N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi GW

We are only scanning one vehicle - the driving car.  This will give us a point cloud for the all-important nose.  As the rest of the driving car is the same profile as all the other vehicles that will give us the rest of the data required.

We don't plan to scan the second vehicle there, espeically as scanning is charged per vehicle!.

cheers

Ben A.

As you can see the driving car excluding the snow is pretty straight...the actual access platform is on the second car "C"

post-18903-0-36588000-1422573299_thumb.jpg

Mike seeing if the badge was loose??

:D

post-18903-0-22853200-1422573396_thumb.jpg

**Spellings Corrected...  :thankyou:

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

BR Blue: 

The Poppy Pendo will remain available to order, though from tomorrow of course it will be at the higher price via the website we are about to launch.  After much discussion we felt that the longer it was available the more would be raised for the RBL.

Kickstarter Backers: 

A gentle reminder that the window for getting your model(s) at the cheaper rate is tomorrow at midnight.  After that, anyone ordering will have to pay the higher price.

We have to draw the line at some point and any Kickstarter backers who contact us on Sunday or afterwards because they forgot, or were too busy, or had their credit card eaten by the dog, will be politely told that the deadline has passed.

If you are a Kickstarter backer remember that under plan B we only require 50% of the payment up front, though if you DO have a genuine problem get in touch through the contact us form on the website and we will endeavour to assist.

If you did pledge, this is the last chance to take advantage of the loyalty reward on offer!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Br Blue

Were you a Kickstarter backer? If not then they are not on general sale until Sunday.  If you were a Kickstarter backer you should have had the link via Kickstarter (alternatively log in to your Kickstarter account go to the project and look at the last Updates). The link has all the options including the Poppy Pendolino.

Please don't post the link until Sunday.

Thanks, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Rest of the world as in not Europe! Feel free to try - I can't guarantee that Rapido will honour the order if you didn't back the Kickstarter campaign and you will have to pay VAT on entry to the UK.

Or you can wait until Sunday and order the Poppy Pendolino from the UK from us.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Do Virign own the trademark etc for the Traindeer scheme, a special livery would be nice, rather than standard VT verions......

They will definitely have the copyright to it, I'd buy a 5 car Traindeer set if it were available (at the Kickstarter price, obviously!)

I think that would sell well in retail too as it has the "ooo" factor and taps into pester power with the kids. Perfect for Dad to show kids, who can then do the hard work on Mum....

Maybe Rapido are saving that for themselves?

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The problem with Traindeer is that I'm not sure if it's a one-off for Xmas 2014, in which case by the time the models are actually delivered next year it may feel a little dated.

Also, apart from the Poppy Pendo which is for a good cause we are encouraging our customers to join in with choosing the models we produce. If at that point there's enoug demand for the Traindeer then we'll try to make it happen!

Rapido haven't reserved any liveries for themselves at this time!

Cheers

Ben A.

I just tried to order two sets one nine car and a 11 car. Desperately looked for a 'continue shopping' button; I then when back to the home page and ordered a the second one only to find it had removed the first! Whoever set up the webpage should stick to modelling!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bomag,

I assure you we'd both love to stick to modelling but unfortunately we needed the website with a shopping facility once the Kickstarter didn't reach the target and plan B came into effect.

Indeed, setting it all up in barely a week was, I think, pretty impressive work by Mike. Especially as we have no budget for professional web design. I'm sure any glitches are more down to my meddling with layout and design than his work.

If you haven't been able to order quite what you want please contact us through the site and we'll sort you out.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

I just tried to order two sets one nine car and a 11 car. Desperately looked for a 'continue shopping' button; I then when back to the home page and ordered a the second one only to find it had removed the first! Whoever set up the webpage should stick to modelling!

Just checked this out in case something had changed since I placed my order two weeks ago. Simulating Bomag's order, I ordered a nine car, then touched the shop icon at the top of the page, selected an 11 car. Then I went to Cart and both purchases were there. So seems to work OK still. Maybe a Continue Shopping button would work better rather than choosing Shop to continue shopping.

I can't quite remember what I did but the first time I tried to shop I could only add one item to the basket, I went away and came back and it was working fine and I got my two ordered, not entirely sure whether it was a problem with my computer, the site or most likely me....

Out of interest to Ben and Mike, how is the retention rate running at the moment?

Hi guys,

We've been ridiculously busy with our North American product launch so we haven't had the chance to update the Rapido Pendolino page.  We will have it updated by the 10th or thereabouts.

Because of the delay which is entirely our fault, we will be holding at the Kickstarter prices until the end of February for people outside Europe.  The old price outside Europe is still more expensive than the new price inside Europe as Rapido doesn't include taxes in our prices.  So if you are in the UK or Europe you won't save any money by buying from Rapido and having it sent to you via your aunt in Ottawa.  The shipping and VAT will increase your costs dramatically.  You're still better off ordering from Mike and Ben in the UK, even at the new prices.

If you are outside of Europe you will really want to order by the end of February as the higher price is, well, even higher!

Best regards,

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Further to Jason's post above anyone who does want to order can do so via our website www.revolutiontrains.com

You can either py the full amount, which plenty of our Kickstarter backers have done, or just 50% now and 50% when the model is ready for delivery.

If you order soon you'll still be in time to take part in the selection process to determine exactly which number sets are to be produced.

You can also order the Poppy Pendolino, and we're delighted to report that sales so far of this model mean we've raised over £1000 for the Royal British Legion.

On the site you can register for e-newsletter updates, without having to buy anything.

The models will be available to buy until we actually "lock down" the exact number we need to produce. We think this will be in September, probably just after TINGS, and that will be the last chance as we will only produce models ordered by that point.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 2