Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

I can see the benefit of the shrinky wrap around the HAAs too to reduce small bits disappearing.

Yes, the peel-off shrink wrap.  I thought that was a pretty nice idea, too.

Pete T.

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It is also important to remember that these travel many, many miles on the high seas in a container, then get put through a postal/parcels system (with a decent percentage internationally), stood on in courier vans etc. At the end of the day they're hand made models with a lot of extra detail, and seeing so many comments on threads about "detail bits left rolling around the box" on other locos, we have gone for the "belt and braces" solution. 

Cheers!

Fran 

That's fair enough and as I said, I do understand the erring on the side of caution.

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, McC said:

Based on extensive drop / crush / hit with hammer testing, these boxes are 'just right' for the mass of the contents. 

And from some other posts, that is all for just when the wife finds it...

Roy

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

All this wringing hands about what the wife thinks….maybe accurascale can Chuck some balls in those big boxes ;) 

Remember , attack is the best form of defence , so go after her last big purchase 

I bet this arrives the same day as the MNA Encore book set! I'm going to tell her its beer..............

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, McC said:

Based on extensive drop / crush / hit with hammer testing, these boxes are 'just right' for the mass of the contents. 

hit with hammer, I knew Hermes were bad but…

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

I don't know what some are on about, I got the Rapido APT-E in without too many scars ......

Ow... 😉

• Friendly/supportive 1

52 minutes ago, XChris said:

hit with hammer, I knew Hermes were bad but…

I have a parcel of modelling bits en route right now, email notifications are labelled 'EVRi (formerly Hermes)'........hopefully not as in 'EVRi parcel damaged'......!?🤨

(In fairness my family hasn't had any issues with Hermes deliveries, although we're aware of its reputation - perhaps that's why the rebrand was necessary.......)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

So the only test left for the box is where the wife of the owner looses the plot and hes forced to use it to shield behind it seems,lets see it  survive a blow or two with a frying pan,are they heat proof just incase its an iron and its still up to temperature..........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, McC said:

This is useful info because I now have somewhere to safely store me nadgers for when the misses learns that I've been ordering more Accurascale stuff!

Kev.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Look you have all got this wrong. Order the loco when first announced and pay for it then. When it arrives you can claim you won it in a competition and that your wife / husband / SO is welcome to check your recent bank and credit card statements to confirm there that has been no spend.

As the advert says, simples....

Or you just get an understanding wife like mine who gave up many years ago moaning about my railway spend...

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, rembrow said:

Brave, brave, brave. 

In a kamikaze style.

I was talking to her in the bedroom today ( or the Paul Daniels room as I call it because that’s “ where the magic happens “) about how expensive bachby models had become and if you want one with tinted windows and bass it’s like £300…. I was expecting “ but it’s your hobby enjoy yourself “, but I got nothing….not a sausage ….

• Friendly/supportive 1

Well, after 3 1/2 years since the announcement I finally succumbed and ordered the Duke of Wellington Regiment last night. Just in time, it seems the sound variant of this has now sold out.
Locomotion still has sound varients and Accurascale The Fife and Forfar Yeomanry so if you want FYE sound I'd buy one now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Look you have all got this wrong. Order the loco when first announced and pay for it then. When it arrives you can claim you won it in a competition and that your wife / husband / SO is welcome to check your recent bank and credit card statements to confirm there that has been no spend.

Hmm.. failed.

I actually did win a DB class 90 (Backbone of the economy respray)… 

when it arrived she didn't believe me.

Actually it was my daughter who entered for it on a Twitter competition, so really its hers…

I still got to feel the pain… as my little ones says…

“Mummy hugs me, but she moans at you.”… smart kid.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, guarded said:

How are the driver/secondman figures for the cab coming along?

Very well indeed, more news on that and photos in the coming days :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Re Box size, I can understand AS being cautious - afterall they will have to deal with replacements and lost revenue if models come in damaged, and ultimately VERY disappointed customers if there are no replacements to supply. Theoretically the more foam around the model the more it is cushioned from shocks. There is a LOT of fine detail especially on the bogies and nose horns, and a lot of fine finish that will ideally not have any rub marks on.

Yes its annoying to have to store box(s) of that size (either with or without loco), but if it does the job, then all is well.

Remember the first run of Dapol 68s had problems of pushing through the plastic tray due to their weight if dropped end-on in transit, so even a box of Dapol's size was not perfect when first attempted (and the fix is basically a bit of expanded poly packing the ends...)

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Re Box size, I can understand AS being cautious - afterall they will have to deal with replacements and lost revenue if models come in damaged, and ultimately VERY disappointed customers if there are no replacements to supply. Theoretically the more foam around the model the more it is cushioned from shocks. There is a LOT of fine detail especially on the bogies and nose horns, and a lot of fine finish that will ideally not have any rub marks on.

Yes its annoying to have to store box(s) of that size (either with or without loco), but if it does the job, then all is well.

Remember the first run of Dapol 68s had problems of pushing through the plastic tray due to their weight if dropped end-on in transit, so even a box of Dapol's size was not perfect when first attempted (and the fix is basically a bit of expanded poly packing the ends...)

Ive always found Accurascale good in the packaging…

my HUOs were delivered over the garden gate, 3m metres clear over the 2m gate and left out in the rain to add to it….

The pictures are now history, but each HUO arrived, survived and still on my layout today, not a mark on them or the box.

I reckon if DPD try lobbing Deltics over the gate I may need to fix the driveway and the driver may need to check for a hernia, but I suspect the models will be fine.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1