The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Snow with you?

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Whats it doing with you?

We have been to Pontypridd today - came through some flurries - but the worst dusting was around Newent on the way home this afternoon and we now have a heavier dusting in Churchdown this evening....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

A couple of centimetres overnight here in Huddersfield but major roads were gritted so no real issues getting around by road. The M62 across the Pennines was open. From what I saw public transport was running pretty much to time.

There were a few heavy snow showers during the day, but it didn’t settle for long.

Considering the ‘amber warning’ this part of West Yorkshire was under we probably got away pretty lightly, but there’s heavy snow forecast for early tomorrow morning.

• RMweb Gold

I had some coming over shap last night on the logs, started around Carnforth, unfortunately just after the summit the locos cab heating packed in so we had a very cold trip to carlisle!

A few flurries throughout the day in crewe but by early afternoon anything settled had gone but by sundown it was beginning to stick again, my job is cancelled tonight due to the weather which I’m glad about as im supposed to drive a van to Machynlleth to work a train back

• RMweb Gold

Had a light coating of white fluffy stuff this morning down in the far southeast corner which disappeared during the day but seems to be returning at the moment.

Reading all the reports seems as though we were lucky as the worst of the snow, as mentioned above, hit the Medway/Maidstone area, passing north of Shepway. Wonder what tomorrow will bring us.......

Keith

We had a few decent snow showers during the day here in North Somerset, but once the sun came out and with the low humidity, any snow on the ground soon vanished; but then, just as the sun was setting, we had about 25 minutes of snow which left 1cm of the white stuff on everything, and so within half an hour we went from nothing to a Christmas card scene. 

• Like 4

Chap from Sweden writing on a website for old Landrovers has said.

What's wrong with you English people? we've had the worst snow fall in fifteen years - the airport is open, the trains are running and all the main roads are clear....

Dave Franks.

With an inch of snow outside and madam is out in her VW Touran visiting people in hospital.

Aren't decent winter tyres great but watch out for the 'MUPPETS'.

• Like 1

A flurries during today but the really interesting one for me was the snow yesterday morning with crystals with classic snowflake form up to 5mm across, I've never seen that size before. Pretty little things!

IMG_20180226_075823.jpg

• Like 12