Model Rail / Heljan Class 11 0-6-0DE

Hippo

• RMweb Gold
On 09/08/2022 at 20:53, Wickham Green too said:

Anything to report on the class 12 yet ? 

Model Rail have received at this stage decorated samples of two of the Class 11s only (LMS black and BR Blue)  and state that the class 12s are still in progress. 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 05/08/2022 at 11:20, Pillar said:

The ICI livery version doesn't seem to be listed in the new Model Rail. I wonder if this one has been dropped?

It would appear that MR-514 has been changed from "ICI Grey / Orange, 1904 Perkin" to be "red/white MP228 Derek Crouch"

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, andytrains said:

The cab handrails on these appear to be quite chunky. Wire would have been better, if they are plastic.

D12040 at Crewe.

D12040 at Crewe.JPG

It’s Heljan, they are plastic 😁

It’s just very difficult to get plastic handrails that stay straight like wire.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 26/11/2022 at 17:13, boxbrownie said:

BTW that’s what I have done on two of my Heljan locos, one came with a handrail snapped in the middle.

The first releases of the original Class 47 had plastic cab door handrails, and came in a rigid polystyrene foam tray - I mail ordered a pre-owned blue 1932 some years back and when it arrived the model's movement in the tray had wrecked the handrails on one side. I replaced them with nickel-silver wire all round and it looked all the better for it. I still have it and will renumber it as 1662 Isambard Kingdom Brunel in due course, the only other 47 the bodyshell/livery is suitable for (1589 had a different boiler port, the other early blue ones didn't have Serck shutters).

I'll be interested to see what 15106 looks like with number plates in green with 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' in Egyptian Serif style - if that is how it will be finished as it's absolutely filthy in the supplied image and that seems to have been their standard condition! Also when these six locos lost their number plates - I've tried to find out but nothing so far. It may have been during overhaul when the lettering also gave way to the later BR emblem (I don't think the early crest was ever seen on these but it seems there simply aren't enough photos to be certain!)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 08/03/2023 at 18:43, Halvarras said:

The first releases of the original Class 47 had plastic cab door handrails, and came in a rigid polystyrene foam tray - I mail ordered a pre-owned blue 1932 some years back and when it arrived the model's movement in the tray had wrecked the handrails on one side. I replaced them with nickel-silver wire all round and it looked all the better for it. I still have it and will renumber it as 1662 Isambard Kingdom Brunel in due course, the only other 47 the bodyshell/livery is suitable for (1589 had a different boiler port, the other early blue ones didn't have Serck shutters).

I'll be interested to see what 15106 looks like with number plates in green with 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' in Egyptian Serif style - if that is how it will be finished as it's absolutely filthy in the supplied image and that seems to have been their standard condition! Also when these six locos lost their number plates - I've tried to find out but nothing so far. It may have been during overhaul when the lettering also gave way to the later BR emblem (I don't think the early crest was ever seen on these but it seems there simply aren't enough photos to be certain!)

Here's 15107 in ex-works black with early crest and number plates.

BR15107.jpg.8deb8c99a3fc2646f2e332abd7bf2860.jpg

But of course that was the unique Brush/Petter one built in 1949.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike_Walker said:

Here's 15107 in ex-works black with early crest and number plates.

BR15107.jpg.8deb8c99a3fc2646f2e332abd7bf2860.jpg

But of course that was the unique Brush/Petter one built in 1949.

Oh yes, 15107 the oddball - I should have remembered this one as there's a photo of it actually shunting something (!) in Bristol in an old Bradford Barton slim softback book on my bookshelf......thanks for the reminder 😉!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

These models have been so long off the radar that I completely forgot about them !😬

Maybe we'll see a pre production sample at Warley .

Pretty sure there was a painted sample at last years Warley

• Agree 1

On 08/03/2023 at 17:16, LittleRedTrain said:

Has anyone heard any updates as to when the order book will open for these? All seems to have gone a bit quiet since the painted samples went on display.
(I presume it hasn't already, will be annoyed if I've missed it, my Lima model is long overdue a replacement!).

I think this is the disappointing thing.  I wanted to order mine last year and was prepared to hand the cash over for it. But being effectively limited editions I am sure they will sell like hotcakes and I might miss the chance.

Please get the order book opened for us.

1 minute ago, Covkid said:

I think this is the disappointing thing.  I wanted to order mine last year and was prepared to hand the cash over for it. But being effectively limited editions I am sure they will sell like hotcakes and I might miss the chance.

Please get the order book opened for us.

While in  money saving mode , I decided to do a model rail subscription. 

It halved the cost of the magazines for the first 6 months plus gave you favourable rates for certain models .

Eg the PWM advertised for £152.00 so a few Bob to be saved

• Like 1