Please, Please, Please

• RMweb Premium

You may be a different shape from me. Nearly 6' and under 11 stone.

I use metric... I'm around 1.83m and 74kg (about 6' and 11.5 stone?)

• RMweb Gold

Bloody Vikings!

In my experience they don't seem quite so clever at breakfasts - so you might be right ;)

Not to me it isn't, as Early Risers folk will know. I last ate at 2100 yesterday, and am still awaiting my minor internal operation under local anaesthetic, at 1600 today. After a few hours in Recovery, it will be all of 24 hrs since I last ate or drank anything!

While obviously hoping the op goes well Ian I am really feeling for you on the matter of starvation - it's bad enough for a fasting blood test so your current feeling of being consigned to purgatory is wholly understandable and fully commiserated with.   Hopefully Sherry will fully understand your needs when you get home (I mean for dinner/breakfast of course)

• RMweb Gold

Not to me it isn't, as Early Risers folk will know. I last ate at 2100 yesterday, and am still awaiting my minor internal operation under local anaesthetic, at 1600 today. After a few hours in Recovery, it will be all of 24 hrs since I last ate or drank anything!

I hope you've got the right date - 03/03/2016 - don't get it mixed up !!

• RMweb Gold

Anyway, for Ian J's gratification, I did go almost 36 hrs without food, albeit I have had a drip (as distinct from always being one) inserted since just before the anaesthetic. And my sumptuous breakfast consisted of a black coffee and one bread roll w butter and jam. Thanks! And it was the lovely Delphine who took my blood pressure just now, she volunteering the numbers in Anglais. We did not discuss date formats.......

• RMweb Premium

Anyway, for Ian J's gratification, I did go almost 36 hrs without food, albeit I have had a drip (as distinct from always being one) inserted since just before the anaesthetic. And my sumptuous breakfast consisted of a black coffee and one bread roll w butter and jam. Thanks! And it was the lovely Delphine who took my blood pressure just now, she volunteering the numbers in Anglais. We did not discuss date formats.......

Hmm..... lovely French nurses, the mixing of languages and all this talk of dates - I feel a "Carry on ....." film in the making here.

Whats the French for "oooh Matron"

(Sorry, its been a rather long and wet then cold night shift).

• RMweb Premium

Glad to see you out of operation and recovering, with food :)

• RMweb Premium

Sounds goods to me - if you Google "hospitalised en France" you get stories of people who became brain dead from taking part in hospital trials.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds goods to me - if you Google "hospitalised en France" you get stories of people who became brain dead from taking part in hospital trials.

- Richard.

Try googling hospitalised in Greece for real nightmare stories. I feel so sorry for those good folk and they are getting *** all support IFAIK.

Anyway, I had no idea udders was having a full Brazilian and I wish him all the very best in every way. He has been a good 'mate' on here and long may that continue.

Phil (can only afford a Peruvian)

Nor telephone numbers, either, I've already ascertained!

Archived