Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

8 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Anything’s possible in my little parallel universe. 25s and 40s survived in service just into the 90s and standard gauge is 4 foot 1 1/2 inches!

Speak for yourself, in mine the powers that be decided to settle the gauge wars by averaging out 4.8 1/2 gauge and 7ft. This everything is 5ft. 9in wide at least. 

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Here’s a pic that’s close enough to get an impression of the later IC livery. 

BR ScotRail: Class 55 Deltic Diesel Locomotive 'Ballymoss' (fiction)

IMO Its actually pretty good. Better with the IC red stripe tho...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RozM said:

IMO Its actually pretty good. Better with the IC red stripe tho...

If it was based on Intercity executive though, surely the grey would have cut across that big nose and yellow extended along the nose sides and perhaps above the cab windows yellow 😉

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, GordonC said:

If it was based on Intercity executive though, surely the grey would have cut across that big nose and yellow extended along the nose sides and perhaps above the cab windows yellow 😉

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find one in Executive, but I think it would match your description. 

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Anything’s possible in my little parallel universe. 25s and 40s survived in service just into the 90s and standard gauge is 4 foot 1 1/2 inches!

Welcome to my world of unmitigated chaos….

(lots of apologies to wh auden for my poetry).

yes it is really an Intercity class 56… I have a few things in interesting colours.

I recently picked up this class 55 that I dont think Accurascale have on their road map.

4B84A153-411C-4AE6-9D03-6CEEA49B672D.jpeg.4a7b48a6f0cbeb49ec33dc387b8c0a07.jpeg

I may add headcode discs at some point too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

57 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

yes it is really an Intercity class 56… I have a few things in interesting colours.

I recently picked up this class 55 that I dont think Accurascale have on their road map.

Well an IC 56 could be quite likely for real well as 69 since we already have a Large Logo and a BR green one. Send it to GBRF🤣. But don't show a Deltic to GBRF they might get idea's we don't want well at least idea's I don't want.

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

By the time that image would have emerged, its number could have been 55422 or even 97501 if it were an rtc loco… though it could have been moved to the WoE mainline to negate the need for 159’s… and let the class 50’s become a dedicated RES fleet of diesels for mail services…

ah fiction, I can talk BS all day long, and still someone will seek to correct me.

Wheres those generic BR mk123’s gone ?

Interesting one.

the /4 subclass was usually applied to ETH fitted locos. How comes the Deltics weren't so numbered when they were ETH fitted? Was it because they were ETH fitted prior to TOPS (similar to the 50s which of course were built with ETH), or because the entire class was so fitted, thereby negating the need to differentiate between class members?

(though the entire Class 91 was refurbished but still became a new sub-class....)

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

Interesting one.

the /4 subclass was usually applied to ETH fitted locos. How comes the Deltics weren't so numbered when they were ETH fitted? Was it because they were ETH fitted prior to TOPS (similar to the 50s which of course were built with ETH), or because the entire class was so fitted, thereby negating the need to differentiate between class members?

(though the entire Class 91 was refurbished but still became a new sub-class....)

There was only really the 37/4s and 47/4s and I think that was a coincidence as numbers up to 3xx were already taken.

Beyond that there weren’t any other /4s. There were however 45/1s.

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I quite like that, and it still looks more deltic-shaped than Bachmann’s. 

29 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

There was only really the 37/4s and 47/4s and I think that was a coincidence as numbers up to 3xx were already taken.

Beyond that there weren’t any other /4s. There were however 45/1s.

Roy

wasn't there a 31/4 as well...!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, scots region said:

Speak for yourself, in mine the powers that be decided to settle the gauge wars by averaging out 4.8 1/2 gauge and 7ft. This everything is 5ft. 9in wide at least. 

That's be closer for Irish railway models. Or Irish Railway Models.

8 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Good call, and again the numbers up to 3xx were  already used. 

Roy

Ok so that would explain the /4 specifically.

But it is still odd at some level that ETH deltics were not given a subclass, which i guess logically would have been 55/1.

Then again should steam-heat isolated/removed locos in preservation be 55/2.

I must say this is one magnificent model - congratulations AS - I'm still trying to get over the brake chains and etched windscreen surrounds & see-through cab footsteps (what?!) And that impressive box! Ah, but I'm a Western Region modeller so don't really have an excuse to...........................wait a minute, what's this approaching Wootton Bassett Junction on its way to Cardiff on 12th October 1975........?

106008856_751012_55003(Down)WoottonBassettJcnp.jpg.d386d322efd028568c9fa0f30bc964ee.jpg

And back to London (Little Somerford I think, just west of WB Jc ).........

1290513701_751012_55003(Up)NrWoottonBassettJcnp.jpg.c477abf7a213ba2512d75ec3f22aebe2.jpg

Good job AS don't do 55003 'Meld' with glass headcodes/triangular cab side windows or I could be seriously tempted to..............oh, they do. Fancy that! (And yes, actually I do!!)

PS Surely the first sight of 'domino' headcode panels on the Western Region?

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2022 at 18:19, Roy Langridge said:

Good call, and again the numbers up to 3xx were  already used. 

Roy

And a class 40/4… even went large logo blue, not once, but twice.

cant find any eth in it though, but its got an eth jumper fitted for the occasion…

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

I was wondering if the raft of photoshop ideas would soon show up. Things like the strips need to match the width and height of stock done but its heading in that direction. Just depends if there is the demand for a range of what ifs'.... 

Well Irish Railway Models did their own version for April Fools day 2020.

Screenshot_20220513-222615_Chrome.jpg.6428cac271de40b08b20d45323c26d95.jpg

Nearly happened in NIR livery for real.  

May be there is a project there for my two Lima Deltics.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

On the subject of boxes,i expect the locomotive box size to be much of a muchness as far as Deltic 92 and 37 ? Do you guys happen to know the dimentions as so far the draws in the loft for the railway are spot on for wagons,and the boxes that you post in split and protect the floor as its varnished to keep it nice.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

At the risk of being ridiculed by some of the less friendly posters on here, I'm going to dare to ask the question everyone secretly wants to ask.

Are they nearly here yet?

In Australia ridiculing your mates is a common practice, indeed we make it an art form.

If I said something now would you consider me a friend?  :)

Regards,

Craig W

PS I have to wait for mine to get to the UK and then come here so don't feel so bad.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

At the risk of being ridiculed by some of the less friendly posters on here, I'm going to dare to ask the question everyone secretly wants to ask.

Are they nearly here yet?

They've been on the seas since April 8th, 36 days ago, it takes about a month to two months for a ship to get from China to the UK, so by that simple reckoning I'd say its perhaps in the channel, if not in a queue somewhere. Fran says about two weeks and those estimates are generally reliable  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

On the subject of boxes,i expect the locomotive box size to be much of a muchness as far as Deltic 92 and 37 ? Do you guys happen to know the dimentions as so far the draws in the loft for the railway are spot on for wagons,and the boxes that you post in split and protect the floor as its varnished to keep it nice.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

Good old IKEA 👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, scots region said:

They've been on the seas since April 8th, 36 days ago, it takes about a month to two months for a ship to get from China to the UK, so by that simple reckoning I'd say its perhaps in the channel, if not in a queue somewhere. Fran says about two weeks and those estimates are generally reliable  

As its Mid May now, I reckon allowing for what time is left on the high seas, queuing at docks, customs, travel to A/S HQ, sorting and dispatchng to customers etc etc, realistically i think the first boxes will land on customers doorsteps early June...

Fran/Stephen - Do the Railsofsheffields/Locomotion/DPS exclusive models go directly to them or do they all come via A/S HQ for sorting?