Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

I appreciate that this is a long shot, and it may not even be allowed, if so please feel free to delete, but I missed out on the purple one and so if anyone has changed their mind and wants to sell theirs when it comes, then I’d love to hear from you!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, amwells said:

I appreciate that this is a long shot, and it may not even be allowed, if so please feel free to delete, but I missed out on the purple one and so if anyone has changed their mind and wants to sell theirs when it comes, then I’d love to hear from you!

there is also an ‘email me if available’ button on our site for each sold out item. If some units become available due to orders not completing we’ll email that list first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, SHMD said:

This is useful info because I now have somewhere to safely store me nadgers for when the misses learns that I've been ordering more Accurascale stuff!

Kev.

If they weigh the same as one of these Deltics, how many did you actually buy?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, McC said:

there is also an ‘email me if available’ button on our site for each sold out item. If some units become available due to orders not completing we’ll email that list first. 

Thank you. I have entered my details there a long time ago - conscious that people may have paid deposits that they don’t want to lose so this path may be more fruitful (though I am not holding any breath!). 

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, McC said:

I'd be interested to know how many have clicked that button and whether or not it justifies a second run. I'm confident you'd sell every single one in short order but that goes for everything you guys make!

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, E100 said:

I'd be interested to know how many have clicked that button and whether or not it justifies a second run. I'm confident you'd sell every single one in short order but that goes for everything you guys make!

it certainly helps us determine next runs. At the moment there are 47 people on the waiting list for the purple beastie. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Model Rail have pictured the inside of the model with the body removed for their ‘preview’ this month. This is the first view I’ve seen of the works and it’s given me a lot of reassurance that fitting aftermarket sound should be straightforward. In fact it’s got my finger hovering over a third purchase and swapping out my Legoman chip from a ‘withdrawn’ Bachmann Deltic ……

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, McC said:

it certainly helps us determine next runs. At the moment there are 47 people on the waiting list for the purple beastie

Im one, BUT i would swap a purple slot for two tone green with WIPACs as per her brief post porterbrook career if you did a split batch for the next run (only difference body colour, all detail parts the same...!!!)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, McC said:

it certainly helps us determine next runs. At the moment there are 47 people on the waiting list for the purple beastie. 

image.gif.a4a9aa2296374190e58bddb1ceb809c6.gif

• Funny 4

36 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Im one, BUT i would swap a purple slot for two tone green with WIPACs as per her brief post porterbrook career if you did a split batch for the next run (only difference body colour, all detail parts the same...!!!)

Do one in GNER. What the hell... 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, guarded said:

How are the driver/secondman figures for the cab coming along?

I’ve been using these chaps for most of my diesels

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/scenery/products/artitec-drivers-x3-painted

I know they are primarily for bus/coach driving but are excellent value for nicely detailed and well painted figures, with arms actually doing something!

I still have a few in stock but am waiting for the AS offerings as well, I do occasionally fit a second man reading the racing news 😄

Edited by boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Re Box size, I can understand AS being cautious - afterall they will have to deal with replacements and lost revenue if models come in damaged, and ultimately VERY disappointed customers if there are no replacements to supply. Theoretically the more foam around the model the more it is cushioned from shocks. There is a LOT of fine detail especially on the bogies and nose horns, and a lot of fine finish that will ideally not have any rub marks on.

Yes its annoying to have to store box(s) of that size (either with or without loco), but if it does the job, then all is well.

Remember the first run of Dapol 68s had problems of pushing through the plastic tray due to their weight if dropped end-on in transit, so even a box of Dapol's size was not perfect when first attempted (and the fix is basically a bit of expanded poly packing the ends...)

Some of the cameras (heavy cameras) I have bought in the past are packaged with an elastic “rubbery cling film” material which is free to wobble around within a card top and bottom section which means the box can be reasonably small but any shocks or knocks just get absorbed by the suspension it gives, seems to work.

It would seem that as well as the purple Deltic the most popular are the latter year versions which I have ordered although my first choice was already sold out and Green versions with the small yellow warning panel which I personally think look the best in Green.

I was around in the Deltic era and they were my favorite loco I remember going to the unveiling event with my Dad at the NRM when 002 was painted back into green for its final year of service and being slightly disappointed that they hadn't done anything with the plated over headcode, anyway I have bought that in memory of my dad.

Doing a bit a research when deciding which blue one's to buy I had forgotten that the Finsbury Park race horses didn't carry the white window surrounds to the end but lost them when they were transferred from FP in 81.

Of course the key thing for me will be imperfections and marks above the overall detail as they really annoy and coming from my last modelling period with Lima models no imperfections were like an optional extra you very rarely got.

Edited by 40002
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Some of the cameras (heavy cameras) I have bought in the past are packaged with an elastic “rubbery cling film” material which is free to wobble around within a card top and bottom section which means the box can be reasonably small but any shocks or knocks just get absorbed by the suspension it gives, seems to work.

Interesting approach. Any pictures? Of the packaging?

I guess the key difference is that the external finish of a camera is more robus, and that the fragiles are internal. Versus delicate finish and fragile external detail on a model.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, McC said:

Having missed out on 55018 I'd certainly be up for a second run of that, or any Finsbury Park liveried racehorses...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It is also important to remember that these travel many, many miles on the high seas in a container, then get put through a postal/parcels system (with a decent percentage internationally), stood on in courier vans etc. At the end of the day they're hand made models with a lot of extra detail, and seeing so many comments on threads about "detail bits left rolling around the box" on other locos, we have gone for the "belt and braces" solution. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Being in Australia I am happy with the size of the box to keep it safe. Same when my A42 arrived in one piece.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 40002 said:

It would seem that as well as the purple Deltic the most popular are the latter year versions which I have ordered although my first choice was already sold out and Green versions with the small yellow warning panel which I personally think look the best in Green.

Don't forget that Accurascale has probably not produced the same number of each model. They may also have given themselves some scope to change liveries on the same tooling combinations depending on early pre-orders before specfic numbers of each version were locked in with the factory, to better reflect what they expected to be demand.

The purple monstrosity has the WIPAC lights and so is unique in the first run so any underestimation of demand couldn't be countered by increasing the production run.

Who knows if any of this supposition is correct - and I wouldn't expect Accurascale to tell us - but I don't necessarily think that overall demand for each livery variant can be judged on which are sold out and which not.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, McC said:

I bought one out of sympathy, afterall someone had to buy a purple one.  

I wonder who bought the other ?

:-)

As for the 47, out of sympathy, that’s probably me under 47 different drunken aliases, to make you guys feel better about making such a monster, do the numbers at the end of the email address increment correctly or did I skip a few ?

😬

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4