• RMweb Gold

Thanks OD. 

It needed saying. Please post photos of your projects if you want. See this as a forum within the forum. Let's not have anyone feeling isolated for whatever reason. 

This thread has run for five years and I have had the privilege of meeting many of you in person and becoming firm friends. Others I have not met but through the interaction of the forum I again class many of you as friends. 

With the changes that are so afoot at present, social stuff such as this will take on even more of a significant importance. 

Even the L&NER will be allowed.............within reason.......

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

In all seriousness, like many on here I am effectively quarantined so come to RM Web a number of times during the day, if we can support each other in even a small way it has to be worth doing.

When all this is over hopefully we can all start meeting again.

Martyn

• Like 6
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks OD. 

It needed saying. Please post photos of your projects if you want. Even the L&NER will be allowed.............within reason.......

Rob. 

I just thought I'd get this one in.....

J72.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

As I work in an industry and for a company that positively encourages home working, I am doing just that for the foreseeable future. 

Which means despite being home all day I still don't have time to play trains...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

As I work in an industry and for a company that positively encourages home working, I am doing just that for the foreseeable future.

I'm in exactly the same situation, with the added benefit that everybody else working from home at our company is relying on me to keep the wet bits of string tied together to make it all work...

Tuesday was particularly fun as Microsoft Teams died spectacularly.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

We use MS Teams as well - I've been added to so many teams, groups, channels, etc., I spend all my time responding to messages. Then there are the online calls, where we're all expected to use the laptop camera - not always a good idea...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Home working is also my way of life in local government. No time to play trains during the day, but having a portable work surface on a nearby table can be quite useful. We get an hourly pop-up reminder to stretch and refocus our eyes so a quick glued joint made one hour can be nicely set by the next hour's break. If I'm prepared and its a small, easy area, I've been known to put a coat of paint on something in these mini-breaks. 

3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

We use MS Teams as well - I've been added to so many teams, groups, channels, etc., I spend all my time responding to messages. Then there are the online calls, where we're all expected to use the laptop camera - not always a good idea...

The lap top cameras one is interesting. We were all told to experiment with using them on Monday. By Wednesday IT were concerned about band width and video calls became "only when necessary". 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

17 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Yeah me too. Never-ending views of people's nostrils.  The worst is people who don't realize that their camera is on, or accidentally share their screen with everyone else. You get to see and know things that can never be erased from your memory :rolleyes:

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Mmmm........big boys 14xx.......pasta or toilet paper....................I have to say not keen on wiping my bottom with a 14xx.........

Louis XIV, the Sun King, had his wiped with the neck of a live swan.  If it's good enough for 'im it'll do for me; if I was covered in white feathers and lived up Roath Park Lake I'd be a bit worried now...

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve also been working from home since Wednesday, company don’t encourage it but I’m potentially at risk so was sent home. Real VNC was set up and as like many offices ours our IP phones that came to had a call from the phone company to set that up, now I can call as if I’m at work copy a number on screen and call all just the same.

The best thing is an hour for lunch to go modelling making good use of that!

Great work Rob opening the thread up to everything.

Progress today.

BA6B3B0C-C873-4615-BFDA-627A98894753.jpeg.f5a21655aa51bbcbfe6060c4d505cd64.jpeg

Rattle can did stink the room out a bit! Even with windows wide open.

More outside tomorrow hopefully.

That bit of track top right is coming out and being replaced.

Cheers 

Thanks Rob.

Edited by AdeMoore
Fat fingers
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Louis XIV, the Sun King, had his wiped with the neck of a live swan.  If it's good enough for 'im it'll do for me; if I was covered in white feathers and lived up Roath Park Lake I'd be a bit worried now...

As long as it was head-first I suppose that wouldn't be too bad...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

We've all played Bullsh1t Bingo over the years - this week I was introduced to a topical variation:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=conference+call+bingo

(other search engines are available)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, St Enodoc said:

We've all played Bullsh1t Bingo over the years - this week I was introduced to a topical variation:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=conference+call+bingo

(other search engines are available)

Yep, we have that running already.

(Woke too early before the raid on Tesco, can't get back to sleep ).

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

We popped to the pharmacy at the biggest Tesco in Cardiff yesterday evening. 

Wandering around the store it all seemed quite orderly but there were considerable gaps on the shelves. 

One interesting gap was in the alcohol aisle where we saw ( not that we were buying any...hate the stuff) or didn't see, large bottles of vodka. Gone. Devoid. Other spirits were present but vodka, nope. 

I can only assume that it was bought in lieu of hand sanitiser........and would probably taste the same. 

Rob. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

We popped to the pharmacy at the biggest Tesco in Cardiff yesterday evening. 

Wandering around the store it all seemed quite orderly but there were considerable gaps on the shelves. 

One interesting gap was in the alcohol aisle where we saw ( not that we were buying any...hate the stuff) or didn't see, large bottles of vodka. Gone. Devoid. Other spirits were present but vodka, nope. 

I can only assume that it was bought in lieu of hand sanitiser........and would probably taste the same. 

Rob. 

I visited Morrisons in Boroughbridge on Wednesday. Not that I looked down every aisle, but one massive gap was in the multipacks of lager - plenty of Corona though for some bizarre reason.... 

09439EE2-F90B-4F49-98BE-CF9D6955BC60.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Tesco cat food aisle

20200321_075846.jpg.291c74bacd9c6e0e70d6fb0a11aefc86.jpg

What are people eating ???

I know this one.........

Cat food? 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 9