SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

It's a day for strange events, Argyle won away too......

It were like a bliddy pantomime from the TV highlight(s) (about 10 seconds worth...…). Their goalkeeper did an air kick, from a pass back seemingly, and the ball ran under his foot and into the rain soaked net. never mind, it were 3 points.

P

• RMweb Premium

The idea is that there will be lift off pods sitting on those back struts over the FY. Behind the tunnel will be open and down by the Incline Box there wiĺl be a simple scenic screen of some sort that lifts out as well

Did I really say that? Should have said......that's the crazy idea!  :scared:

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Phil I hope you were suitably attired in you anorak with duffel bag over left shoulder and of course the ever faithful bobble hat with the big red bobble.  :haha:

If you go to 8.00minutes, shortly after you will see a frozen duck in maroon attire and silly hat (not my friend the Virgin Coated person who tolerates us spotters. However it would have been better at Donny (but very wet indeed) whistle wise? Also non stop through there is always atmospheric.

/www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+union+of+south+africa+15%2f12+18&view=detail&mid=F96652B0881DF7381618F96652B0881DF7381618&FORM=VI

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

If you go to 8.00minutes, shortly after you will see a frozen duck in maroon attire and silly hat (not my friend the Virgin Coated person who tolerates us spotters. However it would have been better at Donny (but very wet indeed) whistle wise? Also non stop through there is always atmospheric.

/www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+union+of+south+africa+15%2f12+18&view=detail&mid=F96652B0881DF7381618F96652B0881DF7381618&FORM=VI

9 minutes  and a second or two on my viewing -  The Streak certainly lived up to her nickname!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if these will actually be what I use and they are not finished shaping wise. I need to think about it for a while and assess the way it will be sculpted. They are just 'tacked' down temporarily at the moment.

attachicon.gifIMG_0024.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0025.JPG

The idea is that a series of pods is created to sit on those 'arms' over the fiddle. I'll add some card bits to try to demonstrate how I/we think I/we can achieve a good effect possibly using some sort of vertical, scenic sheet along the top of those formers and fixed on the pods. Those pods are to give the scene depth which, in the real thing, was thick woodland. It may be that the trees are so dense that I won't need a back-sheet for all the cutting?

One thing that looks smart is the colouring of Stu's lovely Hungry Caterpillar mouth.

As you may have noticed I have a set of pics (laying on the boards between the formers) of the real thing to give me guidance and inspiration. 

On the left as you look at this I shall use a more trad way of creating the cutting side as it can be 'solid' if I wish. I suspect it might be polystyrene for sturdy ness?

P

I suspect I forgot to reference Red Leader as the person behind this idea of the ply formers to assess whether the idea will work. Thanks G and apologies There are many others on here that have arseissted over the years and in case I have neglected you.....so many thanks also for your support (fill in the Panto response...……..boom boom). :bb:

Duck.

• Like 1

I suspect I forgot to reference Red Leader as the person behind this idea of the ply formers to assess whether the idea will work. Thanks G and apologies There are many others on here that have arseissted over the years and in case I have neglected you.....so many thanks also for your support (fill in the Panto response...……..boom boom). :bb:

Duck.

Are these pods going to be the 1960's equivalent of what millennials like to work in?

• RMweb Gold

I can see the pods idea working well. Adding slim shelves (10mmx10mm balsa) to each side of the formers, for the pod base to sit on, and having two pods per section - one on the baseboard and one half way up. You shouldn't need one over the tracks if the trees on the upper pod are high enough.

If the pods are just placed on the shelves, they could be lifted out to allow access to the tracks.

The lateral join between the pods (that aligned with the tracks) could be hidden by some bushes heavy undergrowth on the baseboard pod, and the perpendicular (to the tracks) join could be hidden with the higher tops of the trees forming a canopy of leaves. 

If you used the thick (pink) polystyrene insulation foam, as the pod base, they should be self supporting between the formers and easily sculpted to the correct profile.

• RMweb Premium

It doesn't seem to be there any longer!   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

There's some hardy platform souls there at about 8:50! Had to go to Leeds that day, so missed the steam, but got utterly chilled to the marrow changing trains at the wrong time at Doncaaaaster.

I do wish folk would pan the locomotive though.   Not interested in coaches and diesel powered dead weights.

On the other side of the coin, it's quite hard to do a good pan. You see a lot of clips where they're panning and zooming and you end up feeling a bit queasy.

• RMweb Premium

Eh?

What's happening?

Nostradamus!  http://www.yearly-horoscope.org/nostradamus-predictions/

My advice is to buy more railway stuff pronto. It does say that a new engine will appear...……………. :senile:

Bit disappointed about the war though as I don't have enough tins of beans in stock to cope with that.

A. Profit

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Nostradamus!  http://www.yearly-horoscope.org/nostradamus-predictions/

My advice is to buy more railway stuff pronto. It does say that a new engine will appear...……………. :senile:

Bit disappointed about the war though as I don't have enough tins of beans in stock to cope with that.

A. Profit

I didn't realise he was still alive!  I shall buy more Spam.