Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

Underframe water tanks removed too, so likely to be a 47/8. Assuming off course the outline isn't a red herring...

WCRC 47/8 on the back of the WCRC 37 and coaches? Or is that too soon?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

I've got a fiver that it won't be a poooo brown WCRC one. They just did the 37 , it doesn't appear to have set the world on fire and can't even hold its brought value on eBay.

Could be a colas one , but they risk alienating some of their clientele if they go with another modern day one.

Having said that Infortunately it could be a colas one , or a Mac duff.

I got my Bachmann email and was interested to see a 47 sillotte appear. Suppose it makes sense with Kernows surprise release that there are a few in production.

I would be interested in a WCRC one myself and I think these have been very popular for Bachmann but it would seem a bit close to the previous release.

The Colas suggestion is also a good one which I hadn't thought about. I wasn't going to get 37421 that is until I saw it and decided Bachmann had done a superb job on it.

No doubt someone will share what they see over the Weekend.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Just to clarify I wasn't guessing at a ScotRail 47 or that I have any insider knowledge of models. :)

It was just that adb968008 had mentioned Duff as a nickname and I was pointing out that we used to call the ScotRail ones MacDuffs. To see one was quite a cop for some of us as they were normally working in Scotland. Although I think I saw them all eventually around the North West of England.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Just to clarify I wasn't guessing at a ScotRail 47 or that I have any insider knowledge of models. :)

It was just that adb968008 had mentioned Duff as a nickname and I was pointing out that we used to call the ScotRail ones MacDuffs. To see one was quite a cop for some of us as they were normally working in Scotland. Although I think I saw them all eventually around the North West of England.

Jason

47461 was the odd one out, it carried scotrail livery, but was the only 47/4 to do so. It met its end in an accident in Liverpool, but I recall seeing it round the manchester area quite a lot.

The Scotrail 47/7s made their way to Old Oak to replace the 50's but were invariably not upto it. From there they scattered. 47712 has been repainted at Crewe into Scotrail.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the silhouette, the loco appears to have the battery boxes only and not the additional fuel tanks that were added later to fit around the battery boxes. This should rule out the likes of 47580, 47799, COLAS 47749 and ROG 47830.

47461 was the odd one out, it carried scotrail livery, but was the only 47/4 to do so. It met its end in an accident in Liverpool, but I recall seeing it round the manchester area quite a lot.

47461 in Scotrail livery was done some years back as a Rails of Sheffield limited edition.

Looking at the silhouette, the loco appears to have the battery boxes only and not the additional fuel tanks that were added later to fit around the battery boxes. This should rule out the likes of 47580, 47799, COLAS 47749 and ROG 47830.

47461 in Scotrail livery was done some years back as a Rails of Sheffield limited edition.

If the silhouette is correct and its missing the additional fuel tanks that'd rule out the 47/7s and 47/8s entirely

By way of re-stirring the 37 pot - and add in some 'pie in the sky' or 'somewhere over the rainbow' wishful thinking -

A coal sector 37 would be just the ticket - there are not enough of these around..

For some reason 47's (I have never been able to fathom) just don't do anything for me, they look well - so horrible!

Please don't all shoot at once.. :tomato:

As I don't think we have had an intercity mainline cl 47 from either Heljan, ViTrains or Bachmann that would get my vote.

While you're right and we haven't ... there have been a load of Intercity Swallow bodyshells for the Windsor Castle limited edition that were sold off with the wrong lower white colour which looked an awful lot like Intercity Mainline

While you're right and we haven't ... there have been a load of Intercity Swallow bodyshells for the Windsor Castle limited edition that were sold off with the wrong lower white colour which looked an awful lot like Intercity Mainline

Just for interest, what is Intercity Mainline livery? I did a google and photos that pop up show the original Intercity livery. But that is probably just Google being its useless self on train liveries!

So while I am aware of the original Intercity livery with the old fashioned BR double arrow logo has been done by Bachmann at least twice with Titan and Rail Riders,  and they have done Intercity Swallow livery numerous times, what is the Mainline version of the livery like please?

• RMweb Premium

It was like InterCity swallow livery but with the lower silver white part replaced with exec light grey.   Try this link:

http://class47.co.uk/c47_liveries.php?s_type=2&s_liv=128

Be aware that a lot of photos change the colours slightly and the exec light grey of Mainline can look like the white of Intercity and vice versa especially when a layer of road grime is on top.

Wasn't mainline a kind of inclusive livery for both expresses and parcels ? But got rapidly superseded by swallow and parcels sector ?

Yes I think it was, I remember seeing the line up on BBC railwatch where they had a Mainline 47 and mentioned shared passenger and parcels locos would be in that livery.

As a member of the collectors club I'm a little miffed that the latest club model is open to the general public attending the Warley show before the club members.

I'm sure it won't but they are not going to be in a good position on Monday if it sells out over the weekend.

If it's like previous ones, anyone buying it will have to show their Bachmann Collectors Club membership card, so it's only a subset of the General Public that should be able to buy it, whatever it is.