The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

• RMweb Gold

Lots of people have posted videos throughout RMWeb. This is the only one that seems to be a problem.

The last few posts on this thread have turned into a video/OS discussion and says nothing about the video, probably because no one can see it.

This is what the poster of the video has to say:

Works on all my Linux machines!!!

Look, we are all on the same side here, I uploaded to YT but they cut the sound off instant.

I hate WIndows with a passion, sorry you cannot view it.

Finally was able to see it. (please don't ask how; its not really worth the effort)

Lots of introduction, titles etc. Then an APT-E with eyes talking. No comment.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

Thanks the two members on this forum, who sent me abusive emails. I'm leaving this forum now.

I couldn't view the video and honestly couldn't be bothered to try and find a plugin but there's no need for that. Don't quit the forum - Andy, have a word.

Edited by Pete 75C

According to the official Locomotion web page the APT-E model is to be produced using the SA trailing bogies. Can someone from Rapido explain this choice as opposed to the E1T trailing bogies. The SA bogies were only used for the inaugural run and thereafter the train was blacked by ASLEF and underwent a rebuild and all the remaining trails were with the E1T.

Paul R

Thanks the two members on this forum, who sent me abusive emails. I'm leaving this forum now.

Do feel free to forward the emails on to me and, if appropriate, I'll take action if anyone from here has been abusive. You worked to try and load a video which you couldn't load to Youtube. With such video uploads there can be compatability issues but there's no need for anyone to be abusive just because they can't see a video.

It's easy for me to say but there's more of a benefit to everyone through continued involvement which says that any haters can go and do  one.

Hi Paul

DON'T GO !! - without YOU we probably wouldn't have an E-Train left for Rapido to have scanned and produce this model from.

The Talking APT-E video was great - the best one you've done so far...

Rob

www.APT-P.com

Edited by aptp

According to the official Locomotion web page the APT-E model is to be produced using the SA trailing bogies. Can someone from Rapido explain this choice as opposed to the E1T trailing bogies. The SA bogies were only used for the inaugural run and thereafter the train was blacked by ASLEF and underwent a rebuild and all the remaining trails were with the E1T.

Paul R

That's on the Rapido flyer as well, but the model will actually have E1T bogies according to the computer model files I've seen. Have no fear.

• RMweb Premium

The last couple of pages appear to be preoccupied with a video clip which is apparently clever/ funny but few can see. Is there any chance of getting back to the subject of the APT-E? and let the person who made the video sort out how we can view it.

Edited by 7013

The last couple of pages appear to be preoccupied with a video clip which is apparently clever/ funny but few can see. Is there any chance of getting back to the subject of the APT-E? and let the person who made the video sort out how we can view it

The last couple of pages appear to be preoccupied with a video clip which is apparently clever/ funny but few can see. Is there any chance of getting back to the subject of the APT-E? and let the person who made the video sort out how we can view it

Indeed, that said is there any decent books about the APT-E?

Are people familiar with the short version of Pulp Fiction where it is edited to about 3 minutes long with only the expletives?

After watching Andy Y and Jason (who seems a really likeable nutter), who fancies stitching together "Rapido Trains APT-E: The Short Yepping Version"?

Just a thought...

Indeed, that said is there any decent books about the APT-E?

Yes, APT- A promise unfulfilled by Hugh Williams. May be available second hand, but at a price, seen it go for £60! There is also British Rail Fleet Survey 5: High Speed Trains and Derby RTC-25 years of research.

Cheers

Shane

Edited by Wolf27

Yes, APT- A promise unfulfilled by Hugh Williams. May be available second hand, but at a price, seen it go for £60! There is also British Rail Fleet Survey 5: High Speed Trains and Derby RTC-25 years of research.

Cheers

Shane

Blimey, will try the local library!

Ian Allan only did one print run of 'A Promise Unfullfilled' and didn't care about doing a re-print, and they were asked 3-4 times by people in my circle, spoilsports. It's quite difficult to find these days, and can go for quite a price too, as Shane said.

Teh train is mentioned quite a bit in various books of the period but not in any great detail, and 'A Promise Unfullfilled' is really the only one with the in-depth story.

But  the Rapido model will come with a book about the train included, covering not only it's 'first life' under BR ownership, but also its 'second life' in preservation. I've written the first draft of the first half already, and Paul Leadley is doing the second half, with some input from me now and then.

• Like 6

Ian Allan only did one print run of 'A Promise Unfullfilled' and didn't care about doing a re-print, and they were asked 3-4 times by people in my circle, spoilsports. It's quite difficult to find these days, and can go for quite a price too, as Shane said.

Teh train is mentioned quite a bit in various books of the period but not in any great detail, and 'A Promise Unfullfilled' is really the only one with the in-depth story.

But  the Rapido model will come with a book about the train included, covering not only it's 'first life' under BR ownership, but also its 'second life' in preservation. I've written the first draft of the first half already, and Paul Leadley is doing the second half, with some input from me now and then.

Will your reprint involve its third life back on the mainline? Pity I am so far away, would love to get involved.

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I got mine for about £10. It might be worth trying abebooks.

Cheers

Paul

I got my copy as a swap for a spare Hornby APT pantograph :)

A