Please, Please, Please

• RMweb Premium

Strange that when most topics go off topic someone brings them back but in this one it has turned into a new Jokes Forum and that has improved it 1000%. Must be something to do with the numbers!

• RMweb Premium

After all the excitement and indigestion yesterday I missed my second breakfast; and so I rescheduled it for today. I enjoyed every bit of it.

- Richard.

post-14389-0-54803300-1456955904_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Talking about Canada, I believe that this site is using the Canadian date format. The format is dd/mm/yy unless it's mm/dd/yy and from time to time yyyy/mm/dd. This seems to depend entirely on the mood of the person at the time of writing out the date. And there's not necessarily any consistency within even a single form. One I had to fill in some time ago had both of the first two formats.

So Andy, just say it's Canadian formatted and I can get on with drooling at photos of English breakfasts.

cheers

Jason

p.s. Here's a thing to while away your time in an airport in the States if your plane is taking off after midday - ask the person on the desk if the plane is still taking off at so and so time, and make sure you use the 24 hour clock. :)

It needs less beans - beans with breakfast is an affront to decency

I find that the trick with beans is to cook them in the frying pan after cooking everything else. Then they take up all the extra flavours.

That's egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. That's not got much beans in it!  Better than beans, egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans.

I can hear a faint Viking chorus invoking the "Python Corollary to Godwin's Law" and featuring a certain Minnesotan, meat by-product, comestible in a can.

That's egg, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. That's not got much beans in it!  Better than beans, egg, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans.

I can hear a faint Viking chorus invoking the "Python Corollary to Godwin's Law" and featuring a certain Minnesotan meat by-product comestible in a can.

There's a couple of rashers of bacon there as well, hiding under the toast.  Mind you, those sausages look a bit suspect  .  .  .  .

The real affront to breakfast decency is/are Brit style hash browns. Sicky.

In the US the ones from MacDonalds are a bit like a deep fried Weetabix :)

Proper hash browns are light and fluffy. You put your eggs on them and break the yoke. Le yum!

• RMweb Premium

That's egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. That's not got much beans in it!  Better than beans, egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans.

I can hear a faint Viking chorus invoking the "Python Corollary to Godwin's Law" and featuring a certain Minnesotan, meat by-product, comestible in a can.

I'll check the menu next visit.

Maybe the photo suggests an excess of baked bean juice but it's like taking a photo of a model railway, it shows up faults you never notice in real life.

- Richard.

Baked beans for breakfast can be OK, but not with egg and especially with fried egg. However I remember my Mum's Saturday treat of bacon and beans-the cowboy breakfast. Served with "frilled" bread-spread with bacon leavings and done under the grill.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately I breakfasted out this morning so this thread is currently just about bearable (bacon, sausage, fried egg, half a grilled tomato, beans, and toast plus a pot of tea).

Not to me it isn't, as Early Risers folk will know. I last ate at 2100 yesterday, and am still awaiting my minor internal operation under local anaesthetic, at 1600 today. After a few hours in Recovery, it will be all of 24 hrs since I last ate or drank anything!

• RMweb Premium

I've done without food for 24 hours at a time, in fact up to 36 hours. I don't personally find it to be a problem. 48 hours or more is less comfortable.

• RMweb Gold

I've done without food for 24 hours at a time, in fact up to 36 hours. I don't personally find it to be a problem. 48 hours or more is less comfortable.

You may be a different shape from me. Nearly 6' and under 11 stone.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

eggs bacon and spam.

Archived