Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

How in heavens name am I supposed to smuggle that one in?

C’mon Guys…..

Easy, get rid of partner and any other family, use the box to bury them under the patio, then keep the house for yourself. That way there's only yourself to blame for having no money for the food, mortgage/rent, fuel, etc... 😉

(and yes I am kidding, in case anyone actually think this is the right thing to do...)

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Easy, get rid of partner and any other family, use the box to bury them under the patio, then keep the house for yourself. That way there's only yourself to blame for having no money for the food, mortgage/rent, fuel, etc... 😉

(and yes I am kidding, in case anyone actually think this is the right thing to do...)

Oh… you were just kidding?… whoops.

• Funny 5

16 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Superb ,nice to see anything that is done well and with pride these days,you guys must be pleased with all the effort you have put into this.

Wow that box looks a bit excessive to me, post wise most models fall in the Royal Mail small parcel size not so sure about that.

• Funny 1

I recently buckled and ordered my second, Nimbus, named after a racehorse, however just looked up 'Nimbus', it's latin for dark cloud. Hope it's not a premonition!!, maybe it foretells my wife's reaction when she finds out I've got two arriving. So Fran and all at Accura, if you can send mine in one box I can blame you for using excess packaging for one.

• Funny 3

All this wringing hands about what the wife thinks….maybe accurascale can Chuck some balls in those big boxes ;) 

Remember , attack is the best form of defence , so go after her last big purchase 

Edited by rob D2
  • Funny 4

12 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

All this wringing hands about what the wife thinks….maybe accurascale can Chuck some balls in those big boxes ;) 

Remember , attack is the best form of defence , so go after her last big purchase 

From some of the comments on this thread, perhaps 'balls' will be thrown into the box after the wives find out!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

You allow her big purchases?  What was that about balls? 🤣

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Maybe Fran and Co can just rebadge the Deltic as a 37 and save all that new tooling????

Are Rocket Railways on here?

You mean you guys want separate tooling for the 37??? What!?!?!

Oops... 

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Brave, brave, brave. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

I'm very hesitant to criticise as such but I generally want the packaging to be as small as possible whilst still doing it's job. This at first glance do appear somewhat overkill compared to the good Dapol/recent Heljan / rapido  packaging. That being said I am aware this is particularly heavy and best to err on the side of caution. It will just require a serious amount of room based on all the models I have ordered! 

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, E100 said:

I'm very hesitant to criticise as such but I generally want the packaging to be as small as possible whilst still doing it's job. This at first glance do appear somewhat overkill compared to the good Dapol/recent Heljan / rapido  packaging. That being said I am aware this is particularly heavy and best to err on the side of caution. It will just require a serious amount of room based on all the models I have ordered! 

Based on extensive drop / crush / hit with hammer testing, these boxes are 'just right' for the mass of the contents. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, McC said:

Based on extensive drop / crush / hit with hammer testing, these boxes are 'just right' for the mass of the contents

I can see the benefit of the shrinky wrap around the HAAs too to reduce small bits disappearing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2