Model Rail / Heljan Class 11 0-6-0DE

Hippo

47 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Model Rail direct.

Which happens to be "Kernow" as they are handling the customer sales/final distribution of Model Rail magazines models, that is my believing as to what is happening 🤔

Please feel free to correct me if that is inaccurate. 

56 minutes ago, johnd said:

Which happens to be "Kernow" as they are handling the customer sales/final distribution of Model Rail magazines models, that is my believing as to what is happening 🤔

I think it's Kenow too as you you try to create an account for purchase on both websites (using the same e-mail address) I think you get a warning that the account exists already. Also I think if you change your password on one site it affects the other too.

Edited by 5Dublo2
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, johnd said:

The Model Rail Offers site looks just like the Kernow site and, like you, I believe that Kernow handles the orders. The phone number is different though and the phone was answered “Model Rail office”. Of course, a member of Kernow’s staff might answer the different phone number on behalf of Model Rail. On the one hand, the chap who answered the phone volunteered the information that the model was in Denmark and should be available soon but on the other hand showed no interest when I mentioned that I had had difficulty subscribing to the magazine. Unravel all that if you can; I can’t.

Model Rail have never made a secret that the website is maintained by Kernow, in fact the first line on their About Us page it even states "You are viewing our Model Rail Offers website which is operated by Kernow Model Rail Centre on behalf of H Bauer Publishing, part of Bauer Media UK"

And when you order anything from Kernow, on your email receipt it says "items marked "MR" are supplied on behalf of Bauer Media"

On 18/01/2024 at 09:11, Southernman46 said:

I ask again the BR blue Class 12 MR-605 seems to MIA from the plan - can anyone comment - any Model Rail people on here ??

I too would would like to know the answer to that as that is the version I wanted

22 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

Perhaps Kernow are the people to ask 

Kernow won't be able to answer your question the people to ask are Model Rail magazine, it actually says and gives details of how to on page 3 of the current mag 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, VIA185 said:

It's Class 11s at the moment, Class 12s later.

Yes we know that! I've got two 11s paid for. The point the person who first asked the question is that when the 11 and 12 were announced they gave us a list of models for both classes. But now the blue class 12 have vanished from the class 12 release list and the original poster of the question was asking where it had gone

I recall one of the recent Model Rail magazines including a revised list of Class 12's.

They removed the BR Green Weathered livery and altered the numbers.
I'm not 100% on it but I believe the Class 12's numbers and liveries are now as such:
BR Black Early Crest No.15220 (15223 on website)
BR Green Early Crest No.15224 (Formerly BR Black No.15235)
BR Green Late Crest Wasp Stripes No.15221 (15224 on website)
BR Blue Wasp Stripes No.15212
& Tilston Light Blue Wasp Stripes No.15231
Photo for reference:
spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Crouchja32 said:

I recall one of the recent Model Rail magazines including a revised list of Class 12's.

I'm not 100% on it but I believe the Class 12's numbers and liveries are now as such:
Photo for reference:

Interesting.  Wonder why they've changed the numbers? 

I assume they're still not even accepting pre-orders.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Crouchja32 said:

Photo for reference:
spacer.png

AFAIK the middle one and possibly also the second one should have a black roof to both the cab and bonnet.  i.e. not grey and geen respectively as shown in the illustration above.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Just received a pair of Class 11's.

878 ' BASRA' + 12105

THE LMR dos not have the lights front and back though 12105 does.

Gearing appears low which is good.

Cab lights, looks like a wand is provided.

After running in, next job is fit the Next18's!

Enjoy if you are getting one or more. Look good to me so far!

Thanks Heljan / Model Rail !

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Interesting.  Wonder why they've changed the numbers? 

I assume they're still not even accepting pre-orders.

As projects progress, research is ongoing. More research comes to light and sometimes differences are revealed which mean that a number has to be changed to fit in with a different production batch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitted a Zimo Next18 to 878 'BASRAS'

I like the way the side panels come off and and screws hidden beneath. [Important to line up shell and chassis properly when refitting].

Shell did take a little wiggling to free, though not too bad. Gentle fingernail persuasion of the cab end ensured no resultant damage.

Make sure you fit the decoder the correct away around (brief common sense failure)!

Remapped the cab lights from F2 to F1 on my ECoS which was a doddle.

Also had to use the 'reverse' feature to get the shunter to go nose first when showing forward direction on the ECoS.

All working very well, yay!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Opelsi said:

Fitted a Zimo Next18 to 878 'BASRAS'

I like the way the side panels come off and and screws hidden beneath. [Important to line up shell and chassis properly when refitting].

Shell did take a little wiggling to free, though not too bad. Gentle fingernail persuasion of the cab end ensured no resultant damage.

Make sure you fit the decoder the correct away around (brief common sense failure)!

Remapped the cab lights from F2 to F1 on my ECoS which was a doddle.

Also had to use the 'reverse' feature to get the shunter to go nose first when showing forward direction on the ECoS.

All working very well, yay!

Nice, do you reckon theres room for the HM7000 decoder?

2 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Nice, do you reckon theres room for the HM7000 decoder?

Sorry, I've no idea as not seen one in the flesh. Not looking at going down that route presently. Maybe in a couple of years once they have the system bedded in.

The fit of the socket means the decoder runs longitudinally if that helps. 

Yes, I am really  looking forward to the Class 12.

Looking at it the obvious questions is will Heljan be able to use this to entered the Class 08 market. However with many of us probably fully stocked with 08's, it occurred to me if they could possibly wring out a Class 10 as well as the forthcoming Class 12.

Hoping that might be possible!