Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

28 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

A fourth and final Deltic and this canvas print arrived this morning and have resulted in a 4 week ban from spending any more money on “Deltic sh1t”.  In the doghouse.

Ps, apparently this isn’t allowed on the dining room wall……

A21A4DAC-276D-4B28-BE48-E21524E6A483.jpeg

Doghouse?  That looks like Quorn & Woodhouse? 

Never mind the dining room - it belongs in the living room 😃

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

For info my second example - D9008 - suffered from the previously noted ‘wheel flat’ effect subsequently identified as being the result of glue or resin stuck on the tyre tread. Blessed as i am with a continuous run I have given my D9008 1 hour light in both directions and I am pleased to be able to say the ‘wheel flat’ had totally disappeared. No need for any scraping on this example at least. Both of mine are now silky smooth runners and negotiate my less than perfect track with no issues at all.

Love these models - undoubtedly the biggest leap in RTR fidelity and functionality in the last  10 years. Possibly the most significant advance in benchmark RTR standards since the Hornby Merchant Navy. :)

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Funnily enough in a previous life I worked for the Irish equivalent of 'Relate' (as did Patrick, actually!)

Perhaps we should take our customer/after sales service to a whole new sphere and offer "Relationship Counselling For Model Railway Enthusiasts" on how to deal with shiny Accurascale purchases constantly turning up?

"His collection is getting out of control, loco after loco. And the droning. Not from him, but from the models. Can't hear myself think and at the end of my tether!"

"He said something about a purple throbbing thing and I ran out of the house!" 

"Now he wants to buy a badger. I asked 'What's wrong with a dog??' I just dont understand!"

Cheers!

Fran 

And that post gives the reason why your customer relations policy works so well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Love these models - undoubtedly the biggest leap in RTR fidelity and functionality in the last  10 years. Possibly the most significant advance in benchmark RTR standards since the Hornby Merchant Navy. :)

I'd argue that the SLW 24 was the biggest leap in the last 10 years although the Deltics are, clearly, at least as good.  We can only hope that other manufacturers raise their game to the same level.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, johndon said:

I'd argue that the SLW 24 was the biggest leap in the last 10 years although the Deltics are, clearly, at least as good.  We can only hope that other manufacturers raise their game to the same level.

I thought about the 24 and I agree to a degree but I dont think of SLW as ‘mass market’. Put it this way, I think Accurascale will make Hornby and Bachmann look at their customer base and business model whereas i dont think they see SLW as a competitor. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Funnily enough in a previous life I worked for the Irish equivalent of 'Relate' (as did Patrick, actually!)

Perhaps we should take our customer/after sales service to a whole new sphere and offer "Relationship Counselling For Model Railway Enthusiasts" on how to deal with shiny Accurascale purchases constantly turning up?

"His collection is getting out of control, loco after loco. And the droning. Not from him, but from the models. Can't hear myself think and at the end of my tether!"

"Now he wants to buy a badger. I asked 'What's wrong with a dog??' I just dont understand!"

Cheers!

Fran 

Ha, brilliant, such a service would be in demand!

On a more serious note, respect for working for such a worthwhile organisation (and for once I’m not talking about Accurascale!).

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

Wives? No problem. Wait until you have 'Matron' to deal with!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Take a tip from the motor trade and throw in a large bouquet with every shiny new toy😄

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edna Clouds said:

Wives? No problem. Wait until you have 'Matron' to deal with!

The way my wife is making a name for herself I think it won't be long until she is the matron too.

48 minutes ago, Ryan91 said:

@Accurascale Fran Is there any news on when the overseas orders will start dispatching?

The question was asked on their You Tube channel and A/S said there that they would begin sending them out by the end of this week. Don’t know if that is still the case or not.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to DHL's notification process I was able to head off the driver before he rang the doorbell - OH is WFH in the back bedroom - don't know if I've got away with it yet. Now just got to wait for her to go out so The Black Watch can make it's way into the loft.

Have to say the box wasn't as big / heavy as I was expecting, given some of the earlier comments.

• Friendly/supportive 1

The feeling of the box size and weight certainly wears off after you've lifted it a few times.

Had my 55005 running round at the club last night and it preformed exceptionally. Very impressed with the sound as the room was quite noizy and it effectively drowned out all other sound decoders that were in use.

Think I may tweak the acceleration and deceleration values tho and I'm tempted to slow the top speed. I tried opening it up to full 128 speed steps once and was worried it would fall off on the curves! It was very happy romping round set at 80 speed steps for around 2 hours though. Pausing to spin it around so either direction got nicely ran in.

For future releases, I would like a FP white cabbed example 😅

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

The feeling of the box size and weight certainly wears off after you've lifted it a few times.

Having got used to the weight of the Deltic I very nearly inadvertently flung a Kernow Warship that I was lifting from the layout. Almost the opposite extreme, it so light in comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

I have a different problem Fran.   Always been a Western Region modeller, so if a diesel was not a Hydraulic, I was not interested (Class 37 and 116/117/121/122 DMUs excepted). 

