Bachmann Stanier mogul

Sam*45110*SVR

Disappointingly, the Mogul is now shown on the Bachmann website as listed for release in December/January. I suppose that an extra four/five months won't matter that much considering it was announced in 2012/2013 !

What ?!?! I'm glad I've reworked the chassis on my kit built examples now.http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47864-cannons-lane/page-2

• RMweb Premium

Disappointingly, the Mogul is now shown on the Bachmann website as listed for release in December/January. I suppose that an extra four/five months won't matter that much considering it was announced in 2012/2013 !

That's better going than the retooled Class 158...

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

RMC hoppers have also been put back to Nov/Dec which were originally May/June. Quick swap with Christmas and Birthday means I now have a Hornby Class 60 winging its way towards RBE of this parish for conversion to an appropriate resident for PDW.

I don't know, you've only done 3! You could always fit a few more on your layout, don't you think?

I have 2 Bachmann ones on order, if they prove better runners, and haulers than the kit-built examples then the kit-built ones will get sold on to re-coup the cash - I wait with trepidation :-) .

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

This just looks the nuts.

Really nice model, probably the best rendition of the stanier outline boiler I've seen.

The rivet detail on the wheels is very nice.

There is also a lined black LMS outline on display, which also looks equally well finished.

This model raises the bar again.

(I asked b4 taking the picture).

post-20773-0-54007900-1480157800_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Amongst stand out features of these are the AWS protection covers on the front coupling, drivers windshields, screw couplings etc (there's an NEM pocket behind the aws cover).

42968 (late crest / riveted tender ) is on display in the outer cabinet, with the LMS liveried Webb coal tanks.

My pictures don't do the models justice, they are much nicer in the flesh, the paint finish is brilliant.

I had 42968 on order, but I can see myself with all three. The LMS version with the red lining really looks good.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Guest Midland Mole

To behold a thing of such beauty....

Bloody hell Bachmann is going to be getting ALOT of my money next year! :D

- Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 1