The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold

GWR, or rather BR(WR)  typically modest have apparently hold the steam speed record and over a long distance and with a 45xx in the 1950s!

Source ;Back Track Back Page of Oct 2019

122 and half miles in around 35 mins!

How they did they make the coal last out,!

3717 efforts pale!

(PS I think it should read 12.5 miles)

• Funny 1

“I have some good news and some bad news for you. Which would you like first?”
“I’ll have the good news first”
“You have 24 hours to live”
“That’s the good news?! What’s the bad news?”
“I should have told you yesterday “

steve

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

'Give it to me straight, doc, how long have I got?'

'Well, put it this way, can you get the deposit back on your holiday.  Try and make sure your library books are all returned, and I wouldn't buy any more albums.  And you've got to take one of these pills every day for the rest of your life'

'But doc, there's only 3 of them'!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

'Give it to me straight, doc, how long have I got?'

'Well, put it this way, can you get the deposit back on your holiday.  Try and make sure your library books are all returned, and I wouldn't buy any more albums.  And you've got to take one of these pills every day for the rest of your life'

'But doc, there's only 3 of them'!

You missed out, "I wouldn't bother calling for a taxi".

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Apparently the following is from 2014, but I'd not seen it before:

On a recent trip to the United States , Tony Blair, Ex. Prime Minister of the UK and now U.N. Middle East Peace Envoy, addressed a major gathering of Native American Indians.

He spoke for almost two hours on his success in bringing about a lasting peace settlement amongst the warring nations of the Middle East, likening it to the way that the U.S. Government found a suitable agreement with the North American tribes.

At the conclusion of his speech, the crowd presented him with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

A very chuffed Tony then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds.

A news reporter later asked one of the Indians how they came to select the new name given to Tony Blair:

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of sh1t that it can no longer fly.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

A news reporter later asked one of the Indians how they came to select the new name given to Tony Blair:

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of sh1t that it can no longer fly.

Sadly these days that name could apply to most of our politicians! 

• Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Apparently the following is from 2014, but I'd not seen it before:

On a recent trip to the United States , Tony Blair, Ex. Prime Minister of the UK and now U.N. Middle East Peace Envoy, addressed a major gathering of Native American Indians.

He spoke for almost two hours on his success in bringing about a lasting peace settlement amongst the warring nations of the Middle East, likening it to the way that the U.S. Government found a suitable agreement with the North American tribes.

At the conclusion of his speech, the crowd presented him with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

A very chuffed Tony then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds.

Nothing new. Snopes says.  Doesn't stop it from being funny though!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/walking-eagle-politician/

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Not a joke but this really happened to me.Yesterday,I called into Rebel Sports for a couple of things, at the checkout they had  a box of cheap tennis balls , so I thought I'll get a few for my dog. She gave me the clothes, looked me straight in the eye and said "would you like a bag for your balls sir!!". I left rather hurriedly, just before I fell in a heap laughing,:D

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

6 minutes ago, DonB said:

Reported in today's Times.

IT Dept.   Receives a Panic call. :-

"Any one available for a Picnic on level 3? "

Problem In Chair Not In Computer.

Also known as 'Faulty interface between chair and keyboard'

• Like 1

When my kids were very young, they were enthralled by stories about Rupert Bear.  I worked in London at the time and there was a shop in Oxford Street that sold posters by a company called Athena.  I went in one lunchtime looking to buy a poster with a large image of Rupert bear for their bedroom.  I was told such poster were downstairs so off I went down the stairs.  I looked around me and was surprised/delighted to see the walls were covered in life-sized posters all showing attractive young ladies with little or no clothing adorning their shapely bodies.

With complete aplomb, I walked up to the nearest sales assistant and asked if she had any posters showing Rupert Bare . . .

Stan

• Funny 7

11 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

I've just bought a bungalow.

I nearly bought a house,

but that's another storey.

Mu uncle claimed that he invented the bungalow.

His friend was building a house but was running short of money, so my uncle said. Bung a low roof on it.

Bernard

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2