Bachmann 2015/16 Speculation ... or Divination 101 as it is known on the Hogwarts Express

Ozexpatriate

Anyone mind if I have another stab in the dark? Ok, given that our colonial cousins across the pond are to be blessed with 'Skarloey' to run on 9mm gauge track, I wonder if at last the various tentacles of the Bachmann empire might get their collective shit together for long enough for a parallel UK model of Talyllyn to appear? 

This sort of thing has occurred to me in the past, but I suspect an obstacle in the form of the licence holder. The licenced items are made to replicate the often distorted book drawings or televised model versions. And even if these happen to be reasonably accurate it is not in their interest to have a non-licence fee liable equivalent available; and if we assume that they are aware of this possibility, the licence terms may impose a restriction.

Has  any one  else  commented  that  the  wagons  shown  in  the  SKARLOEY  loco  flyer in  post 205   looks  very  like  the PECO L&B  stock in fact  it  looks  the  same  has  a  deal been  done I wonder??

ALSO  NOTE  00-9  modellers  if  the  loco  does  reach  our  shores...  its  quoted minimum  radius  is  11.25"     so   9" will be  too  tight.  ..  9"  being  the  radius  of  Peco 00-9  set  track  curves.

• RMweb Gold

Yes indeed on  the 4CEP. They brought out the MLV in jaffa cake livery and then....perhaps we can expect the 4CEP refurbished (with the hopper windows) in Jaffa Cake? (Along with a 2-HAP obviously....wish, wish.)

And surely it has to make sense to tool up a Buffet car and have a 4BEP.

A lot of two-car DMUs only need tooling for one body.

Two car DMUs had one vehicle with a van section for the guard, the second car would have a toilet comparment (where fitted) but no van section.

So two body types are needed.

As a fan of BR blue in the early to mid 80s, my twopenneth for what it's worth:

Class 09

Class 37/0 Split headcode - Eastfield (Loch) or Thornaby (British Steel) namer

Class 40 - Discs or Centre headcode

Class 45 or 46 - Centre marker lights

Class 47 - Large log/Black headcode

As for brand new stuff

Class 86

Class 87

Class 123/124

And how about a Sheerness steel bogie wagon (PXA?) or a PortTalbot - Llanwern Iron ore wagon?

Here's hoping.

• RMweb Gold

A Class 120 would be great, however up here in ScotRail land in the mid 1980s they ran with 101 middle coaches.

Wonder what the chance of a 2 car 120 and the release of 101 middle coaches would be! Unlikely me thinks.

Trouble is, a 2-car 120 would go down like a lead balloon with those who want the full WR set.

I can't see them releasing a 101 intermediate car on its own but, if they did both classes in 3-car form, following them up with a Scottish Region mixed set (possibly as a retailer commission) would be easy.  

John

• RMweb Premium

Only on first generation DMUs.

Not strictly true.

The 150 has two different shells - with/without toilet window, as well as differing roof panels with/without the water tank.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Not strictly true.

The 150 has two different shells - with/without toilet window, as well as differing roof panels with/without the water tank.

Cheers,

Mick

I'm not an expert on tooling for injection moulding. But I think that is doable with one tool and some slides.

There is no reason why Bachmann can't release DMU centre cars separately. Honrby did it, Lima did it, so why can't Bachmann?

Have you asked them? There may be some entirely logical explanation although I doubt it would be satisfactory for anyone that wants one.

Trouble is, a 2-car 120 would go down like a lead balloon with those who want the full WR set.

I can't see them releasing a 101 intermediate car on its own but, if they did both classes in 3-car form, following them up with a Scottish Region mixed set (possibly as a retailer commission) would be easy.  

John

If we're doubting whether a Class 120 3 car unit on its own could be produced I really cant see a Class 120/101 hybrid being sold. I think any hybrids would be up to the purchaser to put together

• RMweb Gold

Are the second generation DMUs not the same? The Class 150s and 156s certainly have a single toilet per 2-car unit, I think the 158s are the same off the top of my head

As are all three kinds of Pacers, and class 155.

Just pondering this: a couple of years back Hornby came left of field with the L1 tank. Perhaps Bachmann will surprise use with some lovelly NBR loco's.

Still hoping for a mk1 BSO, FO  outside chance of an RB. Augment the already announced Thompson retool with a BG, RF and RTO/RPTO. Lovelly coaches.

J26/J27, Q6, G5

Standard Class 3 2-6-0

And hopefully some really tasty wagons like a Palvan or Palbrick

I agree with the J27 and Standard 3. The Q6 is already planned with DJM so I think they should leave that one alone. I would prefer the A5 or A8 as a tank locomotive or N10.

There is also the J21 but I believe the charity owning group are progressing with plans for that one. Could be Bachmann or another though at this stage.

Archived