Heljan Warley 2013 news

Dagworth

• RMweb Gold

From Model Rail on Facebook

BIG NEWS! Heljan has just revealed the new models it will announce at the Warley NEC show on November 23. 
1) 'OO' gauge GWR/BR '1366' 0-6-0PT
2) 'OO' gauge Metropolitan Railway/LT Bo-Bo electric (Sarah Siddons et al)
3) Another 'surprise' locomotive to be revealed at the show

The Danish company has also confirmed the types and identities of the Gresley '02' 2-8-0s and Hunslet Class 05 shunters in development for 2014/15: 
OO LNER/BR class 02 'Tango' 2-8-0
Proposed models - version 1 - class 02/3 with high running plate and 'stepped' tender
3910 - LNER 3965 in LNER black
3911 - BR 63954 in early BRITISH RAILWAYS black
3912 - BR 63948 in BR black with early crest
3913 - BR 63952 in BR black with late crest

Proposed models - version 2 - class 02/4 with high running plate and 'flush' tender
3920 - LNER 3962 in LNER black
3921 - BR 63983 in BR black with early crest
3922 - BR 63975 in BR black with late crest
3923 - BR 63982 in BR black with late crest

OO Hunslet/BR class 05 Diesel Shunter
Two types will be produced to accurately portray the differences on the prototype
Type A
2500 - D2574 in BR green livery
2501 - D2578 in BR green livery with 'wasp' stripes (preserved)
2502 - D2582 in BR green livery with 'wasp' stripes
2503 - CIDER QUEEN in green livery with 'wasp' stripes (industrial)
Type B
2520 - D2591 in BR green livery with 'wasp' stripes
2521 - D2600 in BR green livery with 'wasp' stripes
2522 - D2595 in BR blue livery with 'wasp' stripes (preserved)
2523 - DEPARTMENTAL 88 in BR green livery with 'wasp' stripes
Also arriving "very soon" are the as-built versions of thre 'OO' gauge 'Baby Deltic'( The Baby Deltic Project) and BRCW Class 26. 
See MR190, on sale November 26th for the full story - including that 'surprise' announcement!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151801006778207&set=a.371681018206.157212.176420418206&type=1

Ah, so it's Heljan who got Sarah Siddons.

I knew one of the others had got it as I tried to get one done for the celebrations but was told 'sorry it's earmarked'.

I'll be having one of these for my display cabinet, that's for sure. :-)))

Can't announce them at Warley, we already know :-)

Apart from what I'm thinking is the 33 ;-)

• RMweb Gold

A 1361 0-6-0ST would be much better. I could actually make use of one in original condition :cry:

I miss read it and got all excited about being able to convert one to the 3161s predecessor, before rereading and seeing its a 1366

Will still be tempted if they do it right, and the price is right for the model sold

Based on heljans previous efforts (hymek excluded) I certainly won't be preordering!

That's my DJH version redundant then. :no:

No need to make that redundant Rob, she's a little beauty! Kit over RTR any day of the week.

A 1361 would have been nice though (we are never happy are we!).

Regards,

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

No need to make that redundant Rob, she's a little beauty! Kit over RTR any day of the week.

Thanks Andy.I have no experience of the Heljan models.Can I expect slow running on this model.

• RMweb Premium

The Met/LT Bo-Bo is a cracking release, fantastic!! Along with the Bullied diesels it is one of those odd ball ideas for a RTR model that I'd always hoped we'd see but never imagined anybody doing either. For all the doom and gloom on forums about the supposed crises in UK RTR models we're still seeing some adventurous releases.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andi!

Interestingly Cider Queen and D2578 are one and the same.

This loco managed to escape from Bulmers early in its preserved life up the main line to Moreton on Lugg with some brake vans....see http://www.beerandrail.com/d2578lg_05.htm

Will the Cider Queen version have the copper capped chimney I wonder?

Phil

Edited to correct my scurrilous suggestion that this was an unofficial trip - the loco was main line registered!

Thanks Andy.I have no experience of the Heljan models.Can I expect slow running on this model.

To be honest Rob I only have a couple of Heljan products myself, but their running qualities are very smooth. I don't see why this 1366 should be any different, 60/1 gearing should do the trick.

Anyway……..they were not noted for their appearances at Brent, so why would you need two?  ;)

Andy.

The Met/LT Bo-Bo is a cracking release, fantastic!! Along with the Bullied diesels it is one of those odd ball ideas for a RTR model that I'd always hoped we'd see but never imagined anybody doing either. For all the doom and gloom on forums about the supposed crises in UK RTR models we're still seeing some adventurous releases.

Well it's been done before, but as the last RTR version (from Hornby) came out in 1925, was O gauge, only had four wheels and only came in either clockwork or mains electricity versions, the market is probably ready for a retooled version....

Archived