rover

• Funny 1

Oh dear !

Now look what I've gorn and done !!!

Had to get it home and sneak it past myself so I didn't see what was happening :biggrin_mini2:

IMG_0318.jpg.1265bbbd6ce51317250646f7cd7a1f09.jpg

Well, you only live once eh ?

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1