N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi GW,

I suspect that as the month progresses we'll probably keep an eye on the voting (I am rooting for 390006 Tate Liverpool, after a fun family visit there earlier this year) and, if our own personal choice is clearly not likely to be selected, switch votes to the "next best thing."  It may be that such tactical voting makes a difference in the closing stages.

Anyone who hasn't pre-selected one of the successful numbersets before the deadline will then just be invited to select the successful one of their choice.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Hi GW,

I suspect that as the month progresses we'll probably keep an eye on the voting (I am rooting for 390006 Tate Liverpool, after a fun family visit there earlier this year) and, if our own personal choice is clearly not likely to be selected, switch votes to the "next best thing."  It may be that such tactical voting makes a difference in the closing stages.

Anyone who hasn't pre-selected one of the successful numbersets before the deadline will then just be invited to select the successful one of their choice.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

I assume those of us that have ordered the Poppy Pendolino don't need to do anything.

Cheers

Paul

My vote is in - 390153 Mission Accomplished

Thanks for giving me a choice.

Btw, I think the vote chart has broken viewing compatibility for phones. I can only see upto 390130 on my iPhone5 with no ability to scroll or zoom.

Hi,

nice to see that the backers are getting the opportunity to select the names (did mine yesterday). I think the rules are fair as there must be a line drawn somewhere and anyway there will be modellers out there who will re-number re-name their sets I am sure

Two questions:

If I were to change my choice of name later is there an edit function? I only saw the chance to add, and a note to ask people not to vote for more than the number of sets involved.

Also once the choice of names are reduced to the top "X" are the backers guaranteed their choice of name - even if that means (for example) 400 people order name A and for arguments sake only 2 order name "B"?

es grüßt

pc

• RMweb Gold

Hi PC

In theory there is an edit function, but I am not sure how well it works (my suspicion is not so well!).  If anyone wants to change their vote nearer to the end of the month then they can drop me a line and I can edit things manually.

I think that we would have to take a pragmatic decision in the scenario that you suggest - the 400 people who ask for name A would definitely get that set (we will set no upper limit on a particular set), for those who pick a less popular name (but still one of the top 9) we will look at the figures and talk to Rapido about what is practical.

Cheers, Mike

Although I haven't ordered one (not got a big enough layout yet!), would a possible solution to the "They haven't produced the name / number I wanted" problem be to offer an un-named / un-numbered version?

Hi Gang,

Ooh...exciting....

Barring the RBL Poppy Pendolino and the Alsthom version way out in front, my 3rd choice is 9th equal......hopefully it will make the cut!!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

HI Guys,

Just had a look at the charts and well there is a spread and a half but one thing has hit me!! While I haven't ordered it yet I will be getting a 5 car unit to go with my 11 car but what are the options number wise for them??

Are you stuck with 9 car set numbers or is it open to either??

Regards

Gareth

Hvae to say I am surprised at the lack of interest in the  Virgin ambassador livery, having seen it in the flesh I think it looks wonderful but it doesn't seem to be attracting much attention, but thanks guys for letting me have the chance to try and get my favorite liveries on my models!

• RMweb Gold

Hi m0rris

I agree - I thought it would be higher as well.  It is still in joint 8th place so has a chance of being produced.

I've been surprised that the Alstom livery has been so much more popular than the Virgin Ambassador "Business is great" livery.

Cheers, Mike

Im surprised at the popularity of Penny the Pendolino! :)

Looks like I'll need to choose a different set number as Mission Accomplished has fallen behind. Did you say to wait til the voting ends to change my choice?

Im surprised at the popularity of Penny the Pendolino! :)

Looks like I'll need to choose a different set number as Mission Accomplished has fallen behind. Did you say to wait til the voting ends to change my choice?

I would wait until the end of the month so that you can either help another over the line or just choose the replacement one from the winners.

That's what I'm going to do anyway.

Alistair

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eddie reffin

Just ordered 2 9car sets and plumped for Tate Liverpool and 101 Squadron. Really looking forward to to this project developing as I've made a start on plans for my new WCML layout after selling Rockfield Road to the Inverness MRC a couple of years back.

Rejoined the N gauge society today as well! Planning some of there lovely kits to make over the coming months.

Suppose I had better go and get ready to play with the 1:1 railway now. Wee trip to Ardgay with a 158 beckons!

• Like 3

Just read the latest newsletter about the project. Thanks for providing the details and keep us all informed. Its a really exciting project and feels very involving and dedicated to high quality.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Great Western

If you PM me your name then I will let you know why! (You have to have opted in to receive the newsletter either when you purchase the set or by signing up to the newsletter on our website - registering is not enough).

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The newsletter basically said - please get your vote in for the set number/name by Sunday's deadline!

If you ordered via Rapido then please register for an account on our website and drop me an email so that I can give you the necessary access (please note I will be running an exhibition from first thing on Friday to end of Sunday so please try not to leave it to the last minute!).

Current voting (as of this morning!):

1 390104 Alstom Pendolino (special Alstom livery) (28 votes)
2= 390001 Virgin Pioneer (26 votes)
2= 390045 101 Squadron
4= 390114 City of Manchester (13 votes)
4= 390122 Penny the Pendolino
6 390005 City of Wolverhampton (11 votes)
7 390132 City of Birmingham (10 votes)
8= 390138 City of London (9 votes)
8= 390151 Virgin Ambassador (special "Business is great" livery)

Cheers, Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Dazzer,

Yes, the voting has finished but both Mike and I have had work committments rather annoyingly hogging our time!  We will be confirming which ones  we're offering within the next couple of days though!

cheers

Ben A.