Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

All quiet in my inbox…

Aside from the usual “would you like a bigger Willy?” / Rails trying to sell me something model rail related / The whiskey shop trying to sell me old expensive booze and a link to something stupid my wife thinks we should buy 🙄.

It is a bit like December the 23rd / 24th waiting for Christmas when you’re 5. 🤣

Soon… Soon…

Edited by Super-Sloth
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

something stupid my wife thinks we should buy

7 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

like a bigger Willy

Just a stab in the dark here,its not purple what your waiting for by chance,i guess the factory standard stay alive will be useful...........

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Well that's mine confirmed by DHL as due tomorrow🤩

When the real machines were withdrawn there were scenes on TV of grown men crying, I wonder if that'll be repeated when the models arrive?  I know I for one most certainly burst into tears back when I received my Bachmann one😉

56 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

All quiet in my inbox…

Aside from the usual “would you like a bigger Willy?” / Rails trying to sell me something model rail related / The whiskey shop trying to sell me old expensive booze and a link to something stupid my wife thinks we should buy 🙄.

It is a bit like December the 23rd / 24th waiting for Christmas when you’re 5. 🤣

Soon… Soon…

Your inbox sounds like mine 

24 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Well that's mine confirmed by DHL as due tomorrow🤩

When the real machines were withdrawn there were scenes on TV of grown men crying, I wonder if that'll be repeated when the models arrive?  I know I for one most certainly burst into tears back when I received my Bachmann one😉

I can ask Rob Fraser (for it is he kissing 55022 and crying) if he would be willing to be scanned by Accurascale to sell a “weeping Deltic basher” alongside the driver packs…..

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

I was a bit Hungover talking to Fran at Ally Pally one Saturday morning and on a whim just ordered it

Not sure what to do with it when it arrives

Looking forward to Tulyar and St Paddy though

Funny, I to was hung over talking to Fran on the Saturday morning too! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 97406 said:

The profile of the ledge under the cab windows (not sure if ‘nose’ is quite the right term) needs building up with a small piece of plasticard in the centre and some Milliput. The pic of the work in progress before I painted it has got lost in the outage, so I’ll get a pic of the spare body I have that is waiting  for the Shawplan screens and add it to this post. Here’s one of the 50s, which hopefully shows the amended profile.DSCF0355.jpg.cf9691dd3be1fe8911d14cbc13951c0c.jpgDSCF0357.jpg.7ebdd28c35a25d6453550b2303a4f916.jpg

ETA:

20220616_123056.jpg

Apologies to Accurascale for the thread hijack. Back onto Deltics, now :)

Nice work!!!

I looked at that job myself many times in the past but at the end of the day, I couldn't be arsed and I couldn't live with the error either and sold all the ones I had years ago.

I applaud you for sticking at it, looks well worth the effort!!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Hilux5972 said:

I have a funny feeling RMWeb may crash tomorrow when peoples locos start arriving. Just a hunch lol

I am someone not hoping for a notification...away until Monday on "family business".....

Chris

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Fran or McC will take it home for weekend and run it in mind....................................

I suspect...and I'm just guessing here...they may be a bit bored of running Deltics....anyway I've got a circle of rad 4 for when it is eventually delivered....fits on the dining room table....I'll need to test the sound obviously.....just saying.....

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I suspect...and I'm just guessing here...they may be a bit bored of running Deltics....anyway I've got a circle of rad 4 for when it is eventually delivered....fits on the dining room table....I'll need to test the sound obviously.....just saying.....

Come on when else are you going to have thousands of Deltics in one place ;)

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Come on when else are you going to have thousands of Deltics in one place ;)

Well....that's not very protoypical is it....I'm disappointed in you..... ;)

Edited by Gilbert
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bazil31 said:

I was a bit Hungover talking to Fran at Ally Pally one Saturday morning and on a whim just ordered it

Not sure what to do with it when it arrives

Looking forward to Tulyar and St Paddy though

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Funny, I to was hung over talking to Fran on the Saturday morning too! 🤣

So the moral of the story (if you want to keep your wallet happy) appears to be to avoid the Accurascale stand at shows when hung over.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1