News from Warley 2014

Andy Y

In what way did the Captain's post "attack" anybody?  Why is there so much bad feeling on the forum at the moment?

Ed

I thought these sentiments were expressed sufficiently intemperately for them to be described as an "attack":

Well, shame on those who do 'want their cake and eat it'...!

If you really want quality, then be prepared to pay a fair price for it, otherwise please shut up with your complaining.

Telling people to "shut up" is generally considered to be an "attack", isn't it?

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Mods

Is there any way we can get this thread away from the Hornby theme and back to info about Warley in general please???

If you wish to alert a Mod to an issue on RMweb the best way is to use the Report button below any post. You can even report your own contribution, and that would be your best plan here. With a small number of Mods and a huge number of threads they simply can't read all the stuff all the time.

• RMweb Premium

If you wish to alert a Mod to an issue on RMweb the best way is to use the Report button below any post. You can even report your own contribution, and that would be your best plan here. With a small number of Mods and a huge number of threads they simply can't read all the stuff all the time.

Done!

Mods

Is there any way we can get this thread away from the Hornby theme and back to info about Warley in general please???

Couldn't agree more,,,, having quickly flicked through the previous 11 pages it would appear this year Warley is a traders/designers convention.

Were there any actual layouts there worth looking at,,, or perhaps pictures of the same????

SAD :sadclear:

• RMweb Gold

Just back at Bishopstoke Junction after a good day at Warley. Plenty of space to move around ( I gather it was heaving yesterday). Very impressed with Charlie's First Great Western 143s - agree with Andy that it could be the model of the year - Charlie classified it as the Model of the Century, but then he would wouldn't he! Couldn't get a good photo of Hornby's Radial but got the impression that only small parts were printed. The C1 looks lovely and hope those of you worried will note that there is no large gap below the cab. Heljan's offerings looked good and only sad to learn that they are not planning to re-issue their Container Crane in the near future. The Dapol Terrier looked very pretty and the 73 looked good to me, I forgot to ask about the Class 68. Had a inspiring talk with Mick Bryan of this parish regarding conversions of RTR to Network Rail, just had to stock up on some yellow paint before I left.  Only took my little camera so photos not terribly good.

Godfrey

post-138-0-33673800-1416761581_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-77014400-1416761599_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-17219800-1416761611_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-59089900-1416761624_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-39268100-1416761641_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-24603300-1416761749_thumb.jpg

Couldn't agree more,,,, having quickly flicked through the previous 11 pages it would appear this year Warley is a traders/designers convention.

Were there any actual layouts there worth looking at,,, or perhaps pictures of the same????

SAD :sadclear:

I was just about to post something along the exact same lines.

Any layout pictures? I assume there were some layouts there........

Yes there were 85+ layouts there but this thread is "News from Warley" so I would not think many will post layout pictures here.

It seems to be more of a place for those that were not there to make suppositions about it and for the rest to bicker about Hornby et al. Fed up with the thread so removing myself from following it.

• RMweb Premium

I was just about to post something along the exact same lines.

Any layout pictures? I assume there were some layouts there........

Hi Peter

My understanding of this thread it was for news on new models and announcements. The exhibition thread is http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85146-warley-at-the-nec-2014-22nd-and-23rd-november/

Mods

Obviously a number of members are in agreement with this sentiment so can we please keep other discussions in other topics please?

If not I'll just delete stuff that's OT.

• RMweb Gold

It's alright for you folks living where there are no model shops, you've got it easy.

I work less than 5 minutes from Kernow Model Rail Centre - my credit card is fighting with my wallet as to which will the first to leave home !

Having had a quick look around yesterday on a break from operating Trenance, I did spend a short while at the Dapol stand.

Whatever criticisms there may have been of it's total accuracy I have to say that for me the Dapol 0 Gauge "Terrier" looked absolutely superb in the "Brighton" livery and at a price of a smidge under £200 it looks incredibly good value, It surely has to encourage people to enter the world of 0?

Good to see progress on the N gauge Grange too, and the Maunsell coaches looked very nice in their Southern livery. Apparently BR livery ones will follow the SR ones quite quickly which will please many.

I thought from what I saw the show did seem a tad smaller than previous years, but I could be mistaken.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Hello Clive,

I can't see many (any?) layouts on that other Warley thread either.

Apologise if I sound sad moaning about threads.......... :scratchhead:

Hi Peter

Perhaps the lack of layout photos shows what many modellers want from Warley, a single day when all the big players announce their new goodies. Followed by a quick shopping trip and if time view the layouts.

It would have be nice if one or the other threads did have some layout photos for likes of me who was working this weekend, after all isn't that what exhitions are for.

....... A table of all classes (steam, diesel and electric), without personal comment on the merits of each model, would be beneficial, I am sure, to others. ...........

"Confused dot com"

I can imagine an "Arrivals Board" that displays the estimated times along with notice of delays and cancellations, apologies for inconvenience caused and where to get the complimentary coffee.

RP

Archived