Anyway then I received my Accurascale Deltic.  Something strange is happening, I love it and can feel myself being drawn to the dark side.  I'm even thinking of buying a book on the Deltics.

What advice can you give to someone who is clearly having an identity crisis ?   

For the record, your Deltic has exceeded my expectations in terms of looks, running, sound, value for money.        

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

Thanks to DHL's notification process I was able to head off the driver before he rang the doorbell - OH is WFH in the back bedroom - don't know if I've got away with it yet. Now just got to wait for her to go out so The Black Watch can make it's way into the loft.

Have to say the box wasn't as big / heavy as I was expecting, given some of the earlier comments.

Well today marks the third Friday in succession that I’ll need to be taking the Accurascale cardboard mega box to Sainsbury’s skip. This follows the arrival of 55011..the Gateshead Galloper. It’s also a bit of a leap of faith for me as it’s a sound version and I’m dc only. Well yes it does work well enough for now to keep me out of mischief on a less than perfect July day. The new tabletop is 8x4 and controlled by a Gaugemaster Combi. It requires delicate tweaking but pleases me well enough to decide to invest in a modest dcc controller in order to achieve the Deltic’s full sound potential,always remembering to switch out the dc unit when on dcc. I also have a new Bachmann 47 sound as an added incentive btw.

Whatever did we do before D.( Deltic ) Day.?  On Monday,my alternative pursuit is to be the fulfilment of my grandson’s 16 th birthday present which is a day at the current England v India Test Match at Edgbaston…weather and earlier result permitting…..for grandpa,son and grandson…..three generations. For now,apparently,rain has stopped play.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Well today marks the third Friday in succession that I’ll need to be taking the Accurascale cardboard mega box to Sainsbury’s skip. This follows the arrival of 55011..the Gateshead Galloper. It’s also a bit of a leap of faith for me as it’s a sound version and I’m dc only. Well yes it does work well enough for now to keep me out of mischief on a less than perfect July day. The new tabletop is 8x4 and controlled by a Gaugemaster Combi. It requires delicate tweaking but pleases me well enough to decide to invest in a modest dcc controller in order to achieve the Deltic’s full sound potential,always remembering to switch out the dc unit when on dcc. I also have a new Bachmann 47 sound as an added incentive btw.

Whatever did we do before D.( Deltic ) Day.?  On Monday,my alternative pursuit is to be the fulfilment of my grandson’s 16 th birthday present which is a day at the current England v India Test Match at Edgbaston…weather and earlier result permitting…..for grandpa,son and grandson…..three generations. For now,apparently,rain has stopped play.

They are back out now - India 73-4...I hope it lasts until Monday!

Edited by Gilbert
  • Thanks 1

Received my last two Deltics today. 

RSG first to arrive last week followed by two today (MELD and RNF). No external bits missing off all three apart from the speaker securing screws which i have submitted a warranty request for today.

apart from that folks, a MASSIVE thumbs up yet again to the team for researching, producing and bringing to the market what i consider to be the definative Deltic to date. 

Look forward to the Class 31, 37 and recently announced Class 89 Badger of which i have several on order of each loco.

Top job Fran et al

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Look forward to the Class 31, 37 and recently announced Class 89 Badger of which i have several on order of each loco.

So more 89's than actually existed in real life?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

In a previous post about Ballymoss I wasn’t sure if the stay alive was working, as all lights & sound died as soon as you take the loco off the track.

I waited till I got 55002 to make a comparison and it’s the same. Both my locos  had been running around the layout for 30 minutes plus so stay alive should be fully charged. 
Can anyone confirm that theirs runs on for a few seconds with lights and sound running please before I contact support?

thanks

Stu

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

In a previous post about Ballymoss I wasn’t sure if the stay alive was working, as all lights & sound died as soon as you take the loco off the track.

I waited till I got 55002 to make a comparison and it’s the same. Both my locos  had been running around the layout for 30 minutes plus so stay alive should be fully charged. 
Can anyone confirm that theirs runs on for a few seconds with lights and sound running please before I contact support?

thanks

Stu

It certainly should Stu, once you are running on DCC (and with a compatible DCC chip)

4 minutes ago, McC said:

It certainly should Stu, once you are running on DCC (and with a compatible DCC chip)

Thanks McC for the quick reply (unbelievable service), is the stay alive stand alone? Or can it be activated via a CV?

My track isn’t that dirty so it’s not causing any issues at the moment but still nice to have just in case. 

Stu

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, McC said:

(and with a compatible DCC chip)

a very good point, unless the decoder has stay alive enabled on one of the pins of the 21 pin socket it’s not going to work. What decoders are you running?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

a very good point, unless the decoder has stay alive enabled on one of the pins of the 21 pin socket it’s not going to work. What decoders are you running?

It’s the factory fitted DCC Sound on both locos. 

• Like 1