Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

4 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

They'll turn up when they turn up, just be patient - its only a model train after all 😴

However, still holding out for a Porterbrook one..

I genuinely don’t understand why you think people are complaining about not having them yet? I’ve not seen a single moan, which for this site is remarkable.

Edited by aureol40012
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Amusing if non of the orders dispatched today are regular RMWebbers! I'm guessing we all fall into a minority of customers in the grand scheme of things.

Still looking very touch and go whether either of my Locomotion/DPS/Rails releases will get to me before I disappear for 3 weeks (worst timed trip ever....)

As I posted in the Locomotion Models thread - their reply to my query raised for a similar absences reason indicates their shipping of them expected from 27th. A few days more waiting on a 2-year process is hardly a material issue. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Break down, count in and QC checks are complete, the goods are 'officially' in inventory, and the first 800 or so parcels are pick and packed... we're getting there, and tracking updates with start zipping out if not tonight, certainly first thing :) We do appreciate both the excitement and the patience :) 

Oi, get back to work, you don't have time to be frolicking with the punters.

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bucoops said:

Oi, get back to work, you don't have time to be frolicking with the punters.

Indeed - he could have licked a few stamps in the time that post took...shocking...

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Indeed - he could have licked a few stamps in the time that post took...shocking...

Quite - some of us have been reduced to licking windows waiting for the delivery.

• Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Break down, count in and QC checks are complete, the goods are 'officially' in inventory, and the first 800 or so parcels are pick and packed... we're getting there, and tracking updates with start zipping out if not tonight, certainly first thing :) We do appreciate both the excitement and the patience :) 

Unlucky mine was 801!

• Funny 2

Apologies if this has been asked already but are the Rails/DPS exclusives far behind? As I’ve been charged from Rails but I can’t find an email, or when I log into there website there has been no update. In fact it says I haven’t paid the balance but my bank argues otherwise! I didn’t even get a warning that payment was due, like the customers ordering direct from AS seemed to get. Just a wonder as they have been non existent with any communication, I’ve only seen what you guys at AS have put out regarding them. And I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on them!

• RMweb Premium
Just now, XChris said:

Apologies if this has been asked already but are the Rails/DPS exclusives far behind?

As you're in Yorkshire - as is RoS, the pigeons won't have far to go to deliver them.....

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, McC said:

800? Amazing!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, XChris said:

Apologies if this has been asked already but are the Rails/DPS exclusives far behind? As I’ve been charged from Rails but I can’t find an email, or when I log into there website there has been no update. In fact it says I haven’t paid the balance but my bank argues otherwise! I didn’t even get a warning that payment was due, like the customers ordering direct from AS seemed to get. Just a wonder as they have been non existent with any communication, I’ve only seen what you guys at AS have put out regarding them. And I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on them!

Same for me,account status still balance outstanding,but i paid on 6th June.Once they get them im sure they will get the job sorted.Would be nice if they updated the site to show correct status.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, XChris said:

I contacted Rails about this and was reassured that what has happened to you is the norm and the fact that you have had the payment debited from your account means that as soon as they are despatched the order / payment status on their site will be updated

Is this the most anticipated model ever…?

Slightly out of my layout’s time frame of mid 1980s but I am very curious to see how they turn out having pre ordered two Scottish Class 37s from RoS.

30 minutes ago, 37501 said:

Is this the most anticipated model ever…?

Slightly out of my layout’s time frame of mid 1980s but I am very curious to see how they turn out having pre ordered two Scottish Class 37s from RoS.

There are few iconic classes that have not been covered properly (except until recent years AC electrics, and to a large degree we are getting there).

The 55 is probably the only major significant diesel loco that has not been done to 'modern' standards without glaring errors. The Lima model was always wrong, and the Bachmann model, despite being post 2000 (I think) just had too many compromises to really ever be regarded as a good model even from day 1. Not only the shape and ride height but weird choices of printed panel lines, and lack of tooling variations on the body shell.

Yes the Hornby 31 and 50 have their faults, but they are generally sound and are to modern spec. The Bachmann 37 is generally good (after several false starts); yes the AS model will be significantly better and have much more tooling variations, but in terms of shape and character, the gap between the Bachamnn and AS 37 (and the Hornby and AS 31) will be less than the leap with the Deltic.

This, I sense, is what is driving the Deltic interest, an iconic class never done justice in modern standards.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Same message just received down here in the southeast corner.

Assuming that DHL will receive/collect the package during the course of the day it will be making it's way down here overnight and should arrive around lunchtime tomorrow, normal time that the DHL courier appears.

Keith